Want To Help The Planet? Earth Hour 2023 Is Tonight

TimeWarpWife

Evidently the climate globalists are having their annual worldwide "Earth Hour" tonight from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. tonight. Wherever their fellow climate change believers are they're to turn off all unnecessary lighting from 8:30-9:30 p.m. their local time. The sponsors are the World Wildlife Fund and they claim some of the past and current participants are the Empire State Building, the Eiffel Tower, and the Sydney Opera House. As of last night, more than 380,000 people from 173 countries had signed up to participate in the globalist climate event. https://weather.com/news/climate/news/2023-03-24-earth-hour-2023-when-is-it-what-is-it

I've never heard of this event, but it doesn't seem to be "catching on" when there are only about 380,000 people out of over 8 billion on the planet who are going to cut off their unnecessary lighting to save the planet from climate destruction which will be happening in the next 5, 9, or 11 years ~ depending on which climate lunatic is doing the ranting and raving.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Evidently the climate globalists are having their annual worldwide "Earth Hour" tonight from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. tonight. Wherever their fellow climate change believers are they're to turn off all unnecessary lighting from 8:30-9:30 p.m. their local time. The sponsors are the World Wildlife Fund and they claim some of the past and current participants are the Empire State Building, the Eiffel Tower, and the Sydney Opera House. As of last night, more than 380,000 people from 173 countries had signed up to participate in the globalist climate event. https://weather.com/news/climate/news/2023-03-24-earth-hour-2023-when-is-it-what-is-it

I've never heard of this event, but it doesn't seem to be "catching on" when there are only about 380,000 people out of over 8 billion on the planet who are going to cut off their unnecessary lighting to save the planet from climate destruction which will be happening in the next 5, 9, or 11 years ~ depending on which climate lunatic is doing the ranting and raving.

Most of us already don't leave unnecessary lighting on because of $$$

So the climate change people wasted a bunch of energy advertising and having their sign-up for what people already do :doh

athenasius

oops I missed it.

I get a little grumpy when I'm in the mall or a shopping centre when they announce it and dim the lights to be all greenie and virtue signalling. This year I was home so I missed it.

I usually celebrate by going out of my way to do the opposite of what they want even if the rest of the year I behave otherwise because I am frugal and don't like to waste stuff that costs money or get up close and personal with toxic chemicals.

Margery Urgent To Do List:

Anything that would aggravate an environmentalist and cause weeping wailing and gnashing of teeth in Greta Thunberg and her pals

Crumple up foil and toss it out.

Drive somewhere aimlessly for no good reason.

Turn up the thermostat and open all the windows. Give the furnace a run for the money.

What did I miss?

Maybe I can go throw out some toxic waste except I haven't currently got any. Wait a minute, I could toss some old batteries (oh bother, George already took them to the toxic waste disposal).

MapleLeaf

Oh darn....missed it again.
Most of us already don't leave unnecessary lighting on because of $$$

So the climate change people wasted a bunch of energy advertising and having their sign-up for what people already do :doh
Feel like I'm the only person running around the house turning out lights after people or turning off the baseboard for rooms no one is in. My dad was nuts for it too so I guess he passed that trait on. Though I leave a small string of Christmas lights on 24/7 hanging on my china cabinet. It feels comforting to have a pale light on at night in a common room. I used to leave on the stove hood light. And during the day the colour is just so pretty and joyful.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
On the plus side, it would greatly improve the night sky view of the stars if all the lights were turned off. (Of course we need no cloud cover too.)

On the other side, there is a whole city doin this right now following a tornado visit, not to mention much of Ukraine.

It'd be nice if these million dollar entities donated food to the needy and left their advertising lights off permanently.

NewWine2020

Humans are not the cause of climate change but we should still be doing our level best to look after the planet and solve pollution.

Dominion does not mean destruction. We're supposed to be looking after it.

God gave humanity a gorgeous planet and we trashed it. :(

Agreed, even though I made a little bit of fun in my own reply...I think what normal people of moderate means like myself resent is the never-ending" virtue signaling" ...often coming from the same entities which are actively engaged in ravaging the environment in the name of maximum $$$ rather than being Godly stewards of it.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
oops I missed it.

I get a little grumpy when I'm in the mall or a shopping centre when they announce it and dim the lights to be all greenie and virtue signalling. This year I was home so I missed it.

I usually celebrate by going out of my way to do the opposite of what they want even if the rest of the year I behave otherwise because I am frugal and don't like to waste stuff that costs money or get up close and personal with toxic chemicals.

Margery Urgent To Do List:

Anything that would aggravate an environmentalist and cause weeping wailing and gnashing of teeth in Greta Thunberg and her pals

Crumple up foil and toss it out.

Drive somewhere aimlessly for no good reason.

Turn up the thermostat and open all the windows. Give the furnace a run for the money.

What did I miss?

Maybe I can go throw out some toxic waste except I haven't currently got any. Wait a minute, I could toss some old batteries (oh bother, George already took them to the toxic waste disposal).

Think I'll go light a fire in the wood-burning fireplace and turn on the AC on max cold.

If I could get to the charc (still far too much snow in the way on the deck), I'd charc some baby back ribs

Still too much snow to get the outdoor lit up Nativity taken down, too :lol

Not going to drive around because the Prius acts like a mobile air cleaner :smile

Back