WATCH: U.S. Wrestler Tamyra Mensah-Stock Praises God, America After Winning Gold

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
U.S. wrestler Tamyra Mensah-Stock made history Tuesday, winning gold in the women’s 68-kilogram freestyle final, making her only the second woman — and the first black woman — to win gold for Team U.S.A. in wrestling.

But, as many other U.S. Olympians have been more concerned with protesting against the U.S., Mensah-Stock was just the opposite, gushing in a post-match interview about her family, her team, her flag and country, and her God.

“It’s by the grace of God that I’m able to even move my feet,” an enthused Mensah-Stock said to a network reporter after she took the gold Tuesday. “I just leave it in his hands, and I pray that all the practice, all the hell my freaking coaches put me through, pays off, and every single time it does. And I get better and better. And it’s so weird that there is no cap to the limit that I can do. And I’m excited to see what I have next.”

As she bounced on her feet in excitement, the network reporter asked her about the American flag she had draped around her shoulders. He wondered how it feels to represent the U.S.A. at the Olympics.

The reporter may have been hoping for Mensah-Stock to attack the U.S. like so many other privileged athletes, but if he was, he came away disappointed. Instead, Mensah-Stock was thrilled and to be a proud American.

“It feels amazing,” Mensah-Stock said of competing for her country. “I love representing the U.S.,” she continued as she brought her hands up in the shape of a heart. “I freaking love living there, I love it, and I’m so happy I get to represent U-S-A,” she said.

Mensah-Stock also broke down crying when the reporter noted that he father died when she was in high school. Mensah-Stock said she felt that her father would have been the proudest man in the world with her achievements.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...stock-praises-god-america-after-winning-gold/

The pic of the young lady is worth clicking on the link to see. How blessed she is. May God continue to bless her throughout her life.

JamesSuth

Thank you for sharing @Tall Timbers :thumbup . What a wonderful story. I'm so glad she gave credit to our Lord (that's the most important), and her country (the US that people hate may be rapidly disappearing, but it is something to give thanks for), and that she got the gold. I'm going to see if I can find her match. I've been watching a lot of the Olympics on tv. Here in the UK the BBC have the Olympics tv shows that have interviews and commentary which I tend to avoid because I can guess the agendas they are trying to push, but they also upload lots of unedited footage of the actual games taking place. There is commentary on the action, but that's about it. I've been really enjoying them over the past few days :).