Washington, DC, funeral home shooting leaves 1 dead, 3 wounded; gunman at large

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Shooting happened as funeral for homicide victim ended; victims may have been targeted: police chief
By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

Four people were shot, including one fatally, outside a Washington, D.C., funeral home Tuesday, police said, as the unidentified gunman remains at large. Officers responded to the scene where multiple people were shot outside Stewart Funeral Home in the 4000 block of Benning Road NE, a Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) spokesperson initially confirmed.

Greeting reporters at the scene, MPD Police Chief Robert Contee said investigators believe the people were targeted but don't yet know why. The shooting unfolded while a funeral for a homicide victim killed at the end of March was letting out. Around 12:17 p.m., an officer already in the area in his car by a bus stop called out for the sounds of gunshots.

more............. https://www.foxnews.com/us/multiple-people-shot-near-washington-dc-funeral-home

NewWine2020

Shooting happened as funeral for homicide victim ended; victims may have been targeted: police chief
By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

Four people were shot, including one fatally, outside a Washington, D.C., funeral home Tuesday, police said, as the unidentified gunman remains at large. Officers responded to the scene where multiple people were shot outside Stewart Funeral Home in the 4000 block of Benning Road NE, a Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) spokesperson initially confirmed.

Greeting reporters at the scene, MPD Police Chief Robert Contee said investigators believe the people were targeted but don't yet know why. The shooting unfolded while a funeral for a homicide victim killed at the end of March was letting out. Around 12:17 p.m., an officer already in the area in his car by a bus stop called out for the sounds of gunshots.

more............. https://www.foxnews.com/us/multiple-people-shot-near-washington-dc-funeral-home

I'll say the part out loud that they left out. It was likely gang related. It's very common for drive bye shooting to occur at funerals for persons who were involved in gang culture.

The reason I feel I want to point this out is that, by it's omission of this fact, it simply reinforces the" all guns are bad/spree shooters are everywhere" narrative. These are people who would have had access to firearms with or without a "total ban on guns.."

jab777

We used to go into DC all the time, walk around, bike the paths, visit Georgetown. No more.
DC is just like any other cesspool run by Democrats. Nation’s Capital my foot! I’d love to go see the museums I like and new ones I’ve not seen but you couldn’t pay me to go now. I used to go to see Georgetown basketball games but I won’t go anymore. I read an article where they’ve upped security at the Capital One Center where those games and the ones of the Wizards are played. Nope, nope, noppity nope. Not going. I went to college at Georgetown University but I’m uneasy about going there even.

Last edited:

lismore

This world has lost its mind in the end time days :diablo is doing his best to stir :stirpot up havoc. It is getting to where people are not safe anywhere.
You're right! Everything is heating up the closer we get to the rapture, people are driven by darkness and are going nuts. I was speaking to my uncle this evening, in Scotland when he was young he said that murders were so unusual they created a huge stir. Tonight on the news, two murders locally! The signs of the times are all round us. God Bless You :)

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
You're right! Everything is heating up the closer we get to the rapture, people are driven by darkness and are going nuts. I was speaking to my uncle this evening, in Scotland when he was young he said that murders were so unusual they created a huge stir. Tonight on the news, two murders locally! The signs of the times are all round us. God Bless You :)
I have never seen this world as bad as it is now. We live in perilous times so much violence, and even the church has fallen away from the word :bible of God. They are supporting the gay agenda, and some shall depart from the :cry faith given heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons.

TrustinHim

People who have no moral self control must be ruled with an iron fist, which is coming upon the whole world according to the design of the evil one. The enemy seeks total control and his minions go forth doing wicked things destroying peace and causing a clamoring for more restrictions on freedoms.

Baby Yoda

Watchman
Gun violence in D. C is a daily thing.
When we use to visit my SiL who lived in Alexandria we'd always bring our weapons.
Even though guns were illegal in the DC limits at that time, no one told the thugs that. I'll pay the fine and live.

So true. Years ago when GPS was new, our unit took us into a bad part of DC and left us at a dead end -- the road had been barricaded and you could see the other side, just couldn't get to it. An elderly AA man approached us and said to follow him, he'd lead us back to the right road, it was not safe for us to be there. Guardian angel, it seemed. :sad

mphsmom

When I was in grade school many, many moons ago, it was standard that the 8th grade took a week long trip to D.C. I was so glad when my mother refused to let me go. I didn't want to go then, and I don't want to go now. There are some museums that I would like to see, but with the internet, I can at least get a glimpse of them.

Baby Yoda

Watchman
When I was in grade school many, many moons ago, it was standard that the 8th grade took a week long trip to D.C.

In 6th grade we took a one day Saturday field trip to DC. We were in groups of 4, and we were allowed to roam all over the monuments and museums and just had to be back at the bus a certain time. This was the early 70s and we had a blast. Now you could never let your children do this on their own. Very sad.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
We have a guided tour planned this summer. Hotel in Annapolis, and shuttle bus to DC museums.

If we go anywhere else, it will be some place safe like Arlington or the NRA headquarters...

Many years ago, I was railfanning around Ivy City. Got some great pictures. Traveled to other sites until I saw the bars on the windows .... of an elementary school.
Figured it was time to leave.

Hopefully there will be no protests or rallies during our visit, but so long as you stay on the safe route, you can enjoy the visit.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Yep things just aren't like they were in the late 50's!

:pray:pray:pray
I feel :pray sorry for the children, parents, grandchildren, and great grandchildren that are dealing with this crazy world. It wasn't like this when I grew up in the 60's. It has got to be so evil in the schools. We didn't have school shootings back in my day. It is heartbreaking :pray the violence and perilous times we are living in. They need to stick with the basic subjects instead of promoting the gay agenda. I really :pray :fish is coming back soon.

Last edited:

pur56ple

I have never seen this world as bad as it is now. We live in perilous times so much violence, and even the church has fallen away from the word :bible of God. They are supporting the gay agenda, and some shall depart from the :cry faith given heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons.
It seems to me that everything is moving at an accelerated speed. The love of many has definitely grown cold as ice and I am so glad this world isn't my home, although it does make me sad to see how the US has deteriorated in a short period of time.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
If the original homicide was gang-related, one only needs to determine the relationship of the most recent victims to figure out the motive. If gang-related, there was likely some related gang violence between the first homicide and the funeral. It's all about money, turf, and retaliation :madNever forget that "snitches get stitches," either.

The likely original victim for whom the funeral was being held can be guessed by matching obituaries on the funeral home's website with unsolved homicides on the Washington DC PD website :frown Half expecting a "visit" for clicking on the homicide reward flier link because it's a pdf that downloads automatically [sigh] (already deleted because I obviously have no information).

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, the family of the man killed at the funeral is criticizing police for leaving the funeral too soon after it ended and so not ensuring the safety of the funeral goers.

I've been to gang funerals and burials. They sometimes attract drive-bys and other violence because of the subculture :mad
It's frequent enough that law enforcement often provides security at the funeral, burial, and funeral procession's route of travel.

Follow the money . . . always follow the money :mad

Last edited:
Back