Vatican is Ridiculed for it's awful Nativity Set

Batman

I've always felt the truth of the Nativity was suspect and lost year after year when you see the 3 kings at the nativity with the shepherds. The attack on the virgin birth of Christ, the entire Nativity birth story, the kings and shepherds, etc. may not have always been directly in play but compromises and untruths tainted it. I don't know if it had any impact on the attacks to remove Nativity displays from public, city, etc. so that might not be relevant. However, I do think we can note from pop culture that decades of satirical slams and replacement Nativity scenes or figures show the disdain and increasingly spiritually dangerous intentions and impacts were real and deep seated and awful.

Len

though I do not agree with this nativity scene ...... personally I do not see a problem with people who have 3 magi or a couple of dogs in their nativity scene, nor want to celebrate it.
I have had a week of facebook being told by a bunch of scrooges that I am not a christian because "real" christians would not celebrate the festive season because it is not Jesus birthday but is... duh! really??? ..... but I am not a JW and I will celebrate Jesus on the 25th of December I do not celebrate a pagan god or a guy in a red suit nor will I deny my children's children a gift and if it was not for my wife and I those little ones wouldn't get to play with those little sheep around the manger and it is a joy to hear a 5yo tell me there is no such thing as santa he is a lie ..... sure there are other ways to tell them, but I love christmas, I love the emotions of it, the carols and the food, the family being family etc they are wonderful gifts

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Do a Berean Biblical study to see how accurate even most traditional Nativity scenes are. It is interesting to say the least.
though I do not agree with this nativity scene ...... personally I do not see a problem with people who have 3 magi or a couple of dogs in their nativity scene, nor want to celebrate it.
I have had a week of facebook being told by a bunch of scrooges that I am not a christian because "real" christians would not celebrate the festive season because it is not Jesus birthday but is... duh! really??? ..... but I am not a JW and I will celebrate Jesus on the 25th of December I do not celebrate a pagan god or a guy in a red suit nor will I deny my children's children a gift and if it was not for my wife and I those little ones wouldn't get to play with those little sheep around the manger and it is a joy to hear a 5yo tell me there is no such thing as santa he is a lie ..... sure there are other ways to tell them, but I love christmas, I love the emotions of it, the carols and the food, the family being family etc they are wonderful gifts

So the outdoor lit-up Nativity scene has

Baby Jesus
Mary
Joseph
3 shepherds
12 sheep
3 wise men
3 camels
1 cow
1 donkey
1 Moravian star hanging from a really tall iron shepherd's crook planter hanger
and a piece of plywood with two 2 x 4s for a lean-to back drop for the holy family

It's given me opportunities to share The Gospel
It's given other people opportunities to share The Gospel
It's given parents opportunities to teach their children
It's disturbed at least one non-believer (plowing the soil?
It's pretty
It reminds people of what Christmas is all about
Other people like it. Some have taken photos
I like it
Most of all, it's intended as a witness and to celebrate and give thanks and glory to God for His incredible gift of Jesus!

Now if I could find some blow mold angels . . . :rolleyes
. . . and get the light-up cross to look right so it can be put up with the Nativity . . .

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I’ve seen images of Santa kneeling before Jesus in the manger, and I really like that... :inlove

I have a small figurine like that and like the sharing opportunities and fun discussions it can create (during non-wuhan virus years)
It's also a great reminder to me if there's *extra* $ to use it for good instead of spending it because it's there

I'd love to find a light-up blow mold like this . . .

Back