Watching a jigsaw puzzle SEEM to put itself together...

KR McKay

Hmmm...so, in late June, Turkey (ancient "Gomer") starts thinking against the "west" and towards the Islamofascists, while opening its arms towards ancient "Meshech," "Tubal," and the "House of Togarrmah." (Georgia and the Caucuses, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, and Armenia): Turkey losing interest in EU -- Now following 'pro-Arab Islamist' foreign policy.

In late July, we see that Russia and Iran ("Magog" and "Persia") are growing closer together than EVER BEFORE IN HISTORY: Russia-Iran Naval Maneuvers Begin in Caspian Sea.

NOW, "Gomer" is drawing ever closer to "Persia": Turkey Forms Alliance With Iran Against Kurds.

This, of course, brings the Ezekiel 38-39 "Gog/Magog" conspirators into a closer and closer circle.

Since the Psalm 83 War MUST precede Gog/Magog (and only "Amalek" -- the Sinai -- is not yet arming and massing hostiles with the rest of this group...except for its supplying "Philistia" -- The Gaza Strip), it would seem that Mid-East fireworks are REALLY CLOSE to being "set off..."

It is so neat to watch Biblical prophecy speeding towards fulfillment!

Keep looking up!

mikalikat

Citizen
I really felt yesterday while watching Netanyahu's speech that it was his litmus test for the world: Either you support us in our quest to live within the borders God gave us and without fear, or we will strike out at those threatening to take us out. I have heard ABSOLUTELY NO support for Israel after that speech, so I am assuming they are figuring that, with today's discovery of the secret Iranian nuclear site, that they are on their own. The litmus test appears to have failed, so I'm expecting to turn on the tv any time now and see a mushroom cloud somewhere around Iran. From that point on it's just a matter of watching the skies.....

open door

I really felt yesterday while watching Netanyahu's speech that it was his litmus test for the world: Either you support us in our quest to live within the borders God gave us and without fear, or we will strike out at those threatening to take us out. I have heard ABSOLUTELY NO support for Israel after that speech, so I am assuming they are figuring that, with today's discovery of the secret Iranian nuclear site, that they are on their own. The litmus test appears to have failed, so I'm expecting to turn on the tv any time now and see a mushroom cloud somewhere around Iran. From that point on it's just a matter of watching the skies.....
Mika, I agree totally with your assessment.

Faith

I was wondering why Ps. 83 would have to happen before the Ez War?

I always thought it would,but with seeing what is happening now, I'm wondering....

LdyinChrist

I always thought it would,but with seeing what is happening now, I'm wondering....
I believe the Ps 83 war would have to come before the gog/magog war because Israel is not dwelling in safety.

The ps 83 war would extend Israel's borders and cause them to obtain increased wealth and her borders would be safe from neighboring enemies.

Psalm 83 ... Preview Of A Coming Attraction
Jack Kelley

Asaph's prayer was that Israel's current enemies will be just as soundly defeated as were the Midianites and the Canaanites, their armies scattered and their leaders executed.

Should this be the case, Israel will become larger, not smaller, with the contention over the ownership of Gaza, the West bank and the Golan put to an end. Israel will become stronger, not weaker, its military reputation restored and even enhanced. The divided land will be divided no more, and Jerusalem will remain a unified city. The controversial security fence will come down, since the borders on all three sides will be safe and the threat of terrorist attacks eliminated. 60 years of war will have finally ended. It will be the perfect opportunity for the enemy to bring about a false sense of security and turn Israel into a peaceful and unsuspecting people living in a land of unwalled villages.

Meanwhile, the Russians and Iranians, who will have fought this battle only by proxy, will study their defeat and learn from their mistakes, lying in wait for the next opportunity to strike. It won't be long in coming. You can almost hear the footsteps of the Messiah. 02-23-08

Psalm 83...Preview Of A Coming Attraction

Faith

Thank you, Dyinchrist.

If their eyes is focus on Iran right now, what do you suppose will cause Israel to attack Syria for Damascus to fall?

WartHog

I believe the Ps 83 war would have to come before the gog/magog war because Israel is not dwelling in safety.

The ps 83 war would extend Israel's borders and cause them to obtain increased wealth and her borders would be safe from neighboring enemies.

Psalm 83 ... Preview Of A Coming Attraction
Jack Kelley

Asaph's prayer was that Israel's current enemies will be just as soundly defeated as were the Midianites and the Canaanites, their armies scattered and their leaders executed.

Should this be the case, Israel will become larger, not smaller, with the contention over the ownership of Gaza, the West bank and the Golan put to an end. Israel will become stronger, not weaker, its military reputation restored and even enhanced. The divided land will be divided no more, and Jerusalem will remain a unified city. The controversial security fence will come down, since the borders on all three sides will be safe and the threat of terrorist attacks eliminated. 60 years of war will have finally ended. It will be the perfect opportunity for the enemy to bring about a false sense of security and turn Israel into a peaceful and unsuspecting people living in a land of unwalled villages.

Meanwhile, the Russians and Iranians, who will have fought this battle only by proxy, will study their defeat and learn from their mistakes, lying in wait for the next opportunity to strike. It won't be long in coming. You can almost hear the footsteps of the Messiah. 02-23-08

Psalm 83...Preview Of A Coming Attraction
WOW! That makes perfect sene. :thumbup

LdyinChrist

The Lord led me to Obadiah the other night...and It seems so well like God is saying this right now.

Obadiah 1 (King James Version)

Obadiah 1

1The vision of Obadiah. Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning Edom; We have heard a rumour from the LORD, and an ambassador is sent among the heathen, Arise ye, and let us rise up against her in battle.

2Behold, I have made thee small among the heathen: thou art greatly despised.

3The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee, thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is high; that saith in his heart, Who shall bring me down to the ground?

4Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the LORD.

5If thieves came to thee, if robbers by night, (how art thou cut off!) would they not have stolen till they had enough? if the grapegatherers came to thee, would they not leave some grapes?

6How are the things of Esau searched out! how are his hidden things sought up!

7All the men of thy confederacy have brought thee even to the border: the men that were at peace with thee have deceived thee, and prevailed against thee; they that eat thy bread have laid a wound under thee: there is none understanding in him.

8Shall I not in that day, saith the LORD, even destroy the wise men out of Edom, and understanding out of the mount of Esau?

9And thy mighty men, O Teman, shall be dismayed, to the end that every one of the mount of Esau may be cut off by slaughter.

10For thy violence against thy brother Jacob shame shall cover thee, and thou shalt be cut off for ever.

11In the day that thou stoodest on the other side, in the day that the strangers carried away captive his forces, and foreigners entered into his gates, and cast lots upon Jerusalem, even thou wast as one of them.

12But thou shouldest not have looked on the day of thy brother in the day that he became a stranger; neither shouldest thou have rejoiced over the children of Judah in the day of their destruction; neither shouldest thou have spoken proudly in the day of distress.

13Thou shouldest not have entered into the gate of my people in the day of their calamity; yea, thou shouldest not have looked on their affliction in the day of their calamity, nor have laid hands on their substance in the day of their calamity;

14Neither shouldest thou have stood in the crossway, to cut off those of his that did escape; neither shouldest thou have delivered up those of his that did remain in the day of distress.

15For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

16For as ye have drunk upon my holy mountain, so shall all the heathen drink continually, yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been.

17But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.

18And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them; and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for the LORD hath spoken it.

19And they of the south shall possess the mount of Esau; and they of the plain the Philistines: and they shall possess the fields of Ephraim, and the fields of Samaria: and Benjamin shall possess Gilead.

20And the captivity of this host of the children of Israel shall possess that of the Canaanites, even unto Zarephath; and the captivity of Jerusalem, which is in Sepharad, shall possess the cities of the south.

21And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD's.

You know God's gotta be pretty upset with Ahmadinejad's accusation that "the Holocaust never existed" !!!!!

LdyinChrist

Thank you, Dyinchrist.

If their eyes is focus on Iran right now, what do you suppose will cause Israel to attack Syria for Damascus to fall?
I just found this Faith...this might be pretty good reason

Iraq police man Syrian border, accuse Damascus of harboring terrorists

Reuters reports that the Iraqi Prime Minister personally ordered thousands of extra Iraqi police to man the Syrian border, accusing Damascus of providing a safe haven for foreign Sunni jihadists responsible for recent bombings, including two truck bombs in Baghdad that killed nearly 100 people last month.

The manic-depressive relationship between the two countries, especially its leaders, has triggered larger scale unrest between Sunnis and Shi’ites in the greater Middle East. One week the two Prime Ministers are seemingly on the verge of achieving significant breakthroughs during strategic negotiations, and then they are on the verge of declaring war the next.

Iraqi’s Shi’ite Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki accused Damascus of aiding and abetting former Saddam Hussein Baathist militants and al-Qaeda by allowing them to design and launch terrorist attacks from Syrian soil. Maliki says 90 percent of foreign jihadists enter Iraq via Syria, and demanded they hand over two militants suspected of masterminding these most recent attacks. Tariq Yasuf, police chief of Anbar province in western Iraq, told Reuters:

God has been known to let the enemy kill each other.

Iraq police man Syrian border, accuse Damascus of harboring terrorists

KR McKay

Faith:

What LdyinChrist posted from Jack Kelley is a good reason Psalm 83 must come first.

Also, as an explanation, here is what I posted to the thread http://www.raptureforums.com/forum/anything-goes-coffee-shop/28382-understanding-president.html:

"...the "refugee" problem -- the descendants of Edom -- will soon be "dealt with." Jordan -- modern-day Ammon, Moab, and Edom -- is already "gearing up" for their "last war" with Israel. [See: Jordan's King: Israel faces all out war if it does not cede Jerusalem to Palestinians, from early May of this year.]

"Meanwhile, modern-day Lebanon -- ancient Tyre and Gebal -- is slowly massing troops near its southern border.

"All of these hostilities will be dealt with in the Psalm 83 War, and then Israel's borders will stretch to the Euphrates, as God originally gave Abraham in Genesis 15:18: “To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates..." After the Psalm 83 War, Israel will not be restricted to calls for the '67 borders, any longer! [Note: Jeremiah and Obadiah deal with the results of this war.]

"Also note that this war is a necessary precursor to Gog/Magog, since Ezekiel 39:11 says, "...I will give Gog a burial place there in Israel, the valley of those who pass by east of the sea..." The place spoken of is in PRESENT-DAY JORDAN. Ezekiel 39:11 identifies it as being "IN ISRAEL." After the Psalm 83 War, that place WILL be "in Israel!

"So, yes -- it's sickening to see everyone -- INCLUDING THE USA -- turning against Israel, but it is all leading to something greater than anyone can imagine! And, as some have noted, it also means that we should be leaving here, soon! I don't know if we'll be here to see that war or not, but to see Israel conquer all of its hostile, immediate neighbors would be something to see! If we don't see it, of course, we'll be seeing the Marriage Feast, which will be even better!

Hope that also helps!

Let me recommend Bill Salus' book, Israelstine. I'm almost done with it, now. It is THOROUGHLY researched and footnoted, and deals exclusively with the Psalm 83 War. The research Salus did is EXTENSIVE!

LdyinChrist

Faith:

What LdyinChrist posted from Jack Kelley is a good reason Psalm 83 must come first.

Also, as an explanation, here is what I posted to the thread http://www.raptureforums.com/forum/anything-goes-coffee-shop/28382-understanding-president.html:

"...the "refugee" problem -- the descendants of Edom -- will soon be "dealt with." Jordan -- modern-day Ammon, Moab, and Edom -- is already "gearing up" for their "last war" with Israel. [See: Jordan's King: Israel faces all out war if it does not cede Jerusalem to Palestinians, from early May of this year.]

"Meanwhile, modern-day Lebanon -- ancient Tyre and Gebal -- is slowly massing troops near its southern border.

"All of these hostilities will be dealt with in the Psalm 83 War, and then Israel's borders will stretch to the Euphrates, as God originally gave Abraham in Genesis 15:18: “To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates..." After the Psalm 83 War, Israel will not be restricted to calls for the '67 borders, any longer! [Note: Jeremiah and Obadiah deal with the results of this war.]

"Also note that this war is a necessary precursor to Gog/Magog, since Ezekiel 39:11 says, "...I will give Gog a burial place there in Israel, the valley of those who pass by east of the sea..." The place spoken of is in PRESENT-DAY JORDAN. Ezekiel 39:11 identifies it as being "IN ISRAEL." After the Psalm 83 War, that place WILL be "in Israel!

"So, yes -- it's sickening to see everyone -- INCLUDING THE USA -- turning against Israel, but it is all leading to something greater than anyone can imagine! And, as some have noted, it also means that we should be leaving here, soon! I don't know if we'll be here to see that war or not, but to see Israel conquer all of its hostile, immediate neighbors would be something to see! If we don't see it, of course, we'll be seeing the Marriage Feast, which will be even better!

Hope that also helps!

Let me recommend Bill Salus' book, Israelstine. I'm almost done with it, now. It is THOROUGHLY researched and footnoted, and deals exclusively with the Psalm 83 War. The research Salus did is EXTENSIVE!

Thank you KR for posting this....I found a site with a map of the psalm 83 war....by Bill Salus...

PROPHECY DEPOT: PSALM 83 - Has It Found Final Fulfillment?

It is just like God to give a small picture of the big picture.

God bringing Israel out as a nation in Egypt is a small picture of the big picture.

God "snatching" Lot out before judgement is poured out on Sodom and Gomoriah is a small picture of the big picture.

Notice this map of Psalm 83 of the neighboring countries surrounding Jerusalem...a small picture of the big picture in which the whole world will surround Jerusalem

God works from the inside out.

Judgment must first begin at the house of God...at the Rapture

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

LdyinChrist

Commentary on Obadiah
January 19, 2004

In Obadiah, a very broad chronological perspective is portrayed, all the way from back to the time of the destruction of the first Temple, through to the time of the end. The indictment of Edom contains charges of crimes at various points along the way.

In the 1930s and 1940s, the Jewish people faced the worse crisis in their history. Simultaneously, the Lord had been opening the doors to their Promised Land once again through the Zionist movement. But the British heartlessly slammed the doors shut at that most critical time, primarily because of the influence of the Arabs. Succumbing to political pressure and physical duress, the Brits did not allow Jews to enter into their land, abandoning them to mass death in Europe under the Nazi scourge. Had it not been for Arab rioting and violence, the British would not have enacted those policies. Therefore, Edom was responsible for "killing those who tried to escape."

Obadiah's repetitive emphasis on "the day of their disaster", "day of their calamity", "day of their destruction", "day of their trouble", "day of their misfortune", "day of their ruin", "day of their anguish", does seem evocative of the Holocaust. It was utmost catastrophe the Jews suffered at the climax of their long period of calamitous exile, just prior to the repossession of their ancient homeland.

Though the Nazis were the chief slaughterers of Jews, the Palestinians were accessories and accomplices. The Palestinian leader Haj Amin al-Husseini, mufti of Jerusalem, was the dastardly notorious agitator of violence against Palestinian Jews in the 1920s and 1930s. Later, seeing a potential ally for his homicide campaign with the rise of Hitler, Husseini played no small part in the Holocaust. Living in Berlin during the war, he became very chummy with Hitler. Husseini worked together with him on various efforts, encouraging him to more forceful ruination of the Jews. To cite the details of this would be too involved for this article, but Husseini's guilt has been well-documented, including the development of a Bosnian Muslim division of the Waffen SS he personally recruited for Hitler.

Recalling that Obadiah takes a long view of Edom's crimes over time, we understand that the brutal mistreatment of the Jews is not a recent phenomenon. The previous verse in the list of indictments says, "You shouldn't have plundered the land of Israel when they were suffering such calamity. You shouldn't have gloated over the destruction of your relatives, looting their homes and making yourselves rich at their expense." (v 13 NLT) The extended calamity, when Israel was expelled from their land, began in 70 AD, and ended with the Holocaust.

Commentary on Obadiah

micah719

an adopted son of The Most High God John 6:37-40
Isaiah 49:25-26
25 For thus says the Lord: Even the captives of the mighty will be taken away, and the prey of the terrible will be delivered; for I will contend with him who contends with you, and I will give safety to your children and ease them.
26 And I will make those who oppress you consume themselves [in mutually destructive wars], thus eating their own flesh; and they will be drunk with their own blood, as with sweet wine; and all flesh will know [with a knowledge grounded in personal experience] that I, the Lord, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
It will be so interesting to see all the pieces of the prophecy puzzle put together. We know what events are going to take place according to The Bible. Not necessarily the correct order of events. I would like to see your opinions of the order you believe events will take place. :wave

LdyinChrist

Interesting timeline, thought I would share.

The Circumstances at His Coming (antichrist)
1. His character (vv. 36-39)

"The king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvelous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished; for that which is determined shall be done. Neither shall he regard the gods of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall magnify himself above all. "

This king has been called "the willful king" since he will operate "according to his [own] will. " He is identified by several descriptive titles in the Bible: the "little horn" (Dan. 7:8) , the "king of fierce countenance" (Dan. 8:23) , "the prince that shall come" (Dan. 9:26) , the "man of sin . . . the son of perdition" (2 Thess. 2:3; a Hebraism meaning he is doomed to destruction) , and "a beast" (Rev. 13:1).
a) His power (v. 36a)

"The king shall do according to his will. "

The Antichrist will make his decisions as an absolute sovereign and with self-centered motives. Because he will be empowered by Satan he will give the world the baptism of hell. Because he will have demonic cooperation he will be able to establish an absolute world monarchy. His will have credibility because he will be able to do miraculous signs and wonders that deceive people. Under his rule the western world will become the protector of Israel against those who desire to control it--the Soviet Union, the East, the Arab nations, and a coalition of African nations.

During the Antichrist's reign there will be other rulers, but he will be supreme over all. Revelation 17 mentions ten other kings who will be puppet kings under the Antichrist. Revelation 13 indicates he will be aided by a "false prophet" who will do his bidding. The kings of the south, north, and east will attempt to revolt against the Antichrist only after his sovereignty is established. But his power to make decisions will be absolute. His influence in the world will be so complete that he will cause all mankind to bear his mark to function in society (Rev. 13:16-17).

b) His pride (v. 36b)

"He shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god. "

Antiochus Epiphanes was proud but he never magnified himself above every god. He religiously worshiped the gods of the Greeks and tried to force the Jews to do the same. But the Antichrist will be atheistic--setting himself above every god. The apostle Paul said he "opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped, so that he, as God, sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God" (2 Thess. 2:4). While there have been many egoists in history, the one who will sit in the Temple claiming to be God will be the greatest of all. He will be the epitome of pride. Paul appropriately identified him as an opposer or adversary (2 Thess. 2:4) --a common description of Satan that directly links the Antichrist to the evil power behind him.

The verb used in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 is translated "exalted above measure" in 2 Corinthians 12:7. The Antichrist will exalt himself above all that is worshiped--whether deities, shrines, images, or altars. He will initially tolerate religion, but at a given time he will destroy the false church (identified as "the great harlot" in Revelation 17:1). He will let the Jewish people worship in their Temple until the middle of the tribulation but then he will desecrate it--committing the abomination of desolation after the pattern of Antiochus Epiphanes and slaughtering so many Jewish people that two-thirds of them will die (Zech. 13:8).

c) His blasphemy (v. 36c)

"[He] shall speak marvelous things against the God of gods. "

The Antichrist will be a blasphemer without equal. Revelation 13:5-6 says, "There was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies. . . . And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, and His tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. " His will be the mouth of hell, and he will try to change God's moral laws (Dan. 7:25).

The Hebrew text of Daniel 11:36 indicates that the "marvelous" or astonishing things the Antichrist will speak will be unbelievable. In effect, that means the intensity of his blasphemy will be unparalleled in human history.

Why Will God Allow the Antichrist to Reign?

God will tolerate the Antichrist's atrocities because they are part of the process God is using to purify Israel. And they will last only a short period of time! Revelation 13:5 states that the Antichrist will be given power for only forty-two months (three- and-a-half years). He will exalt himself as God for the last half of the Tribulation, until God's wrath is completely poured out. His blasphemy and oppression will finally lead the nation of Israel to recognize Jesus Christ as its Messiah and turn to Him. Nothing short of the Antichrist's reign and persecution will do that.

d) His perversion (v. 37a)

The angel told Daniel that the Antichrist will be perverted in three ways.
(1) Of tradition

"Neither shall he regard the gods of his fathers. "

The King James Version translates that as "the God of his fathers," but it is better translated with the plural "gods" because the singular form of the Hebrew word is used twice in the immediate context. That means the Antichrist will not respect traditional religion of his fathers.

Paul said that in the last days men will be "without natural affection" (2 Tim. 3:3). Families will fall apart because people will no longer care about their family members. There will be no respect for parents, heritage, or family tradition. While people normally respect the beliefs of their ancestors, the Antichrist will not.

(2) Of love

"Nor the desire of women. "

That's a very difficult phrase to interpret. It could mean that the Antichrist will be a homosexual because he will lack the normal capacity to love a woman. Some think it means he will lack the gentleness and graciousness characteristic of women. Others conclude it means he won't care for the Messiah, "the desire of women" being interpreted as the hope of Jewish women to give birth to the Messiah. But in context that last interpretation seems forced since many people don't have that desire and thus it would not sufficiently distinguish the Antichrist. I believe the phrase indicates that he will not have a normal affection for a wife, mother, or sister.

(3) Of religion

"Nor regard any god. "

Most people believe in some kind of god. When getting into trouble they usually turn to a higher source of power than themselves for help. Men invent religions because they naturally believe in the supernatural. But the Antichrist will be completely irreligious.

Our world seems ready for that kind of leader. Many today aren't bothered by a man in leadership who doesn't have normal family relationships, though fifty years ago no one would have considered him. Few now seem to be bothered if a man has a perverted sexual life--homosexuality is often presented merely an alternative lifestyle. Nor is belief in God thought to be important in our society. Probably most would accept an atheist in power, especially if he pretended to be religious.
e) His idol (vv. 37b-39)
(1) The god he will honor (vv. 37b-38a)

"He shall magnify himself above all. But in his estate [lit. "in its place"] shall he honor the god of fortresses. "

The Antichrist will worship "the god of fortresses" in place of the normal human affections for family, women, and God. The Hebrew word translated "fortresses" is used six other times in Daniel 11 (vv. 1, 7, 10, 19, 31, 39). In each instance it refers to a strong place or fort, and always deals with military power. Daniel 7:23 says the fourth and final form of the Roman Empire under the rule of the Antichrist "shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. " Such incredible military power means he will be able to magnify himself above all else. He will have the intimidation of nuclear weapons or whatever other weapons of mass destruction are fashionable at his time.

(2) The offering he will make (vv. 38b-39)

"A god whom his fathers knew not shall he honor with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things. Thus shall he do in the strongest fortresses with a foreign god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory; and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain. "

The text assumes that the Antichrist's forefathers would offer anything valuable to their deities--whether gold, silver, precious stones, or other desirable items. But the Antichrist will offer his precious metals and stones to acquire a war machine, "a god whom his fathers knew not. " Because war is so expensive he may seek to capture the world's wealth to buy armaments.

The Antichrist will attack the strongest fortresses with his "foreign god" (war machine). Once he obtains control of the earth he will honor everyone who honors him with land, a leadership position, and limited independence. To insure political control he will obligate those he conquers to obey him. That kind of control has been seen in our time in atheistic communism--a militant philosophy of world domination.
2. His conflict (vv. 40-45)

During the first three-and-a-half years of the Tribulation the Antichrist will obtain world dominion. During that time he will let the false church coexist with his atheistic government. He will also allow Israel certain freedoms while he honors his treaty of protection with them. But that will change.
a) The cause (v. 40a-b)
(1) Invasion from the South (v. 40a)

"At the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him. "

A revolution against the Antichrist will erupt. Holding a global empire together is an impossible task and even hell won't be able to do it. The empire the Antichrist obtained peacefully by solving some problems in the Middle East will begin to fall apart. "The king of the south" will bring an army out of Africa in an attempt to control the strategic Middle East. The Hebrew word describing that attack as a "push" comes from a word meaning "to push like a goat. "

(2) Invasion from the North (v. 40b)

"The king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind. "

At the same time an army more powerful than the southern army will attack from the north. The Antichrist will be in control of the Middle East so those two attacks will be against him. "The king of the north" refers to the area now occupied by the Soviet Union or Russia, which desires control of the Middle East.

Ezekiel 38-39 contains important evidence indicating a Russian army that will invade from the north:
(a) Israel will be regathered

Ezekiel 38:8 says, "After many days, thou shalt be visited; in the latter years thou shalt come into the land. " When the king of the north attacks, Israel will be regathered in its land (cf. v. 12).

(b) Israel will be at peace

The king of the north "shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to those who are at rest, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates" (v. 11). Israel will be at peace. That's precisely the nature of the first three-and-a-half years of the tribulation. The Antichrist will become the protector of Israel by making a pact with them for seven years (Dan. 9:27). The resulting peace will cause Israel to lower its defenses in misplaced reliance on the power of the Antichrist.

(c) Israel will be in its latter days

"In the latter days" (Ezek. 38:16) is an eschatological expression that indicates the events described in Ezekiel 38 will take place during Israel's seventieth week (the Tribulation).

(d) Israel's enemy will be far north

Ezekiel 38:2 says, "Son of man, set thy face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. " Meshech and Tubal are the names of ancient peoples who lived in northern Mesopotamia and the Caucasus region of modern Russia. The people of the northern king are described as "Gomer, and all its hordes; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters . . . from the north parts" (Ezek. 38:6; 39:2). The Hebrew word translated "north" in those verses refers to the far north. The only country far north of Israel is Russia.

According to Ezekiel 38:5 when Russia attacks it will be joined by Persia (Iran) , Cush (Ethiopia) , and Put (Libya) --representatives of an Arab alliance that will chafe under the power of the Antichrist and the western alliance. They will unite with Russia and attack his interests in the Middle East.
b) The chariots (v. 40c)

"[The king of the north will attack] with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships. "

The king of the north will attack with the modern counterparts of chariots, horsemen, and ships--everything they've got. But according to Ezekiel 39 God will give victory to the Antichrist. Apparently five-sixths of the Russian army will be destroyed by supernatural intervention (vv. 2-5). Thus the Antichrist will win not by his own power but because God will exercise His power.

c) The conquest (vv. 40d-43)
(1) Of north and south (v. 40d)

"[The Antichrist] shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass through. "

The Antichrist will decimate the forces of Russia and those confederated with it. Only one-sixth of the northern army will survive to retreat back to its land. This is history--though it hasn't happened yet, it will.

(2) Of the Arab states (v. 41)

"He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown, but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon. "

After defeating the kings of the south and the north (the African army, the Russian army, and the Arab allies of Russia) , the Antichrist will enter into Israel ("the glorious land"). He may wonder how he won since Ezekiel 38-39 indicates it's divine intervention that will destroy the northern and southern armies. After entering Israel the Antichrist's forces will devastate the southern territory (v. 42). But verse 41 indicates that Edom, Moab, and Ammon (to the southeast of Israel) will escape his depredations. That's because He will be busy to the southwest with the African army. He won't be concerned about the southeast because it is of minimal strategic value, being mostly desert. The angel's revelation to Daniel concerning the future was remarkably specific.

(3) Of the Africans (vv. 42-43)

"He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries, and the land of Egypt shall not escape. But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt; and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps. "

The Antichrist will destroy both the Russian army and its Arab allies from the north, as well as the African army from the south. By those conquests he will become the master of the world. He will thus pass the first great test of his ability to subdue revolution. It's at this time that he will truly begin to sense his power. He will destroy the false church and begin to persecute Israel. He'll call for the whole world to worship him and abolish all other religions. He'll set himself up as God, tolerating no other authority and ruling in absolute supremacy. All the allies of Russia will be "at his steps" (v. 43; lit. , "in his train") , meaning they will follow him subserviently.
d) The cataclysm (v. 44)

"But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him; therefore, he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to sweep away many. "

At this point in the tribulation the events described in Revelation 6-18 begin to unfold. God will pour out His wrath: the seven seals will be opened, the seven trumpets blown, and the seven bowls poured out. His wrath will engulf the earth while the Antichrist reigns as God.

The one-sixth of the Russian army that God spared from destruction will regroup for a second attack on the Antichrist. The "tidings out of the east" (Dan. 11:44) are explained in Revelation 9:13-16: at the blowing of the sixth trumpet the apostle John "heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, Loose the four angels who are bound in the great River, Euphrates. And the four angels were loosed, who were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, to slay the third part of men. And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand. "

That passage describes an army that will come from the east of Israel. It may be a demonic host or it may be a human army, perhaps from communist China. Back in the May 22, 1965 edition of Time magazine (p. 35) it was reported that the Chinese standing militia numbers over 200 million--an army that has been ready for a long time and ironically knows little of the book of Revelation. The eastern army will move toward Israel desiring to gain control over the Middle East and throw off the rule of the Antichrist.

According to Daniel 11:44 the Antichrist will triumph again in a second great battle. That's not surprising because he will have Satan and hell on his side helping him.
e) The climax (v. 45a)

"He [the Antichrist] shall plant the tabernacle of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain. "

Mount Zion lies between the Mediterranean and Dead seas. In the Temple of Jerusalem the Antichrist will set up his base of operations and declare himself God. That will occur near the end of the tribulation. Israel will lie devastated as a result of war and persecution. Two thirds of the people of Israel will be killed (Zech. 13:8). But that is not the way history ends.
f) The condemnation (v. 45b)

"He shall come to his end, and none shall help him. "

Just when he seems invincible the Antichrist will come to his end. When he thinks he has won the Battle of Armageddon the Lord Jesus Christ will descend with a sword from the sky and slay him (Rev. 19:11-21; 2 Thess. 2:8). The Antichrist will be no match for God's true King.

Just prior to Christ's return Israel will reach its deepest point of sorrow, suffering, and humiliation. As He comes to their rescue they will look upon Him "whom they have pierced" (Zech. 12:10) , and they will be redeemed. They will already have been evangelized by the 144 thousand Jewish witnesses during the second three-and-a-half years of the tribulation (Rev. 7:4-10). At their lowest point they will finally accept the gospel they have heard.
The Reign of Rebellion, Part 2

Sean Osborne

A Syrian or Hezbollah missile-borne chemical or biological strike (WMD) upon northern Israel (i.e. ancient Ephraim) - just as Isaiah 17 prophesied it to occur. Such as attack occurs at night. By the next morning Damascus is ruins. The nuking of an Arab capital seems to be a likely cause for the sum of the Pslam 83 war to occur. Israel is victorious. Islam is diminished, many Muslim's realize the superiority and power of YHWH over their former false-god "allah." These "inner ring" Arab enemies never again threaten Israel, and is the reason they are not seen in Ezekiel 38/39 or afterwards.

I believe Isaiah 17 and Psalm 83 are elements of the same war, and both occur prior to and set the stage for the events described in Ezekiel 38/39. Israel uses the enemy weapons as fuel for 7 years. Now Israel has no enemies around her. And the conditions described in 1 Kings 5 are the same as when King Solomon was able to build the Temple that King David was not allowed to build.

Therefore, the events described in Ezekiel 38/39 have set the stage to the rise of the Antichrist and his confirming a "covenant among many." Seven years later and the world finds itself in the middle of the Armageddon final showdown.

All of these events occur over the span of a few years. They occur in a sequence. Thay are all pieces of the 'end of the age' puzzle which is becoming less of a puzzle and more of a clear picture every day.