was Judas a Christian?

WaitingForTheTrumpet

Here in Canada, there are only a few different types of Baptists. 1) Independent 2) Convention Baptists (a bit liberal) and 3) Fellowship Baptists (short for the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptists)--the largest group. The latter would be where I hang out. :) Our doctrine would be standard evangelical Baptist--very Bible-oriented, and was compatible with Southern Baptists (until they decided to go a little wacky of late).

Seems that there is something of a parting of the ways between Baptist leaders who are now openly embracing Calvinism (like D.A. Carson) and those younger Baptist leaders who seem to be going in the direction of liberalism. Beth Moore announced last week that she was leaving the SBC and their publishing arm Lifeway Books. She is becoming quite liberal--probably due to the influence of her grown daughter (I forget her name--Melissa?) who thinks the churches should bless marriages between two men or two women! The once-mighty Southern Baptist Convention seems to be fracturing. :frown2
I grew up as a Southern Baptist and stayed that way until our beloved pastor retired and his much loved assistant became our pastor. A few years later, he was usurped by a growing number of closet Calvinist deacons who came out of the closet. They removed the pastor from our church in order to transform our church into a strict Calvinist church with the senior deacon crowning himself as the new pastor and shoved his tyrannical theology on the congregation. Needless to say, 2/3 of the congregation walked out, never to return. I was among those who left. There are no churches left here who preach the Word correctly, if at all. They are false teachers and preachers and I refuse to succumb to their lies. So my church and my fellowship is here on RF and online places like Andy Wood. And I also study alone at home.

Wings Like Eagles

I grew up as a Southern Baptist and stayed that way until our beloved pastor retired and his much loved assistant became our pastor. A few years later, he was usurped by a growing number of closet Calvinist deacons who came out of the closet. They removed the pastor from our church in order to transform our church into a strict Calvinist church with the senior deacon crowning himself as the new pastor and shoved his tyrannical theology on the congregation. Needless to say, 2/3 of the congregation walked out, never to return. I was among those who left. There are no churches left here who preach the Word correctly, if at all. They are false teachers and preachers and I refuse to succumb to their lies. So my church and my fellowship is here on RF and online places like Andy Wood. And I also study alone at home.
I've heard that type of account over and over. We have a friend who was in his church for 45 years--was married there, and had many friends there for many years. The old pastor retired and they got a new young pastor who was preaching false doctrine. Our friend was on the board of deacons and they confronted the pastor. He was intransigent. Half of the board subsequently left. Broken hearts all around. :frown2

WaitingForTheTrumpet

I've heard that type of account over and over.
It's done deliberately as a coup and takeover of a church and all the property and any monetary value of it all. They do it to a multitude of unsuspecting churches rather than start their own. They steal churches right out from under the congregations' noses. Then they steal their joy and try to steal their long-held beliefs and their blessed hope.

Last edited:

Wings Like Eagles

It's done deliberately as a coup and takeover of a church and all the property and any monetary value of it all. They do it to a multitude of unsuspecting churches rather than start their own. They steal churches right out from under the congregations' noses. Then they steal their joy and try to steal their long-held beliefs and their blessed hope.
That is apparently what is going on. We left a couple of churches where the pastors were semi-lunatics in addition to being liberal heretics (maybe the two go together?). The best church experience we have had, has been a house church, but it is difficult to get people interested in going to house churches. Eventually, that is all there will be because of the persecution of believers during the Tribulation. Chinese Christians in the house church movement are constantly harassed and persecuted. It will become world-wide during the Great Tribulation when the Antichrist will employ the "Final Solution". That is why we must redouble our efforts to see as many come into the fold before the Lord comes for us.

Last edited:

WaitingForTheTrumpet

That is apparently what is going on. We left a couple of churches where the pastors were semi-lunatics in addition to being liberal heretics (maybe the two go together?). The best church experience we have had, has been a house church, but it is difficult to get people interested in going to house churches. Eventually, that is all there will be because of the persecution of believers during the Tribulation. Chinese Christians in the house church movement are constantly harassed and persecuted. It will become world-wide during the Great Tribulation when the Antichrist will employ the Final Solution. That is why we must redouble our efforts to see as many come into the fold before the Lord comes for us.
Sad, but true
:(

WaitingForTheTrumpet

If it makes us sad, just imagine how it makes Our Lord feel. Not only sad, but full of righteous wrath. Those who mistreat the Lord's children are storing up wrath for themselves.
Not only did my pastor baptize me, but 24 years later, he baptized my son. Hahaha what's funny is that my son had a black eye when he got baptized. The day before, my son threw a baseball up into the air and tried to catch it. He missed. o_O:lol

Back