Video Posts

TheOvercomers

I'm having trouble posting youtube videos on the forum using the insert video in the GUI, can someone please help?

Thanks.

I shall use this video as a test, so let me give it a shot.

[YOU TUBE VIDEO]6LMb-xCDuck[/YOU TUBE VIDEO]

anath

I Love the Lord
Ummm, let's see, I've only done this a couple of times

[YOU TUBE VIDEO]6LMb-xCDuck?hl=en[/YOU TUBE VIDEO]

Here's what I did. I clicked 'share', then clicked 'embed', then copied and pasted 6LMb-xCDuck?hl=en

iSong6:3

Posting a YouTube video is an art that takes practice. :lol:

See that red microscope-looking thing above when you get a reply screen? Click that or type [YOU TUBE VIDEO and /YOU TUBE VIDEO], but fill in both sets of brackets. (If I did that here it would show as a blank video as it wouldn't recognize a video but the bracketed words would give it its form, if that makes sense.)

In between, put only this from the URL of that video: 6LMb-xCDuck The sequence to be copied will always be after the = and before the rest of the URL.

Doing that, here's the video -

TheOvercomers

Wow, brethren, you make it sound so simple. Let me give it a shot as I edit my first post. Thank you in advance for all your help.
Thank you, thank you... It is simple.

God Bless.

Till next time...Please pray for me as I go on to work now.

iSong6:3

Wow, brethren, you make it sound so simple. Let me give it a shot as I edit my first post. Thank you in advance for all your help.i
Thank you, thank you... It is simple.

God Bless.

Till next time...Please pray for me as I go on to work now.
:pray: :hug

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, never go beyond an "&" or a "=" or a "?" in a You Tube ID. It sounds complicated but isn't really. As my dear sister-in-Christ and fellow mod says, It is an art. But one easily mastered; and, once mastered, it is easily practiced.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE using Tapatalk

Any Minute

Tetelestai !!
Yes, never go beyond an "&" or a "=" or a "?" in a You Tube ID. It sounds complicated but isn't really. As my dear sister-in-Christ and fellow mod says, It is an art. But one easily mastered; and, once mastered, it is easily practiced.

And in my case, once mastered, easily practiced, and then easily forgotten.:doh:
I often hit 'reply' under someone else's posted YouTube to remind myself.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Start thinking, A M. That way you see the correct use of code.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Um, I didn't write "start thinking." That was Swype's interpretation and I didn't see it before it posted! :doh:

Sorry. I don't recall what I intended to say, But it wasn't rude; it was intended to be helpful.

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
[YOU TUBE VIDEO]M4xAADNflTU[/YOU TUBE VIDEO]

Israel : Israeli Housing Minister calls for Third Temple to replace al-Aqsa Mosque (Jan 26, 2014) - YouTube

If you will pull this reply up in "reply to" mode and look at it I think you might figure it out.

On the You Tube video www .youtube. com line there is a bunch of numbers and letters after that, all preceded by an = sign. Copy everything after the = sign (letters and numbers), go into your thread where you want to post, select the red icon from the tool bar that kind of looks like a phone on the bottom row towards the right side.

That will put a You Tube Video wrap into your thread with the "cursor" right between the two parts of the wrap. Do a control V to plop in your video ID that you copied on the You Tube web address, and hit your submit reply button. If that does not work, look at these instructions and try again, this time doing a "preview post" before submitting reply.

You'll catch on pretty soon. You are a smart guy. Probably have already in the time it took me to type this instruction sheet.

Last edited by a moderator:

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Watchman, do you need someone else to help you?

ETA: Can anyone write instructions for Watchman to post from the type of URL he has in his post? Anyone?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
To post a YouTube video you basically take the URL such as this one:

HTML:
http://www.***********/watch?v=M4xAADNflTU
And put the video ID in between the Youtube tags like this:

HTML:
I hope that helps.

The result is this:

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Mary did indeed play a small, insignificant timid role, but then having failed, she discretely called in her big gun and he got the job done!

:whisper: So then Chris, have you forgiven all my transgressions on this forum up to this moment now? Please, say "yes, you silly girl!" or something like that! I really don't want to meet Davy Jones. I've learned your Christian mafia brethren are pretty adept at bypassing outer darkness smilies and just sinking, um, undesirable elements of...um, society.

:praying:

Lynn

Longing for Home
Posting a YouTube video is an art that takes practice. :lol:

See that red microscope-looking thing above when you get a reply screen? Click that or type [YOU TUBE VIDEO and /YOU TUBE VIDEO], but fill in both sets of brackets. (If I did that here it would show as a blank video as it wouldn't recognize a video but the bracketed words would give it its form, if that makes sense.)

In between, put only this from the URL of that video: 6LMb-xCDuck The sequence to be copied will always be after the = and before the rest of the URL.

Doing that, here's the video -

[YOU TUBE VIDEO]?v=XbdeQKLWMh8&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLACB2B5EDB059DC55[/YOU TUBE VIDEO]
Yep! Looking at iSong's post and 'tagging' onto it sure helped. Thanks for the suggestion.