VPS move

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Folks,
I had posted a thread this morning or last night about the move to a VPS server and that thread has disappeared, because they moved the site earlier today and we just changed the A name records for the site. The domain name servers did not need to be changed, so it made the process a lot faster. I have confirmed that we are now resolving to the new VPS IP address and account now.

I have also noticed that the website is loading much faster and I am so far pleased with the way this has gone. This was not a 24-48 hour nightmare that the beginning of last week was. So, we should be set and God willing we will not have to move account anymore.

This VPS server allows us to grow and add more services and power to the site as we need it. So, I expect things will be much smoother from here on out. I will warn you that we did lose some posts from this afternoon and early evening. So, please feel free to re-add them. We should not have anymore issues with lost posts.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's patience as we moved again.

God bless.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
We are still having some performance issues. I noticed the site was down 2 times on Saturday. I did not see a down time Sunday, but the forums went down for a minute or two about an hour ago. I'm still working with the web host to try to find the right settings for us. I will keep working with them and hopefully we will get these issues worked out soon. They are driving me nuts.

Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Good grief. I had 3 more out of memory error messages yesterday evening and now here we are again very early Sunday morning. I've sent the error emails to the host and I apologize for the system crash and downtime. We are adding resources until we find the right balance. :pray

Back