"We are seeing ROSH positioning himself?"

Love His Appearing

A prophecy teacher I follow just posted this on his social media in regards to Russia and the Ukraine. What are your thoughts?

I know there are many threads on Russia and Ukraine, but I am specifically wondering about Rosh? I thought it was Gog of Magog that will eventually attack. Is Rosh the same as Gog?

I feel embarrassed to ask this question cuz it seems so basic. :shrug

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
A prophecy teacher I follow just posted this on his social media in regards to Russia and the Ukraine. What are your thoughts?

I know there are many threads on Russia and Ukraine, but I am specifically wondering about Rosh? I thought it was Gog of Magog that will eventually attack. Is Rosh the same as Gog?

My understanding is that Gog is a title for a leader and that Rosh is Russia.

They definitely do seem to be pushing forwards now with their plans don't they ?

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
I believe Gog and Magog might well be gearing up to attack Israel, after they're done with Ukraine. Russia and the middle eastern nations named within Ezekiel have certainly been becoming all buddy, buddy in recent years.

Ukraine I'm worried about. But we know how it ends for Gog and Magog when they turn on Israel.

MapleLeaf

I believe Putin (Gog)will go through Yugoslavia and also try for the Baltic and Poland.
World War Three will leave Europe in tatters (10 Horns) and America weakened.
Iran will turn loose its proxies on ISRAEL (Psalm 83, Isaiah 17).
That will be the hook for Gog, Ezekiel 38
I hope we're not headed to WW3 but the past few years the worldwide tensions seemed reminiscent of the crisscrossing treaties and alliances and changing social structures that lead up to WW1 (everyone talks about WW2 but this one seems more applicable). None of the World Wars are mentioned in Bible prophecy other than Armageddon so we could have any number of them. I was just hoping not to see them in my lifetime.

Wings Like Eagles

My understanding is that Gog is a title for a leader and that Rosh is Russia.

They definitely do seem to be pushing forwards now with their plans don't they ?
Rabbis will tell you that "Gog and Magog" is just a sort of generic term for any leader and nation that come against Israel (Israel in the Millennial Kingdom is called the "camp of God").

When it turned out that the Biden administration was so wishy-washy, there were many speculations that Russia would move to take control of Ukraine (it was a province of Russia for three-hundred years) and that China would take control of Taiwan. Ukraine has no strategic interest for the U.S. but it provides a conduit from Europe deep into southern Russia, so it has much strategic interest for them in addition to providing them with food security in case of Russian crop failures--they had a lot during the Soviet era. Of the two, the taking of Taiwan is more detrimental to the U.S., because of the shortage of silicon chips that Taiwan pretty much has a lock on.

The "Russian crisis" was created by the Biden administration. The restriction of N. American oil supplies has meant that the U.S. has been forced to import more oil (and a lot of this newly imported oil has even come from Russia!!) Some interesting historical background: Much of Russia grew out of Ukraine (the Kiev Rus were a nomadic tribe that settled in the area of Ukraine, many, many centuries ago). The northern part of Russia was settled by a Viking tribe much later, when it was still a mostly uninhabited wilderness. Interestingly, the Volga River that flows from the northwest well into northern Russia was probably named by them as the word also appears in the Norwegian and Finnish lexicons. It is thought that the northern Viking tribes, subsequently intermarried with the tribes that migrated north out of the Ukrainian territory--after they had been Christianized. I read that's what Ukraine actually means in Russian--"outsiders". There's a lot of hysteria about "Russia, Russia, Russia" but, it is just the attempt of Putin to put a barrier between Russia and the European globalists who seek to make Russia just one more vassal state in their One World Government.

My guess is that the "Kings of the East" mentioned in the Book of Revelation are China (maybe India too) and, to a lesser extent, Russia. Both China and Russia have a large number of Christians. It has been estimated that China has approximately 100 million (maybe more--it is difficult to assess because of the secret house churches). Approximately 90% of Russians identify themselves as Russian Orthodox these days--not known how many are true, Bible-believing, Christians--although Eastern Orthodoxy claims the Bible as the authority in matters of faith, unlike the RCC which claims the RCC as the authority.

Lovin Jesus

I think I saw the same one. It's a good question. Though Ukraine is not mentioned by name in the prophecies it could be significant in that this particular war will impact the European energy sources being provided by Russia to the European states. It could be what causes Gog, in my opinion I think it's Putin, to make up a scheme to invade Israel for her spoil, the energy of gas that is being planned to provide via pipeline to be completed by 2025. Russia so t let that happen.

daygo

I think I saw the same one. It's a good question. Though Ukraine is not mentioned by name in the prophecies it could be significant in that this particular war will impact the European energy sources being provided by Russia to the European states. It could be what causes Gog, in my opinion I think it's Putin, to make up a scheme to invade Israel for her spoil, the energy of gas that is being planned to provide via pipeline to be completed by 2025. Russia so t let that happen.
Yes the gas and oil in Israel has to be one of the hooks, just too much common sense, so something has to happen along these lines.

athenasius

My answer to the question are we seeing Rosh positioning himself?

Yes. But we've been seeing that form as Iran and Russia and Turkey all position themselves in Syria. The area of the Ukraine is part of the Magog territory and the Ukrainian forces will perhaps enfold back into Russian control and therefore may well be included as an invader of Israel in the invasion of Ezek 38.

Could be fast, could also take a few years depending on God's timing of events.

I believe Gog and Magog might well be gearing up to attack Israel, after they're done with Ukraine. Russia and the middle eastern nations named within Ezekiel have certainly been becoming all buddy, buddy in recent years.

Ukraine I'm worried about. But we know how it ends for Gog and Magog when they turn on Israel.
@Círeth so good to see you again. I sort of think that Russia is getting a crash course in modern warfare with this invasion, and I agree, after that they may turn their eyes to Israel.
\
some indications already. Their foreign minister Lavrov has said Russia doesn't agree with the Golan Heights being in possession of Israel. More on that in other threads but their stance to Israel is cooling off.

crunchymama

Depending on how this goes- IF Russia were to retreat from Ukraine because either the Ukrainians somehow manage to prevail over the Russians or the world leaders manage to enact enough consequences to convince Putin to pull out (and I don't think either are likely- I'm throwing out possibilities), that loss would be a huge blow to Putin. That may set the hook even more to invade Israel for the gas. I mean, surely Russia, Iran, Turkey and the many others could EASILY take on little-bitty Israel, right???? I mean, Israel is so small and has all the gas they need to finally be a super-power. It would be so tempting...

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Depending on how this goes- IF Russia were to retreat from Ukraine because either the Ukrainians somehow manage to prevail over the Russians or the world leaders manage to enact enough consequences to convince Putin to pull out (and I don't think either are likely- I'm throwing out possibilities), that loss would be a huge blow to Putin. That may set the hook even more to invade Israel for the gas. I mean, surely Russia, Iran, Turkey and the many others could EASILY take on little-bitty Israel, right???? I mean, Israel is so small and has all the gas they need to finally be a super-power. It would be so tempting...
I was mulling over that scenario also

Rocky R.

Some analysts say that this little war is costing Russia around $15 billion per day or more, and that if the Russian armies are unable to conquer the nation within 10 days time it can bankrupt the former Soviet nation. Add to that all the sanctions in place and the hacking done by Ukranian techs to Russian crypto wallets, and you've got a formula for Russia's excuse to steal the goods of another nation by force. That brings to mind Ezekiel 38:13, which says, "Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?" Perhaps this is indeed the setup for these foretold events. Also, some pastors say that this Ezekiel battle between Russia and Israel takes place after the Rapture. I say, "Really?!" Seems as if the big battle would take place before that, but whether before or after it can only mean that the Big Event is very close!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I heard in the news reports that the Russian troops brought about enough supplies for a 1-4 day battle which is what they thought this would end up as. Now that they have encountered fierce resistance from the Ukrainians that the Russian troops are about out of food and gas. They had some video of Russian tanks that were stalled on the Ukrainian roads out of gas. The news reports are saying that if the Ukranians can make it to 10 days that the Russians would have to enter negotiations to end the conflict.

See here: https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-furious-ukraine-invasion-easy-eu-riho-terras-intel

He thought that the whole war would be easy and everything would be done in 1-4 days," Terras wrote.

Instead, Ukrainian military members – and civilians arming themselves with guns and Molotov cocktails – have been working to fend off Russian forces who have been entering Ukraine from several directions since Thursday.

As his thread continues, Terras claims the intel report says the Russian forces lacked an adequate tactical plan and were themselves strapped for supplies – bringing enough rockets for only three or four days, and thus "use them sparingly."

Hopes of the Russians getting more weapons and ammunition are limited, Terras claims.

"They have no raw materials," he writes. "What was previously supplied mainly from Slovenia, Finland and Germany is now cut off" because of Western sanctions.

If the Ukrainians are able to fight off the Russians for 10 days, that will likely force Moscow to enter negotiations to end the conflict because "they have no money, weapons, or resources," Terras writes.

Pray for Ukraine. :pray

Chris

Administrator
Staff member

You should read this thread in our end times library on the forums. It explains everything.

https://www.raptureforums.com/forum...39-russias-day-of-destruction-in-israel.3859/

Rocky R.

I heard in the news reports that the Russian troops brought about enough supplies for a 1-4 day battle which is what they thought this would end up as. Now that they have encountered fierce resistance from the Ukrainians that the Russian troops are about out of food and gas. They had some video of Russian tanks that were stalled on the Ukrainian roads out of gas. The news reports are saying that if the Ukranians can make it to 10 days that the Russians would have to enter negotiations to end the conflict.

See here: https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-furious-ukraine-invasion-easy-eu-riho-terras-intel

He thought that the whole war would be easy and everything would be done in 1-4 days," Terras wrote.

Instead, Ukrainian military members – and civilians arming themselves with guns and Molotov cocktails – have been working to fend off Russian forces who have been entering Ukraine from several directions since Thursday.

As his thread continues, Terras claims the intel report says the Russian forces lacked an adequate tactical plan and were themselves strapped for supplies – bringing enough rockets for only three or four days, and thus "use them sparingly."

Hopes of the Russians getting more weapons and ammunition are limited, Terras claims.

"They have no raw materials," he writes. "What was previously supplied mainly from Slovenia, Finland and Germany is now cut off" because of Western sanctions.

If the Ukrainians are able to fight off the Russians for 10 days, that will likely force Moscow to enter negotiations to end the conflict because "they have no money, weapons, or resources," Terras writes.

Perhaps Russia will attempt to strong-arm the Taliban for the huge cache of American weapons left behind in Afghanistan? What if Putin enters into negotiations with those and other Islamic fundamentalists from Sudan, Libya, and Iran? I'm sure he would want to recoup his losses and make up for his lack of cashflow now that the sanctions have kicked in. Makes sense that European nations would only serve to sanction the guy as it would lead to a series of events that would help to kickstart Ezekiel 38. For those that don't know Bible prophecy, they would only see the sanctions as something like tickling Putin with a feather in response to his violent actions. But Vlad seriously underestimated the resolve of the Ukranians to fight for their land. In my opinion, I believe God might be aiding the Ukranians. By the way, they ought to place sanctions on Belarus, too. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-grip-power-doesnt-Ukraine-says-minister.html

What's next? Might we see Xi pounce on Taiwan? Perhaps after seeing the worldwide response to Putin's actions, he might not since his country is not in the best economic shape. China's Evergrande troubles are already threatening to collapse their economy, and while a successful takeover of Taiwan might help, it will be for naught if sanctions are placed against the Asian communist juggernaut.

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.

I couldn't help but laugh in derision at the arrogance of only bringing enough supplies for 1-4 days. Putin severely underestimated his enemy.