Vladimir Putin: The Romans One Effect

Wings Like Eagles

Are you saying you don't have a private jet, or are you keeping mum about your private jet? :hehee
My favorite thing in that vein, is Creflo Dollar (imagine a more appropriate name!) making an appeal to his listeners for iirc $70 million to buy a new private jet (he already had one but it was apparently too small). When asked why he couldn't fly a regular commercial jet, he claimed that the people on them were so evil that it would be equivalent to "flying in a tube of demons". Don't know whether to :poundor :sob

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
My favorite thing in that vein, is Creflo Dollar (imagine a more appropriate name!) making an appeal to his listeners for iirc $70 million to buy a new private jet (he already had one but it was apparently too small). When asked why he couldn't fly a regular commercial jet, he claimed that the people on them were so evil that it would be equivalent to "flying in a tube of demons". Don't know whether to :poundor :sob

Do you know if he got his 2nd jet?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Really? I haven't really noticed that. I mean, most posts are very anti-Russian invasion, and anti-Putin, but I wasn't getting the impression that people were generally against Russian people or culture.

We, for the most part, believe Ezek 38 refers to Russia as the big bad, and so expect the leadership to do things opposed to Israel and God (and I, for one, watch with interest to see how current events could grow into the circumstances that the Bible describes). But I don't harbor hatred ot fear of the Russian people and don't believe others here do either.

Agreed. There has been no "Russophobia" here on Rapture Forums. But there has been anti-Russian invasion and anti-Putin and his military goons. But that is it. We don't hate or bad mouth the Russian people. Sadly, they don't have any control over "mad" Vlad. Russia is a dictatorship and sadly the Russian people will suffer under his terrible leadership.

We will continue to speak out against this unprovoked and criminal invasion of Ukraine by Putin and his goons. :nod

athenasius

I don't put much stock in the things we read about putin acting differently... I've come to believe that almost everything that hits the newswire is false, misleading, and purposely so. Putin may be a deranged lunatic with Gog calling the shots, or he might just be your typical despot who wants to enlarge his realm.

In any case, this foray into Ukraine, if nothing else, should help Russia learn what they actually need to mount a large military operation against another country (I'm specifically thinking Israel). Maybe Putin and his generals will learn that logistics is somewhat important in any military operation. Perhaps Russia and its coalition will be better prepared when they invade Israel, and will pose a serious threat to God's people. Of course, we already know how that one ends so it doesn't matter how well prepared they are.

I suspect that putin didn't expect this much opposition from the western nations who are led by weak-kneed wantabe despots. What I believe is that the west's reaction to Russia's move on Ukraine, like everything else, is calculated to advance their one world agenda.
That's my take too.

Media talking heads on TV like to spout off about madness and lunatic stuff with anyone they don't understand or agree with. It's why the tropes about Trump were so effective. All the MSM were spouting off about how crazy Trump and his voter base were. They couldn't or wouldn't even begin to try to understand where Trump was coming from and why people voted for him, so it was just so nice and handy to use the crazy card.

Once the media decides the reason someone does something is because they are crazy, then they can ignore them and their message.

Unfortunately the media does it with really evil people like Islamic Terrorists. They must be crazy because nobody could possibly go on those regular killing sprees because of that peaceful holy book called the koran. Once the media decide they are crazy everyone sighs with relief and hopes that the terrorist is happily medicated and we can all go back to "normal".

They seem to be applying that same circular logic with Putin. Evil doesn't exist anymore. It's all lumped in under crazy. Once we see Putin as crazy, it makes everything seem sensible again.

What is truly crazy is how Putin's rise to power has been ignored in the west, especially in the Western media. Even as he systematically murdered the journalists who opposed him, or Bill Browder's lawyer who had the goods on Putin and got murdered for it, it's all ok because Putin is able to turn on the charm.

Putin has been after the Ukraine ever since the USSR dissolved along with every other escapee from the asylum formerly called the USSR.

When he actually follows thru on his plans (and this has been obvious since several years before he took Crimea) then suddenly the media pulls out the crazy card.

He isn't crazy, he is evil and like most evil things he can present a most charming face when it suits him. But he is still the same Putin, only now he's showing the other side more publicly-- the truly evil, the liar, the murderer, and the power hungry man staying on top of the heap with a pile of oligarchs who are loyal or dead.

glc11

That's my take too.

Media talking heads on TV like to spout off about madness and lunatic stuff with anyone they don't understand or agree with. It's why the tropes about Trump were so effective. All the MSM were spouting off about how crazy Trump and his voter base were. They couldn't or wouldn't even begin to try to understand where Trump was coming from and why people voted for him, so it was just so nice and handy to use the crazy card.

Once the media decides the reason someone does something is because they are crazy, then they can ignore them and their message.

Unfortunately the media does it with really evil people like Islamic Terrorists. They must be crazy because nobody could possibly go on those regular killing sprees because of that peaceful holy book called the koran. Once the media decide they are crazy everyone sighs with relief and hopes that the terrorist is happily medicated and we can all go back to "normal".

They seem to be applying that same circular logic with Putin. Evil doesn't exist anymore. It's all lumped in under crazy. Once we see Putin as crazy, it makes everything seem sensible again.

What is truly crazy is how Putin's rise to power has been ignored in the west, especially in the Western media. Even as he systematically murdered the journalists who opposed him, or Bill Browder's lawyer who had the goods on Putin and got murdered for it, it's all ok because Putin is able to turn on the charm.

Putin has been after the Ukraine ever since the USSR dissolved along with every other escapee from the asylum formerly called the USSR.

When he actually follows thru on his plans (and this has been obvious since several years before he took Crimea) then suddenly the media pulls out the crazy card.

He isn't crazy, he is evil and like most evil things he can present a most charming face when it suits him. But he is still the same Putin, only now he's showing the other side more publicly-- the truly evil, the liar, the murderer, and the power hungry man staying on top of the heap with a pile of oligarchs who are loyal or dead.
No matter what channel you put on right now, conservative or liberal, they are all singing the same tune:

-Putin has gone crazy, not acting normal, isolated, losing his mind,

-Zelensky = Hero, Hero , Hero

When they all go this overboard and in agreement, I find myself going “hmmm? This is weird “

The media (all of them) have totally lost my faith and trust. These past 2 years have been very revealing of the power of propaganda. (Mass formation psychosis)

Epieikes

I'd always heard of him, but I'm glad I didn't wreck on Monday when I unexpectedly drove by his church while looking for "least indecent" gas prices in Hotlanta...

Amethyst

Angie ... †
No matter what channel you put on right now, conservative or liberal, they are all singing the same tune:

-Putin has gone crazy, not acting normal, isolated, losing his mind,

-Zelensky = Hero, Hero , Hero

When they all go this overboard and in agreement, I find myself going “hmmm? This is weird “

The media (all of them) have totally lost my faith and trust. These past 2 years have been very revealing of the power of propaganda. (Mass formation psychosis)
Amen sis

JStar

Vladimir Putin: The Romans One Effect
By Hal Lindsey

Vladimir Putin lies. He looks his opponent straight in the face and lies. He’s good at it. He says that he must invade Ukraine because NATO refuses to rule out the possibility of one day admitting Ukraine. But he knows that no one joins NATO without the unanimous consent of all existing members. He knows that France and Germany flatly refuse to allow Ukraine to join, and several others have expressed strong reservations. He knows that there is no immediate possibility of Ukraine joining NATO.

Some suggest appeasement. They say NATO should have gone against its own bylaws and officially announced that it would never admit Ukraine. But when someone uses a pretext as an excuse, removing the pretext only means the creation of another excuse. For instance, there is Putin’s silly lie that with over 150,000 Russian troops on its doorstep, Ukraine decided to begin a series of atrocities against Russians living in Ukraine. When someone is willing to lie that boldly, he can always concoct a new pretext.

Others have said that what happens in Ukraine should not concern Americans. These people either do not personally visit gas stations, or they don’t understand the recent jump in fuel prices. Over the next weeks and months, the connection will probably be made plain to everyone who drives a car, heats a home, or pays an electric bill.

But Putin’s actions in Ukraine are much bigger than a series of price increases. They threaten your savings, investments, and livelihood. More than that, they endanger your life and the lives of those you love. Russia may have the most advanced cyber-attack teams in the world. Such attacks threaten electricity, water, and food. Russia also holds the world’s largest nuclear arsenal. And Putin’s threats to use it, suddenly seem credible.

A few days ago, New York Magazine ran a headline that asked publicly what people have been asking privately for months. “Is Putin Sane?” The New York Times recently noted that Putin “has fundamentally changed amid the pandemic.” They say the shift seems to have “left him more paranoid, more aggrieved, and more reckless.” People who speak with him regularly, including the President of Finland, say that he is not the same man.

What happened? Romans One happened. Putin suppressed the truth in unrighteousness (verse 18). He exchanged the truth of God for a lie (verse 25). He did not see fit to acknowledge God (verse 28). Therefore, God gave him over to a depraved mind (verse 28). A “depraved mind” — or as the King James Version says, “a reprobate mind” — means in part, a mind that can no longer think in its own best interest.

The Romans One effect is not confined to Putin. The things that brought on his change are widespread among most of the world’s leaders — and not just political leaders, but also leaders in entertainment, education, religion, and business.

How does a nation survive in such a world? Through virtue and strength (Proverbs 14:34), remembering that corruption begets weakness, and weakness invites aggression.

How do individuals survive in such a world? By turning to God the Father through Jesus Christ. We don’t have to be alone. We can walk hand in hand with the God who brought the universe into existence with the power of His word.

These times prove again the reliability of the Bible. We were never promised that life during end-time events would be easy. But the same God who told us about these things thousands of years in advance, also promises to keep and protect those who have placed themselves in His hands.

Remember the wisdom of 1 Peter 5:7. “Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.”

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/vladimir-putin-the-romans-one-effect/
Amen

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Pretty sure you don't post here anymore , but for others knowledge, it wasn't Creflo that said that.
It was Kenneth Copeland.

bigmoose

A child of the King
I don't put much stock in the things we read about putin acting differently... I've come to believe that almost everything that hits the newswire is false, misleading, and purposely so. ...

I suspect that putin didn't expect this much opposition from the western nations who are led by weak-kneed wantabe despots. What I believe is that the west's reaction to Russia's move on Ukraine, like everything else, is calculated to advance their one world agenda.
I also believe that Putin expected more from his military, as in capture of Kiev in less than a week. The corruption, and lack of readiness caught him off guard. That said, I believe there will be a new, blitzkrieg offensive against Kiev within the next 30 days.

Back