Walmart

Jaybird

Are those "people of Walmart" photos legit or they just random people they get to pose as customers in there ?

Some of the things people wear to those stores beggars belief if it is true !!!!
You might be on to something. I have never seen those crazily dressed people in the Walmarts I have frequented, but who knows for sure? We live in a bizarre time.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Are those "people of Walmart" photos legit or they just random people they get to pose as customers in there ?

Some of the things people wear to those stores beggars belief if it is true !!!!
I have never seen people dressed like that at Wally. However, it's common to see women dressed in pajamas out in public....I am talking straight up bed time pjs...with Tweety Bird and Looney Tunes logos. I even saw a young woman in a night gown and bedroom shoes out shopping.

Wally

Do You Believe ?
I have no affiliation with Sam Walton's retail operations.

As for Walmess it seems to be totally depend upon management and clientele.
Poor management = poor store, trashed morale, and easy pickins for the thief and careless types. And some locations are in the thick of societies' squalor and reflect such.

Other stores are very pleasant to shop in. Palmyra [nice] vs Lebanon [dumpish] is a good example.

pixelpusher

Same story here, we have a reasonably neat WallyWorld a couple miles away whereas the one across town is a disaster. They may have cleaned it up by now, I haven't been over there in 10 years or longer.

I've seen people wearing absolutely crazy clothes in WM, like shirts that said "BIDEN/HARRIS" and other epithets. Many wear clothes paying homage to the Greek goddess "Nike". Thankfully, the guys with jeans sagging to their knees days seem to be ending, not sure if that was worse or the morbidly obese wearing yoga pants. Eek.

TimeWarpWife

Both of our Walmarts are clean, however, the one closest to me in 4 out of the last 5 times something was supposed to be "shipped" to me, but ended up being delivered from the store, it didn't get delivered. If Walmart makes the decision to deliver items from the local store instead of using FedEx, the driver doesn't get a tip and the customer can't be charged for the delivery fees. Since they hire Uber drivers for delivery, my guess is that because they weren't going to make any tip, they just refuse to make the delivery. If you pay to have the store deliver your items, which includes delivery fees plus the mandatory at least $7 tip, most of the time they'll deliver it. But it's so expensive, adding about $20 to the order that I rarely use it. Although last summer when I was getting a free trial of the Walmart+ and only having to pay the tip, one of the drivers decided the minimum $7 tip on my very small order wasn't big enough and he refused to make the delivery ~ according to Walmart customer service. Because the Uber drivers aren't Walmart employees, the customer rep said there was nothing they could do about the driver refusing to make the delivery. She told me they'd try again the next day to get it delivered. I told her to cancel the order, and I didn't renew when the free trial was over. Now, I make absolutely sure when I order something that's supposed to be "shipped" that it's actually being delivered by FedEx and not the Walmart store.

Last edited: