Vegetarianism Has Become an End-Time Religion

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
"I read in the book Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkin that demonic possession is easier done in people who don't eat meat. I wonder if it is true and maybe that is why the Luciferian elites are pushing for vegetarianism."

It would be interesting to hear the author's support of that idea. I can't imagine how/why vegetarianism would make a difference with that... thus it would be nice to see the author's argument.

pixelpusher

How have we missed Daniel 1 in this? Or maybe I just missed it if anyone mentioned.

Among those who were chosen were some from Judah: Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah. 7 The chief official gave them new names: to Daniel, the name Belteshazzar; to Hananiah, Shadrach; to Mishael, Meshach; and to Azariah, Abednego.

8 But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way. 9 Now God had caused the official to show favor and compassion to Daniel, 10 but the official told Daniel, “I am afraid of my lord the king, who has assigned your[c] food and drink. Why should he see you looking worse than the other young men your age? The king would then have my head because of you.”

11 Daniel then said to the guard whom the chief official had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, 12 “Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. 13 Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see.” 14 So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days.

15 At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. 16 So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.

Andy C

Im just thankful we have the freedom in Jesus to eat what we want.

Romans 14

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

ozaprah

Someone posted this on the RF Facebook page. I'm not sure if it is true or not, but it would be interesting to see if Clarence Larkin actually said this in his book. I may have a copy of it somewhere here but I am not inclined to go dig around for it as late as it is tonight. Does anyone know if this is true?

"I read in the book Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkin that demonic possession is easier done in people who don't eat meat. I wonder if it is true and maybe that is why the Luciferian elites are pushing for vegetarianism."

I think that could explain a lot of things. JMHO. :idunno
I would say it's more an association than causation.
Vegans / vegetarians tend to side with the mother earth / Gaia type philosophies (trying to save / restore the planet) which is inherently wrapped up in demonic themes. I don't think there's anything inherent in vegetables that invites demonic possession! A few herbs perhaps...

Being keto/carnivore myself, I also talk to a lot of vegans. Really, eat what you want and keep it your business. The key to health is keeping whatever you are eating as unprocessed as possible.

As an aside, was having this discussion with college age daughter recently. She thought cow burps cause greenhouse gas. I told her if we all became vegan and ate lentils etc then we become the cause of the greenhouse gas! And besides, cows are tasty and you can't eat vegans.

Seriously thought, the cycle of regenerative agriculture involving ruminant animals and the maintenance of the pasture (which is often not arable) is a thing of beauty. To give that up for monocropping would be a terrible mistake.

Andy C

How have we missed Daniel 1 in this? Or maybe I just missed it if anyone mentioned.

Among those who were chosen were some from Judah: Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah. 7 The chief official gave them new names: to Daniel, the name Belteshazzar; to Hananiah, Shadrach; to Mishael, Meshach; and to Azariah, Abednego.

8 But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way. 9 Now God had caused the official to show favor and compassion to Daniel, 10 but the official told Daniel, “I am afraid of my lord the king, who has assigned your[c] food and drink. Why should he see you looking worse than the other young men your age? The king would then have my head because of you.”

11 Daniel then said to the guard whom the chief official had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, 12 “Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. 13 Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see.” 14 So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days.

15 At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. 16 So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.
You did not mention your views on the above, or your conclusions.

Is the above quoted more of a dietary decision made by Daniel, or was it IMO more of him following the ways at that time God wanted him to eat? Daniel did not want to defile himself by following rules by the King, vice his God.

athenasius

I think the interesting point is that this is actually a miracle, because the expected outcome was that the vegetable diet would be less healthy with a worse outcome. That was the expected outcome in the text.

It was yet another demonstration of God acting contrary to the expectations of the chief official and his companions. And God honouring his faithful followers.

Because Daniel and his friends were choosing NOT to violate Kosher laws, they wouldn't eat NON Kosher foods which would be the meats.

In addition they wouldn't drink wine which was normal to avoid stomach problems in that day and age.

They should have been doubled over with cramps and stomach issues from the water. We aren't talking modern sanitary water supplies here, but rather parasite ridden contaminated water supplies that Paul had to caution Timothy about-- drinking a little wine for his stomach's sake. In the ancient world wine was served with the water, to help disinfect it.

The diet of veggies should leave them with less energy and stamina and likely looking unwell, as this doesn't necessarily indicate a completely balanced vegetarian diet as we might have today.

Instead to the surprise of all-- they looked healthier and better nourished.

I know a lot of vegetarians would look at this passage and say "See" but in reality, the opposite is what is being shown. In spite of the water, in spite of a lesser quality diet, Daniel and his companions thrived.

Endangered

I have already admitted to being a protein freak. I prefer burgers over carrots anyday.
I recently discovered the Big King at Burger King. It has over 50 grams of protein. That is a day's supply for an adult.
I still like a bunch of veggies including asparagus and corn. But protein keeps me alive and kicking.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I have already admitted to being a protein freak. I prefer burgers over carrots anyday.
I recently discovered the Big King at Burger King. It has over 50 grams of protein. That is a day's supply for an adult.
I still like a bunch of veggies including asparagus and corn. But protein keeps me alive and kicking.
You and TT would get along well on the Burger Team! He is no wimp when it comes to burgers. Don't forget your peanut butter it has protein too.

Mrs. Ann

I am a vegetarian, but not because it’s a “religion” to me. The reason I don’t eat meat is because my heart is broken at the thought of how these creatures suffer in those slaughterhouses. Born to die. And born to live an absolutely horrid existence before they die.

And when someone points out all the animal sacrifices during the Old Testament times, I point out that at least those animals were probably living normal lives beforehand, not living in the horror of a slaughterhouse.

A cow or a pig or a chicken or a lamb or a calf experiences pain and fear, and wants to live just as much as a dog or cat wants to live. It’s all a matter of perspective.

I was never crazy about meat, but I did like cheeseburgers and meatloaf. Until the day I visited a petting zoo, and a cow came over to the fence and I was petting her, and looking into her sweet face and eyes…and I truly made the connection between what I was eating and the sentient creature I was seeing in front of me. I was never the same after that, and could never eat meat again.

My husband laughs at me. He absolutely loves meat, and thinks I’m ridiculous about it. But God knows my heart, and that’s all that matters.

I don’t mean to offend anyone here. And I normally don’t talk about my being a vegetarian because I know it can cause controversy, and I really don’t want to cause that, especially here. But when I read that article, I had to respond. In my opinion, the article is very shortsighted, and it offended me. I am not vegan, only vegetarian, but I still found this article offensive. I’m going to contact Todd about it, to give my point of view. Not that it will do any good, of course. But at least I’ll feel better…

I never try to change anyone’s mind about eating meat. I know it would not do a bit of good, anyway, so it’s pointless. But if anyone asks why I’m a vegetarian, then I tell them why.
I wouldn't try to change your mind but as a farm wife I'd like to point out ... we are glad to be able to raise our own animals because we know how they were fed and cared for. Also, dairy cows if productive have long lives. We have our kids' 4-H cows out in the pasture still. They are pictured in my avatar. They are mother and daughter, one is now 12 and the other is 10. Also, not all farm animals are raised like this. I know that for sure, too. If someone wants to eat meat I suggest buying locally from a small farm if possible.

Seashell

I am a vegetarian, but not because it’s a “religion” to me. The reason I don’t eat meat is because my heart is broken at the thought of how these creatures suffer in those slaughterhouses. Born to die. And born to live an absolutely horrid existence before they die.

And when someone points out all the animal sacrifices during the Old Testament times, I point out that at least those animals were probably living normal lives beforehand, not living in the horror of a slaughterhouse.

A cow or a pig or a chicken or a lamb or a calf experiences pain and fear, and wants to live just as much as a dog or cat wants to live. It’s all a matter of perspective.

I was never crazy about meat, but I did like cheeseburgers and meatloaf. Until the day I visited a petting zoo, and a cow came over to the fence and I was petting her, and looking into her sweet face and eyes…and I truly made the connection between what I was eating and the sentient creature I was seeing in front of me. I was never the same after that, and could never eat meat again.

My husband laughs at me. He absolutely loves meat, and thinks I’m ridiculous about it. But God knows my heart, and that’s all that matters.

I don’t mean to offend anyone here. And I normally don’t talk about my being a vegetarian because I know it can cause controversy, and I really don’t want to cause that, especially here. But when I read that article, I had to respond. In my opinion, the article is very shortsighted, and it offended me. I am not vegan, only vegetarian, but I still found this article offensive. I’m going to contact Todd about it, to give my point of view. Not that it will do any good, of course. But at least I’ll feel better…

I never try to change anyone’s mind about eating meat. I know it would not do a bit of good, anyway, so it’s pointless. But if anyone asks why I’m a vegetarian, then I tell them why.
I’m not a vegetarian, mostly because my husband is not and I don’t want to cook two different meals. I feel very guilty about the slaughter houses too, so I have chickens and I give them a normal life. My chickens are never in danger of being eaten by humans and I try and protect them as best I can from predators. It’s my little way of giving back to the animal community, I would really like to have a cow but I don’t have the room.