Vegetarianism Has Become an End-Time Religion

Amethyst

Angie ... †
In my opinion, the fact that eating animal flesh did not become a reality until after the fall of mankind when sin entered the world - says it ALL. It was something God NEVER intended…but SIN ushered it in…and one day, Jesus will usher it right back out again…FOREVER…
13Then a voice said to him: “Get up, Peter, kill and eat!”

14“No, Lord!” Peter answered. “I have never eaten anything impured or unclean.”

15The voice spoke to him a second time: “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

God didnt just “pernit” eating all meat but He commanded Peter to do so. He said it’s clean
I don’t think God could be any clearer in that passage.

You are free to not eat meat, but hinting that eating meat is not a good thing or less holy thing to do is to go against Gods word.

And it also undermines your argument of a legitimate dislike of potential animal abuse.

Last edited:

Footsteps

Umbrella Girl was not implying she was more holy, just more sensitive in this area. I believe God slaughtered those animals for their clothing while Adam and Eve looked on so they could see the brutality of the price Jesus had to pay for our redemption. I believe Peter‘s vision was intended to direct him to bring the Gospel to gentiles rather than thinking only Jews could be God’s people.
I don’t know how God will deal with animals during the Millennium or thereafter. But He already has a plan, just like he had a plan for our redemption that sent a shock wave all the way back to Eden.

Footsteps

There are many things that are now a permanent part of human culture that can’t be defined as sin but were not part of the original divine plan. I don’t hear the expression “If you smoke in this life, you’ll smoke in the next” any more but some Pentecostals used the phrase “religiously”. While obviously legalistic, I doubt there was a cigarette machine in Eden.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
There are many things that are now a permanent part of human culture that can’t be defined as sin but were not part of the original divine plan. I don’t hear the expression “If you smoke in this life, you’ll smoke in the next” any more but some Pentecostals used the phrase “religiously”. While obviously legalistic, I doubt there was a cigarette machine in Eden.
There was definitely no cigarette machine in Eden. Have you heard the expression will you be in the smoking or non-smoking section of course pertains to heaven and hell.

Footsteps

I wonder if there were any tobacco plants, or devil weed?
I think so. I can picture Satan puffing on a joint he rolled just before talking with Eve. As a snake he can’t roll a joint or even use the garden’s thimbleberry, velvet leaf, and corn lily as wrapping paper. This punishment had a negative impact during the Covid lockdown by forcing people to fight over expensive man-made toilet paper rather than using the natural alternatives listed above which were common ground cover in Eden. These low-growing plants eliminated the need for pushing a lawn mower in the sweat of thy brow.
The process of elimination is alimentary, my dear Watson.

Jojo4124

In my opinion, the fact that eating animal flesh did not become a reality until after the fall of mankind when sin entered the world - says it ALL. It was something God NEVER intended…but SIN ushered it in…and one day, Jesus will usher it right back out again…FOREVER…
Same thing for clothing wearing tho....an animal was killed to make clothes after the fall as well...

...not tryin to be snarkey...sending you love!! Remember it is ONLY what your Daddy, Abba, thinks of you that matters!! You are a child of Royalty!!! I think disagreements can just help us all have empathy for others, a chance to grow, and an opportunity to debate and still come away as friends. Unfortunately real true debate doesnt exist in society...most ppl get angry n want to crush their oppoment instead of listen to them.

Thats where Christians can shine Jesus' love to the world n to eachother. To put eachother above ourselves n seek to understand. Even upon disagreement, respect n kindness should always be present.

Even Peter n Paul had a dispute...so it's human...

Xoxo hope you feel loved

at least that's how God lead me to

GotGrace

The problem with thinking that all animals for meat or eggs are mistreated is that isn't the case. My daughter and her husband have a farm, they raise grass fed lamb for meat plus the adults are sheared for the wool, free range chickens and turkeys for eggs and meat, and their animals are well kept happy and are a little too free range at times.

One chicken likes coming up and laying eggs on the deck. It's her happy place. The chickens love the grandkids (follow the trail of grain) and it's mutual. It gets problematic when they free range into the vegetable patch (which also feeds the family and supplies the farmer's market on occasion).

One day I was on the phone to my daughter and one of the grandkids was yelling "mum come quick, the lambs got into the basement and somebody is barfin upstairs."

DD had stepped outside a moment for a peaceful chat, and all the lambs broke loose along with a touchy toddler's stomach.

I have no problem finding local beef from similar operations here and when I shop in the store it's quite easy to find free range eggs, grass fed dairy etc.

The local abbatoir is a humane operation, they don't want to damage or upset the animals before quickly killing them with the least stress possible because as anyone in the industry knows, that affects the meat, it isn't good. Stress hormones, fractures are bad for business. When the day comes those animals around here have 1 bad day compared to a lifetime of sunshine, grassy pastures and a happy life being what they are.

I pass that abbatoir every time I go up to the farm, it's 45 minutes south of the farm and the local cattle ranchers use it too.

I also know owners of big dairy farms, cattle ranches and egg farms. My grandfather on my dad's side was a cattle rancher. The cousins that helped my inlaws make it out of China in 1950 were egg farmers here in Abbotsford BC. A friend of mine is a dairy farmer's wife in Ontario with a big dairy herd.

None of them mistreated their animals, nor does it make sense. I know it happens at times, there are bad apples everywhere and exceptions to the rule. But PETA has been found out in some of their exposes for being frauds so I don't believe them.

There are actual physical problems with vegan diets. Vegetarians who eat eggs and dairy are ok but Vegans need to supplement with B12 and then there is the amino acid Carnitine, which is found in meat. Your body stores enough for about 10 years worth, so beginner vegans and vegetarians are ok for some time.

Some people need more than others. But it can affect the heart muscle which uses carnitine even though it wasn't considered an "essential" amino acid.

Those are just 2 problems.

In my own experience, when I started to really get ill in 1999, I tried going vegetarian to help heal the fatigue that was bothering me. When that didn't help I tried a vegan diet.

I got steadily worse. My thyroid blew up like a balloon and I had arthritis so bad it was hard to move. I was diagnosed with thyroiditis, and chronic fatigue and I still didn't clue in. My cholesterol was soaring, in spite of being on a virtually fat free diet which was what everyone said was healing at that time. I was gaining weight like nobody's business despite that fat free diet that was sure to help me lose weight "safely"

Finally in desperation I prayed for God to show me what to do. And I thought about what was different, and it was the beans and other legumes. So I got rid of those-- peanuts, soy, tofu, lentils, chickpeas, green peas, green beans, you name it, if it's a legume I stopped eating it altogether, and it helped.

I ate a little meat but carefully got rid of the fat. A bit of energy came back but over the months the arthritis disappeared. I still hadn't learnt so I kept my whole grains and I was eating far too much kale, cabbage and broccoli (I actually really like them).

I ended up with diverticulitis and my thyroid continued to worsen.

Then about 2010 or so I read Gary Taube's book on Why We Get Fat, and he mentioned the connection between auto immune diseases, of which I had plenty by then, and the high fibre low fat diets being pushed for health.

He had the studies, and the science to help me understand why the things I'd been taught in the 70s and 80s as an RN were the exact opposite of what my body needed. I went on to read Lierre Kieth's groundbreaking book The Vegetarian Myth in which she explains a lot of why vegetarian myths get pushed on us, and it made sense and I read the blistering critique of the China Study done by Denise Minger.

I went out and started back on the low carb diet I liked (but was afraid would kill me) from the early 80s complete with loads of animal fat, high fat dairy, meat and I took out GRAINS and tried to wean myself off the cabbage family at least for a time. I lost 40 lbs along the way.

It all helped. It wasn't a cure, I'd done too much damage to my body in my earlier years. Maybe if I'd started sooner-- but now I have a tool to use to prevent diverticulitis flares or help heal them when I eat too much fibre and veggies. It helps my energy level to a degree. I still have flare ups of the fatigue, very bad ones but I'm not in a wheelchair like we thought was next 12 years ago. I don't have arthritis unless I accidentally eat green peas or lentils or peanut butter in a recipe. That will last 6 weeks when I do.

What frightens me with this vegetarian agenda is that people like me who can't live on a vegetarian diet let alone a vegan one are brushed aside and there are a lot of people like me in the auto immune "community" online who have the same story.

Everyone is different.

I don't mind people being vegetarian or vegan as long as they don't do 2 things. 1 being to spread the lies. 2 being to stop me from eating meat. PETA does both.
You are right on target. My dd and sil have the most babied animals in the world - I'm sure they think they are in heaven. When a Porker is loaded for slaughter it might take them two hours to load it because they don't want to give it any rough treatment such as a prod. At the slaughter house it is instant - so all very humane.

It seems every once in awhile an article comes out in a magazine or newspaper about all the cruelty to animals, and I'm sure there are probably instances of it but for the most part that is not the case IMHO.

I tried vegetables and gained weight because I did not get satisfied. What I would really like to eat every day is Lobster - yum, yum. The Good Lord put these things here for us to enjoy. He probably should not have made sugar cane! Sugar addict - when I am really sticking to low carb my brain drives me crazy saying eat sugar.

Jojo4124

Lol I heard someone say
"Smoking wont send ya to hell, but it will make ya smell like you've been there!" Lol

Yes, nor did they have electricity etc. I am soooo thankful to live on earth on a time where there's electricity n running toilets!