Vegetarianism Has Become an End-Time Religion

Epieikes

I am a vegetarian, but not because it’s a “religion” to me. The reason I don’t eat meat is because my heart is broken at the thought of how these creatures suffer in those slaughterhouses. Born to die. And born to live an absolutely horrid existence before they die.

And when someone points out all the animal sacrifices during the Old Testament times, I point out that at least those animals were probably living normal lives beforehand, not living in the horror of a slaughterhouse.

A cow or a pig or a chicken or a lamb or a calf experiences pain and fear, and wants to live just as much as a dog or cat wants to live. It’s all a matter of perspective.

I was never crazy about meat, but I did like cheeseburgers and meatloaf. Until the day I visited a petting zoo, and a cow came over to the fence and I was petting her, and looking into her sweet face and eyes…and I truly made the connection between what I was eating and the sentient creature I was seeing in front of me. I was never the same after that, and could never eat meat again.

My husband laughs at me. He absolutely loves meat, and thinks I’m ridiculous about it. But God knows my heart, and that’s all that matters.

I don’t mean to offend anyone here. And I normally don’t talk about my being a vegetarian because I know it can cause controversy, and I really don’t want to cause that, especially here. But when I read that article, I had to respond. In my opinion, the article is very shortsighted, and it offended me. I am not vegan, only vegetarian, but I still found this article offensive. I’m going to contact Todd about it, to give my point of view. Not that it will do any good, of course. But at least I’ll feel better…

I never try to change anyone’s mind about eating meat. I know it would not do a bit of good, anyway, so it’s pointless. But if anyone asks why I’m a vegetarian, then I tell them why.
I had "that funny feeling" when I read it last night...as if too much personal preference rather than fact seeped through. This topic and surely the presentation of it, like all others, uses a broad stroke of the paintbrush...but we can so easily fail to notice and appreciate the individual's needs and diversity among passionate Christ-followers when we paint with it.

Endangered

I have more energy and fewer ailments if my diet is high in protein. And protein in plants can be hard to find in certain plants. A Whopper has 30 grams of protein.
My daily bowl of oatmeal has 5 grams. I would never be able to get enough protein in vegetables.
So one burger is equal to 6 bowls of oatmeal.
The Bible says "the lamb will lie down with the lion". So at some point in the future we may all be vegan. But God will beef up plants with more protein.

GotGrace

Vegetarianism Has Become an End-Time Religion
By Todd Strandberg

It has become clear to me that vegetarianism has transformed into a religion for millions of people. They live the vegan lifestyle, and they are more than happy to share their diet with everyone. Just as Christians seek to convert the lost by bringing them to the cross, vegetarians seek to create a works-based salvation. The new Mayor was recently giving a news conference, and he proclaims, “I eat plant-based centered life.”

The powers that be are on track to repeat the energy disaster that led to the current massive shortfall of fossil fuels. If the government sets goals on when we will stop eating meat, the likely result will be a shortage in protein. The left would cheer a no-meat-by-2035 deadline. Because of the disinvestment in animal farming, people would be starving by 2027.

Vegans can be so hateful to omnivores, their actions are often cultic. They have the moral high ground, and everyone needs to hear them. Here are three statements from people who posted online:

“I haven’t personally met every vegan on Earth, but every vegan I’ve ever met has tried to force their beliefs on others. Some of them have just said outrageously terrible things to me, others have started an online mob campaign against me, and others have tried to get me fired from my job. So there is definitely a varying degree in the intensity of the attacks, but I have never once met a vegan who could just live their life and let me live mine.”

“I’ve lost count of the number of so-called ‘friends’ who became vegan and then almost immediately fell out with me simply because I’m not vegan.”

“I am probably one of the most un-vegan people in existence (meaning my entire diet revolves around meat and animal products) simply because I don’t agree with the ideology behind it. Namely, I don’t agree that not eating meat or animal products will end animal suffering, which seems to be one of the main reasons for somebody becoming vegan.”

In 2019 an Australian woman sued her neighbors because the smell of BBQ was drifting into her yard. Claiming they were doing it on purpose, Cilla Carden told a TV reporter, “All I can smell is fish. I can’t enjoy my backyard.”

She feels that if she can’t enjoy her backyard without the aroma of meat and fish cooking on the barbie, her neighbors shouldn’t be able to enjoy their backyard either.

So far, it seems the courts are taking a dim view of her contentions. Her complaint was tossed out of court last year. She filed an appeal, but the Supreme Court of Western Australia rejected it as well. She reportedly has vowed to keep fighting.

The end result may be just the beginning of Cilla’s troubles. It seems that in response to her legal challenges, her neighbors are organizing a neighborhood cookout outside her home. According to a Facebook page, the event is being called “Community BBQ for Cilla Carden.”

“Don’t let Cilla destroy a good old Aussie tradition; join us for a community BBQ, and help Cilla Carden get some pork for her fork,” the event description reads. The event never took place because Facebook blocked the page.

It is rather remarkable that most, not some, of the worst genocidal maniacs were vegans. Genghis Kahn, who terrorized most of Asia, killed 1,780,000 people in just one hour. Pol Pot, who murdered 2 million Cambodians, or one-quarter of his fellow countrymen, was also an avowed vegan. The same is true of Joseph Stalin, who mostly ate walnuts, garlic, plums and pomegranates. He also drank copious amounts of wine.

There is no question that Charles Manson was a confirmed vegetarian, and he was also very vocal about animal rights. I guess it’s okay to kill people, but you’d better not be killing any puppy dogs! A more recent vegan gone mad was Adam Lanza, the nut job who killed 20 innocent kids in 2012 at Sandy Hook Elementary school in Newton, Conn.

Joseph Goebbels, who was Hitler’s propaganda minister, developed this whole media campaign around the idea that Hitler loved animals so much that he couldn’t eat them, and this proved that he could never have any people killed. Needless to say, it was not the most successful propaganda campaign in history, if you know what I mean? Hitler was also said to be an ardent opponent of torture and the dissection of animals. I guess it didn’t bother him that his Nazi underlings chopped up and gassed millions of humans before burying most of them in mass graves. But you’d better not be kicking any cats around!

Hitler often had meetings with his top Nazis and always tried to dissuade his colleagues from eating any meat. Rudolf Hess, Hitler’s Deputy Fuhrer, was so vegan that he brought his own veggie meals to these dinners. At the end of his life, Hitler mostly ate beans and mashed potatoes. No wonder he suffered terrible bouts of flatulence.

The Apostle Paul, in the book of Timothy, predicted that vegetarianism would be a sign of the latter days. Mankind is always looking for some way to find salvation. By abstaining from eating meat, even people like Hitler can view themselves as good moral beings. The only way to true salvation is to be washed in the blood of Christ; anything else is just a distraction.

“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving” – (1 Timothy 4:1-4).

– Todd

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/vegetarianism-has-become-an-end-time-religion/
I love pork chops and ham and boy oh boy just don’t try to replace it with pretend meat made out of some kind of plant. The fast food place was promoting that stuff ewwwwww!

athenasius

The problem with thinking that all animals for meat or eggs are mistreated is that isn't the case. My daughter and her husband have a farm, they raise grass fed lamb for meat plus the adults are sheared for the wool, free range chickens and turkeys for eggs and meat, and their animals are well kept happy and are a little too free range at times.

One chicken likes coming up and laying eggs on the deck. It's her happy place. The chickens love the grandkids (follow the trail of grain) and it's mutual. It gets problematic when they free range into the vegetable patch (which also feeds the family and supplies the farmer's market on occasion).

One day I was on the phone to my daughter and one of the grandkids was yelling "mum come quick, the lambs got into the basement and somebody is barfin upstairs."

DD had stepped outside a moment for a peaceful chat, and all the lambs broke loose along with a touchy toddler's stomach.

I have no problem finding local beef from similar operations here and when I shop in the store it's quite easy to find free range eggs, grass fed dairy etc.

The local abbatoir is a humane operation, they don't want to damage or upset the animals before quickly killing them with the least stress possible because as anyone in the industry knows, that affects the meat, it isn't good. Stress hormones, fractures are bad for business. When the day comes those animals around here have 1 bad day compared to a lifetime of sunshine, grassy pastures and a happy life being what they are.

I pass that abbatoir every time I go up to the farm, it's 45 minutes south of the farm and the local cattle ranchers use it too.

I also know owners of big dairy farms, cattle ranches and egg farms. My grandfather on my dad's side was a cattle rancher. The cousins that helped my inlaws make it out of China in 1950 were egg farmers here in Abbotsford BC. A friend of mine is a dairy farmer's wife in Ontario with a big dairy herd.

None of them mistreated their animals, nor does it make sense. I know it happens at times, there are bad apples everywhere and exceptions to the rule. But PETA has been found out in some of their exposes for being frauds so I don't believe them.

There are actual physical problems with vegan diets. Vegetarians who eat eggs and dairy are ok but Vegans need to supplement with B12 and then there is the amino acid Carnitine, which is found in meat. Your body stores enough for about 10 years worth, so beginner vegans and vegetarians are ok for some time.

Some people need more than others. But it can affect the heart muscle which uses carnitine even though it wasn't considered an "essential" amino acid.

Those are just 2 problems.

In my own experience, when I started to really get ill in 1999, I tried going vegetarian to help heal the fatigue that was bothering me. When that didn't help I tried a vegan diet.

I got steadily worse. My thyroid blew up like a balloon and I had arthritis so bad it was hard to move. I was diagnosed with thyroiditis, and chronic fatigue and I still didn't clue in. My cholesterol was soaring, in spite of being on a virtually fat free diet which was what everyone said was healing at that time. I was gaining weight like nobody's business despite that fat free diet that was sure to help me lose weight "safely"

Finally in desperation I prayed for God to show me what to do. And I thought about what was different, and it was the beans and other legumes. So I got rid of those-- peanuts, soy, tofu, lentils, chickpeas, green peas, green beans, you name it, if it's a legume I stopped eating it altogether, and it helped.

I ate a little meat but carefully got rid of the fat. A bit of energy came back but over the months the arthritis disappeared. I still hadn't learnt so I kept my whole grains and I was eating far too much kale, cabbage and broccoli (I actually really like them).

I ended up with diverticulitis and my thyroid continued to worsen.

Then about 2010 or so I read Gary Taube's book on Why We Get Fat, and he mentioned the connection between auto immune diseases, of which I had plenty by then, and the high fibre low fat diets being pushed for health.

He had the studies, and the science to help me understand why the things I'd been taught in the 70s and 80s as an RN were the exact opposite of what my body needed. I went on to read Lierre Kieth's groundbreaking book The Vegetarian Myth in which she explains a lot of why vegetarian myths get pushed on us, and it made sense and I read the blistering critique of the China Study done by Denise Minger.

I went out and started back on the low carb diet I liked (but was afraid would kill me) from the early 80s complete with loads of animal fat, high fat dairy, meat and I took out GRAINS and tried to wean myself off the cabbage family at least for a time. I lost 40 lbs along the way.

It all helped. It wasn't a cure, I'd done too much damage to my body in my earlier years. Maybe if I'd started sooner-- but now I have a tool to use to prevent diverticulitis flares or help heal them when I eat too much fibre and veggies. It helps my energy level to a degree. I still have flare ups of the fatigue, very bad ones but I'm not in a wheelchair like we thought was next 12 years ago. I don't have arthritis unless I accidentally eat green peas or lentils or peanut butter in a recipe. That will last 6 weeks when I do.

What frightens me with this vegetarian agenda is that people like me who can't live on a vegetarian diet let alone a vegan one are brushed aside and there are a lot of people like me in the auto immune "community" online who have the same story.

Everyone is different.

I don't mind people being vegetarian or vegan as long as they don't do 2 things. 1 being to spread the lies. 2 being to stop me from eating meat. PETA does both.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
I will add a few more thoughts to what I’ve already said in my previous post, and then I will bow out of this conversation. This is an extremely hurtful, disturbing subject for me, and I don’t want to risk becoming upset and causing controversy and offense.

To be honest, I don’t understand why anyone would be puzzled about the reality of the horrors of what takes place in those slaughterhouses. It’s all online - graphic photos included. I’ve read the articles and seen the photos. And the images that are now in my head - I can’t shake them off. I sobbed when I read about how baby calves are treated so that people can eat veal. And how newborn male chicks are ground up - while still alive - because they don’t produce eggs and are considered useless. And that’s just for starters. That is only the tip of the iceberg, as far as the heartless, inhumane treatment of these creatures. I don’t even want to imagine what kind of dark soul would actually choose to work in such a vile place.

This is not about a slaughterhouse, but I will add that my husband has a friend whose family raised a couple of cows. The family named the two cows, and enjoyed interacting with them as family pets, pretty much. And yet, both cows wound up on the dinner table as roast beef. I can’t even begin to wrap my mind around such a scenario. I don’t find it the least bit funny, but I know many would laugh at hearing such a thing. Nor do I find it the least bit funny when people say things like, “I love animals…they’re so tasty!”

The cruelty of mankind - against both fellow humans and animals - such cruelty truly knows NO bounds.

Part of me wishes that I didn’t have such a sensitive soul. But the rest of me wouldn’t change a thing. I actually consider a deeply sensitive soul to be a precious gift from God. But on the other hand, there is a steep price to pay for being very sensitive about things which most other people couldn’t care less about. The suffering of others - both human and animal, suffering which you can do nothing to stop or at least alieviate to some degree - it will deeply wound you. And that’s where I am, and where I’ve always been.

My comfort comes from the knowledge that my heart is fully known to God…because He made it that way. I don’t understand why I’m so sensitive…but He does. My comfort also comes from the sure promise that He will one day put an end to ALL suffering and death - for both humans and animals.

Yes, there are vegetarians and vegans who behave in ways that I certainly would not condone. But most of us are not like that, and it’s wrong to portray us all as a bunch of fruitcakes. It’s also highly ignorant and offensive to essentially say that because Hitler supposedly didn’t eat meat, then there must be something wrong mentally with all those who don’t eat meat. I’m shocked that any intelligent person would make such a statement.

Finally, the choice to not eat animal flesh may be a “religion” for some, but certainly not for all of us vegetarians. At this point in my life, I have never felt closer to my Lord Jesus, and at the same time, my compassion for all living creatures continues to deepen. So to imply that I worship the created rather than the Creator is again ignorant and offensive, as it is painting an entire group of people with broad strokes.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
In my opinion, the fact that eating animal flesh did not become a reality until after the fall of mankind when sin entered the world - says it ALL. It was something God NEVER intended…but SIN ushered it in…and one day, Jesus will usher it right back out again…FOREVER…

Hidden

This is an example of having a form of godliness but denying the Power thereof. It's one of the signs of the last days according to 2 Timothy 3. God has allowed the eating of animal meat post-flood, but these vegans think they are more compassionate, and thus more advanced in terms of morals. It stems from pride in humanity aka humanism.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I started to post this yesterday but deleted it. Here goes and @Umbrella Girl , I am not aiming this at you (♡♥︎♡♡♡♡) or anyone here on this forum. This is a problem with mankind in general. I support people eating what they want to eat.

I heard a sermon once on how love will grow cold.
The preacher felt that using corn to produce gas for cars (or whatever it produces) was an example...that corn should be used for feeding people.

He also made a point of people loving animals more than they love other humans...to the point of denying humans the ability to eat flesh. Should a human starve so an animal can live??

Another example was how a person will feed a hungry dog and walk past a hungry human.

I think vegetarianism and environmentalism have become religions. And both place humans on the bottom rung. It certainly shows a lack of love toward fellow humans.

Jojo4124

This is an example of having a form of godliness but denying the Power thereof. It's one of the signs of the last days according to 2 Timothy 3. God has allowed the eating of animal meat post-flood, but these vegans think they are more compassionate, and thus more advanced in terms of morals. It stems from pride in humanity aka humanism.
God used what the Jews felt were unclean animals in Peter's vision to show him, I think, not to discriminate taking the gospel to non Jews.

I guess it's where love comes in...we are to not offend others with our choices....like if someone sets meat before you that was a sacrifice to a false god....it's ok to eat it because there ARE no other gods, etc.

Ppl have free will to live how they choose. If in Christ, ppl accept n love others with different views on non salvation issues. Non Christians only have their lives to fight for and defend (not the cause of Christ) and it saddens me that some unbelievers feel they need to push their choices on others. But it's all they have....which would be sad n stressful if this life was all there was....

Jojo4124

I have more energy and fewer ailments if my diet is high in protein. And protein in plants can be hard to find in certain plants. A Whopper has 30 grams of protein.
My daily bowl of oatmeal has 5 grams. I would never be able to get enough protein in vegetables.
So one burger is equal to 6 bowls of oatmeal.
The Bible says "the lamb will lie down with the lion". So at some point in the future we may all be vegan. But God will beef up plants with more protein.
I like Quest bars, lemon, they contain about 1/2 the fiber n 1/3 the protien I need in a day. I sat down one day to figure my daily need requirements...

It surprised me how HARD it was to get 60g protein, 25g fiber in all under 1400 calories!!! (Slow metabolism n wanting to lose weight)

Plus just focusing on getting my nutrient needs within that calorie limit showed me that if I ate to reach these daily nutrient needs, there is not much unnatural fat, sugar, or salt etc.

So, I set out to "eat right".....then someone gives me a free doughnut...I mean its free! Lol or someone orders a pizza!!!! Ahhhhh

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
To be honest, I don’t understand why anyone would be puzzled about the reality of the horrors of what takes place in those slaughterhouses. It’s all online - graphic photos included. I’ve read the articles and seen the photos. And the images that are now in my head - I can’t shake them off.

There's terabytes of misleading info on the web. As with many other fringe movements, pics and videos are taken and stretched and pulled until they don't reflect reality. There is a lot of deception out there and there are many gullible people deeply affected by it. I'm personally not puzzled at all and fully support animal husbandry and the process of providing meats from varying animals to the marketplace. Killing an animal is part of that process. I've broken a few chicken's necks in my time and then dipped the fresh carcass in boiling water before defeathering...

Jojo4124

The problem with thinking that all animals for meat or eggs are mistreated is that isn't the case. My daughter and her husband have a farm, they raise grass fed lamb for meat plus the adults are sheared for the wool, free range chickens and turkeys for eggs and meat, and their animals are well kept happy and are a little too free range at times.

One chicken likes coming up and laying eggs on the deck. It's her happy place. The chickens love the grandkids (follow the trail of grain) and it's mutual. It gets problematic when they free range into the vegetable patch (which also feeds the family and supplies the farmer's market on occasion).

One day I was on the phone to my daughter and one of the grandkids was yelling "mum come quick, the lambs got into the basement and somebody is barfin upstairs."

DD had stepped outside a moment for a peaceful chat, and all the lambs broke loose along with a touchy toddler's stomach.

I have no problem finding local beef from similar operations here and when I shop in the store it's quite easy to find free range eggs, grass fed dairy etc.

The local abbatoir is a humane operation, they don't want to damage or upset the animals before quickly killing them with the least stress possible because as anyone in the industry knows, that affects the meat, it isn't good. Stress hormones, fractures are bad for business. When the day comes those animals around here have 1 bad day compared to a lifetime of sunshine, grassy pastures and a happy life being what they are.

I pass that abbatoir every time I go up to the farm, it's 45 minutes south of the farm and the local cattle ranchers use it too.

I also know owners of big dairy farms, cattle ranches and egg farms. My grandfather on my dad's side was a cattle rancher. The cousins that helped my inlaws make it out of China in 1950 were egg farmers here in Abbotsford BC. A friend of mine is a dairy farmer's wife in Ontario with a big dairy herd.

None of them mistreated their animals, nor does it make sense. I know it happens at times, there are bad apples everywhere and exceptions to the rule. But PETA has been found out in some of their exposes for being frauds so I don't believe them.

There are actual physical problems with vegan diets. Vegetarians who eat eggs and dairy are ok but Vegans need to supplement with B12 and then there is the amino acid Carnitine, which is found in meat. Your body stores enough for about 10 years worth, so beginner vegans and vegetarians are ok for some time.

Some people need more than others. But it can affect the heart muscle which uses carnitine even though it wasn't considered an "essential" amino acid.

Those are just 2 problems.

In my own experience, when I started to really get ill in 1999, I tried going vegetarian to help heal the fatigue that was bothering me. When that didn't help I tried a vegan diet.

I got steadily worse. My thyroid blew up like a balloon and I had arthritis so bad it was hard to move. I was diagnosed with thyroiditis, and chronic fatigue and I still didn't clue in. My cholesterol was soaring, in spite of being on a virtually fat free diet which was what everyone said was healing at that time. I was gaining weight like nobody's business despite that fat free diet that was sure to help me lose weight "safely"

Finally in desperation I prayed for God to show me what to do. And I thought about what was different, and it was the beans and other legumes. So I got rid of those-- peanuts, soy, tofu, lentils, chickpeas, green peas, green beans, you name it, if it's a legume I stopped eating it altogether, and it helped.

I ate a little meat but carefully got rid of the fat. A bit of energy came back but over the months the arthritis disappeared. I still hadn't learnt so I kept my whole grains and I was eating far too much kale, cabbage and broccoli (I actually really like them).

I ended up with diverticulitis and my thyroid continued to worsen.

Then about 2010 or so I read Gary Taube's book on Why We Get Fat, and he mentioned the connection between auto immune diseases, of which I had plenty by then, and the high fibre low fat diets being pushed for health.

He had the studies, and the science to help me understand why the things I'd been taught in the 70s and 80s as an RN were the exact opposite of what my body needed. I went on to read Lierre Kieth's groundbreaking book The Vegetarian Myth in which she explains a lot of why vegetarian myths get pushed on us, and it made sense and I read the blistering critique of the China Study done by Denise Minger.

I went out and started back on the low carb diet I liked (but was afraid would kill me) from the early 80s complete with loads of animal fat, high fat dairy, meat and I took out GRAINS and tried to wean myself off the cabbage family at least for a time. I lost 40 lbs along the way.

It all helped. It wasn't a cure, I'd done too much damage to my body in my earlier years. Maybe if I'd started sooner-- but now I have a tool to use to prevent diverticulitis flares or help heal them when I eat too much fibre and veggies. It helps my energy level to a degree. I still have flare ups of the fatigue, very bad ones but I'm not in a wheelchair like we thought was next 12 years ago. I don't have arthritis unless I accidentally eat green peas or lentils or peanut butter in a recipe. That will last 6 weeks when I do.

What frightens me with this vegetarian agenda is that people like me who can't live on a vegetarian diet let alone a vegan one are brushed aside and there are a lot of people like me in the auto immune "community" online who have the same story.

Everyone is different.

I don't mind people being vegetarian or vegan as long as they don't do 2 things. 1 being to spread the lies. 2 being to stop me from eating meat. PETA does both.
I LOVE hearing farm animal stories!!! Well, any animal, they are so funny!!! A chicken laying on the porch, lol!!

I heard that the Mediterranean diet is healthy, that there are less "getting older" diseases over there....lots of fish, fruit, veges I think. And olive oil..oh I love a good herbal olive oil to dip my garlic bread in!!!

Jojo4124

I will add a few more thoughts to what I’ve already said in my previous post, and then I will bow out of this conversation. This is an extremely hurtful, disturbing subject for me, and I don’t want to risk becoming upset and causing controversy and offense.

To be honest, I don’t understand why anyone would be puzzled about the reality of the horrors of what takes place in those slaughterhouses. It’s all online - graphic photos included. I’ve read the articles and seen the photos. And the images that are now in my head - I can’t shake them off. I sobbed when I read about how baby calves are treated so that people can eat veal. And how newborn male chicks are ground up - while still alive - because they don’t produce eggs and are considered useless. And that’s just for starters. That is only the tip of the iceberg, as far as the heartless, inhumane treatment of these creatures. I don’t even want to imagine what kind of dark soul would actually choose to work in such a vile place.

This is not about a slaughterhouse, but I will add that my husband has a friend whose family raised a couple of cows. The family named the two cows, and enjoyed interacting with them as family pets, pretty much. And yet, both cows wound up on the dinner table as roast beef. I can’t even begin to wrap my mind around such a scenario. I don’t find it the least bit funny, but I know many would laugh at hearing such a thing. Nor do I find it the least bit funny when people say things like, “I love animals…they’re so tasty!”

The cruelty of mankind - against both fellow humans and animals - such cruelty truly knows NO bounds.

Part of me wishes that I didn’t have such a sensitive soul. But the rest of me wouldn’t change a thing. I actually consider a deeply sensitive soul to be a precious gift from God. But on the other hand, there is a steep price to pay for being very sensitive about things which most other people couldn’t care less about. The suffering of others - both human and animal, suffering which you can do nothing to stop or at least alieviate to some degree - it will deeply wound you. And that’s where I am, and where I’ve always been.

My comfort comes from the knowledge that my heart is fully known to God…because He made it that way. I don’t understand why I’m so sensitive…but He does. My comfort also comes from the sure promise that He will one day put an end to ALL suffering and death - for both humans and animals.

Yes, there are vegetarians and vegans who behave in ways that I certainly would not condone. But most of us are not like that, and it’s wrong to portray us all as a bunch of fruitcakes. It’s also highly ignorant and offensive to essentially say that because Hitler supposedly didn’t eat meat, then there must be something wrong mentally with all those who don’t eat meat. I’m shocked that any intelligent person would make such a statement.

Finally, the choice to not eat animal flesh may be a “religion” for some, but certainly not for all of us vegetarians. At this point in my life, I have never felt closer to my Lord Jesus, and at the same time, my compassion for all living creatures continues to deepen. So to imply that I worship the created rather than the Creator is again ignorant and offensive, as it is painting an entire group of people with broad strokes.
Hugs to you! Only you know what is best for your body. You are right, not all vegans are as mentioned!! Xo!!