Virginia Christian group denied service at restaurant

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
According to the Federalist papers, US Law was based on Christian precepts. Now that Christian precepts are rejected, those laws are rejected as well.

And if you are not in Christ, you are anti-christ. Things kind make sense once you see that. That anti spirit has already been working for a long time.

Now it is bolder and ready to take over.

Mrs. Ann

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia...aurant-safety-concerns-amazingly-hypocritical

The persecution continues. What a sad day in America when Christians are denied service at a restaurant due to staff members requests. Hopefully our market-based economy will react by Americans choosing to eat at other restaurants that don't discriminate, only time will tell. Basically, some of the servers found out the group was Christian based and advocated "for policies based on Biblical principles that enable families to flourish at the state and local level", prompting the wait staff to refuse to serve the group. "Many of our staff are women and/or members of the LGBTQ+ community. All of our staff are people with rights who deserve dignity and a safe work environment. We respect our staff's established rights as humans and strive to create a work environment where they can do their jobs with dignity, comfort and safety."

I struggle to understand how one business can be sued for not providing goods and services to the gay community, yet a gay friendly business can refuse service to non-gay customers.

To be honest, if I had a reservation at an establishment where I thought I wasn't welcome, the last thing I would do would be to go and eat there anyway. I wouldn't trust the quality of the food.

One of the first things you learn in any business is that your income will be decided on how well you treat your customers. The market will determine the future of this restaurant. I would point out to the owners that the gay community is small, representing a very small percentage of the overall population, and to openly state that Christians are not welcome may not be a long-term successful plan. Remember the gay boycott of Chick-Fil-A, they were so busy they ran out of chicken.
What is the name of the restaurant? Where?

DWB

According to the Federalist papers, US Law was based on Christian precepts. Now that Christian precepts are rejected, those laws are rejected as well.

And if you are not in Christ, you are anti-christ. Things kind make sense once you see that. That anti spirit has already been working for a long time.

Now it is bolder and ready to take over.
Excellent point. Since Christianity was the base, and now those base principles are no longer deemed important, then it stands to reason the laws are no longer important either.

Back