Vladimir Putin: The Romans One Effect

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Vladimir Putin: The Romans One Effect
By Hal Lindsey

Vladimir Putin lies. He looks his opponent straight in the face and lies. He’s good at it. He says that he must invade Ukraine because NATO refuses to rule out the possibility of one day admitting Ukraine. But he knows that no one joins NATO without the unanimous consent of all existing members. He knows that France and Germany flatly refuse to allow Ukraine to join, and several others have expressed strong reservations. He knows that there is no immediate possibility of Ukraine joining NATO.

Some suggest appeasement. They say NATO should have gone against its own bylaws and officially announced that it would never admit Ukraine. But when someone uses a pretext as an excuse, removing the pretext only means the creation of another excuse. For instance, there is Putin’s silly lie that with over 150,000 Russian troops on its doorstep, Ukraine decided to begin a series of atrocities against Russians living in Ukraine. When someone is willing to lie that boldly, he can always concoct a new pretext.

Others have said that what happens in Ukraine should not concern Americans. These people either do not personally visit gas stations, or they don’t understand the recent jump in fuel prices. Over the next weeks and months, the connection will probably be made plain to everyone who drives a car, heats a home, or pays an electric bill.

But Putin’s actions in Ukraine are much bigger than a series of price increases. They threaten your savings, investments, and livelihood. More than that, they endanger your life and the lives of those you love. Russia may have the most advanced cyber-attack teams in the world. Such attacks threaten electricity, water, and food. Russia also holds the world’s largest nuclear arsenal. And Putin’s threats to use it, suddenly seem credible.

A few days ago, New York Magazine ran a headline that asked publicly what people have been asking privately for months. “Is Putin Sane?” The New York Times recently noted that Putin “has fundamentally changed amid the pandemic.” They say the shift seems to have “left him more paranoid, more aggrieved, and more reckless.” People who speak with him regularly, including the President of Finland, say that he is not the same man.

What happened? Romans One happened. Putin suppressed the truth in unrighteousness (verse 18). He exchanged the truth of God for a lie (verse 25). He did not see fit to acknowledge God (verse 28). Therefore, God gave him over to a depraved mind (verse 28). A “depraved mind” — or as the King James Version says, “a reprobate mind” — means in part, a mind that can no longer think in its own best interest.

The Romans One effect is not confined to Putin. The things that brought on his change are widespread among most of the world’s leaders — and not just political leaders, but also leaders in entertainment, education, religion, and business.

How does a nation survive in such a world? Through virtue and strength (Proverbs 14:34), remembering that corruption begets weakness, and weakness invites aggression.

How do individuals survive in such a world? By turning to God the Father through Jesus Christ. We don’t have to be alone. We can walk hand in hand with the God who brought the universe into existence with the power of His word.

These times prove again the reliability of the Bible. We were never promised that life during end-time events would be easy. But the same God who told us about these things thousands of years in advance, also promises to keep and protect those who have placed themselves in His hands.

Remember the wisdom of 1 Peter 5:7. “Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.”

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/vladimir-putin-the-romans-one-effect/

SkyRider

It would seem that multiple hooks in jaws would be required to bring in hordes from areas as far away as Libya, Ethiopia, Iran and the extreme north. Sure Putin would covet control of energy resources that Israel has, but what about the others? There has to be something else that drags in the others to attack the Jewish State. A false flag event perhaps? Like the destruction of Damascus? I just re-read Isiah 17 and I don't see where specifically that Israel causes that. It has been assumed that they are responsible but could it be that Russia, Iran or someone else actually destroys the city but in a way that makes Israel looks responsible? Russia has their nuclear forces on high alert already and maybe Gog will force Putin to act in a totally different and unexpected way than anyone considers.

I would think that if a nuclear device will be used in Syria as most assume in Isiaih's prophecy, that the eventual invading force coming into Israel will have to circumnavigate that city and outlying areas to avoid any fallout and contamination. Just a thought.

Rocky R.

Putin does seem like an entirely different person lately. With all of the financial sanctions, the crumbling of the Russian stock market and the fall of the ruble against the dollar, we can very clearly see now why Gog needs the spoil.
What if Putin is either demonically-inspired or demon-possessed? I think of that Phil Collins song, "Both Sides of the Story" where it says:

Here we are all gathered
In what seems to be the center of the storm
Neighbors once friendly now stand each side
Over a line that has been drawn
They've been fighting here for years
But now there's killing on the streets
While small coffins are lined up sadly
Now united in defeat...

Sounds like a summary of this new Slavic war. Why Phil Collins? For starters, Putin looks like him. Secondly, Russia and Ukraine are neighbor states to each other. They've been in animosity for years, but now there's killing on the streets. The little children are this wars' biggest victims.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I don't put much stock in the things we read about putin acting differently... I've come to believe that almost everything that hits the newswire is false, misleading, and purposely so. Putin may be a deranged lunatic with Gog calling the shots, or he might just be your typical despot who wants to enlarge his realm.

In any case, this foray into Ukraine, if nothing else, should help Russia learn what they actually need to mount a large military operation against another country (I'm specifically thinking Israel). Maybe Putin and his generals will learn that logistics is somewhat important in any military operation. Perhaps Russia and its coalition will be better prepared when they invade Israel, and will pose a serious threat to God's people. Of course, we already know how that one ends so it doesn't matter how well prepared they are.

I suspect that putin didn't expect this much opposition from the western nations who are led by weak-kneed wantabe despots. What I believe is that the west's reaction to Russia's move on Ukraine, like everything else, is calculated to advance their one world agenda.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
I don't put much stock in the things we read about putin acting differently... I've come to believe that almost everything that hits the newswire is false, misleading, and purposely so. Putin may be a deranged lunatic with Gog calling the shots, or he might just be your typical despot who wants to enlarge his realm.

In any case, this foray into Ukraine, if nothing else, should help Russia learn what they actually need to mount a large military operation against another country (I'm specifically thinking Israel). Maybe Putin and his generals will learn that logistics is somewhat important in any military operation. Perhaps Russia and its coalition will be better prepared when they invade Israel, and will pose a serious threat to God's people. Of course, we already know how that one ends so it doesn't matter how well prepared they are.

I suspect that putin didn't expect this much opposition from the western nations who are led by weak-kneed wantabe despots. What I believe is that the west's reaction to Russia's move on Ukraine, like everything else, is calculated to advance their one world agenda.
You and I are on the same page!!
It’s a little confusing for me seeing everyone falling for all these various different “news” reports. :scratch
Have we learned nothing of the propaganda in our own country?
All the reports coming out of these places should be taken with huge pile of salt

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
You and I are on the same page!!
It’s a little confusing for me seeing everyone falling for all these various different “news” reports. :scratch
Have we learned nothing of the propaganda in our own country?
All the reports coming out of these places should be taken with huge pile of salt

It's a huge step to understand that very little of what we're being fed has little or no truth in it. When there is some truth mixed in, how do we recognize it? Even when news sources tried to tell the truth it was through the eyes of the reporter so it always had bias. Way back when I was a sheriff's deputy and I'd read an article or see a news segment covering something I'd been on the ground for and involved in I almost could never recognize what happened from my experience when reading or hearing the news report about the incident. It was as if I was never there. Now that the mainstream news media has become a puppet of the movement towards globalism, they're like the Pravda we used to be told about. It's all fake news, from the headline to the content.

Even as Believers with our eyes open to this reality we can still be propagandized by the lies because we keep hearing the same stuff over and over. I've read posts here that say: A lot of people or a lot of sources are saying thus and so... does that make it so? No, it doesn't, but the constant exposure seeps into our brain and can affect our own thinking... that's the whole point of the non-stop propaganda. So even we who aren't woke, but are awake, can be affected by the constant lies and I see evidence of that everyday within our RF posts on world events.

You're right, it's not enough to take what we hear now with a grain of salt, we should take it with a huge pile of salt...

glc11

Agree with all of this. There is a ton of media hype about Putin’s changed state of mind.

glc11

It's a huge step to understand that very little of what we're being fed has little or no truth in it. When there is some truth mixed in, how do we recognize it? Even when news sources tried to tell the truth it was through the eyes of the reporter so it always had bias. Way back when I was a sheriff's deputy and I'd read an article or see a news segment covering something I'd been on the ground for and involved in I almost could never recognize what happened from my experience when reading or hearing the news report about the incident. It was as if I was never there. Now that the mainstream news media has become a puppet of the movement towards globalism, they're like the Pravda we used to be told about. It's all fake news, from the headline to the content.

Even as Believers with our eyes open to this reality we can still be propagandized by the lies because we keep hearing the same stuff over and over. I've read posts here that say: A lot of people or a lot of sources are saying thus and so... does that make it so? No, it doesn't, but the constant exposure seeps into our brain and can affect our own thinking... that's the whole point of the non-stop propaganda. So even we who aren't woke, but are awake, can be affected by the constant lies and I see evidence of that everyday within our RF posts on world events.

You're right, it's not enough to take what we hear now with a grain of salt, we should take it with a huge pile of salt...
Indeed! That is why “mass formation psychosis” recently became a hot trending topic to look up. More and more are waking up to the fact that there is a “ton of salt” to weed through.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I keep seeing that same thought repeated by different people.

It's eye opening when some of the conservative radio talk shows take a libertard talking point and play scripts from the different lamestream media sources as well as words from prominent politicians and others. Every day, especially when Donald the Great was in the White House, there'd be something they'd be talking about, and they'd all use essentially the same language, so if you were a person who listens to lamestream media, the message would be drummed into your noggin over and over again. If so many are saying it, it must be true, nes pas?

Amethyst

Angie ... †
It's eye opening when some of the conservative radio talk shows take a libertard talking point and play scripts from the different lamestream media sources as well as words from prominent politicians and others. Every day, especially when Donald the Great was in the White House, there'd be something they'd be talking about, and they'd all use essentially the same language, so if you were a person who listens to lamestream media, the message would be drummed into your noggin over and over again. If so many are saying it, it must be true, nes pas?
Yes it is really frustrating
yes we see the same reports over and over not because it’s true necessarily but because most of the time they’re all getting it from each other!

Hidden

I agree that observations and gut feelings can be misleading. There's just so misleading views out there and must be taken with buckets of salt.

Personally when I watched that pronouncement he made in the early morning of February 24th I had to close YouTube twice or three times. It was chilling and cold. I felt the same way listening to the ramblings of people like AOC for example. That's why I mostly stay within the conservative echo chambers, because you can only swallow so much deception and untruths.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
That's why I mostly stay within the conservative echo chambers, because you can only swallow so much deception.

I avoid most news sources so I don't hear a lot. When driving to town and back I'll listen to talk shows and hear the news when it comes on so I'm at least aware. I'll peak at Breitbart and Townhall headlines... but even the conservative newsites seem to put selling themselves ahead of good and accurate news. Their headlines can be extremely misleading at times... so I don't get a lot of exposure and I like it that way. Right now I occasionally do a search for news on Ukraine. I miss a lot of what's going on out there and am not poorer for it. I manage to hear about important stuff...

Hidden

I avoid most news sources so I don't hear a lot. When driving to town and back I'll listen to talk shows and hear the news when it comes on so I'm at least aware. I'll peak at Breitbart and Townhall headlines... but even the conservative newsites seem to put selling themselves ahead of good and accurate news. Their headlines can be extremely misleading at times... so I don't get a lot of exposure and I like it that way. Right now I occasionally do a search for news on Ukraine. I miss a lot of what's going on out there and am not poorer for it. I manage to hear about important stuff...

You are correct, news has trended towards sensationalism in the last 20 years. You can frame a news in many different ways and most of the time journalists create their headlines based on what is engaging and buzzworthy. It's the dopamine hits that sell news these days. Also, editors choose content that serve the prevailing woke agenda, so you really have to have a good dose of discernment to get what's real. That's why grounding your understanding in the truth of God's Word is of paramount importance. There's nothing wrong with reading the headlines and checking it there's prophetic significance in them. But as Dr. Andy Woods usually says, you have to read the Bible first, and the news second.

Back