Vatican Betrays Virgin Mary for Islam’s Prophet Muhammad

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Creeping Sharia: Vatican Betrays Virgin Mary for Islam’s Prophet Muhammad

"The same folks to bring you “Abrahamism”—the idea that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are intricately connected—have narrowed their sights on promoting Mary, the mother of Christ, as “a Jewish, Christian and Muslim woman,” in the words of Catholic priest Fr. Gian Matteo of the Pontifical International Marian Academy. In a ten-week webinar series titled “Mary, a model for faith and life for Christianity and Islam,” the academy will seek to present Mary as a bridge between the two religions.
This may be easier said than done — at least for those still interested in facts. For starters, the claim that Mary was a “Jewish, Christian and Muslim woman” is only two-thirds true: yes, she was a Jew by race and background; and yes, she was a Christian in that she literally birthed Christ(ianity); but she was most certainly not a Muslim — a term and religion that came into being 600 years after Mary died.
Worse, far from being the Eternal Virgin, as she is for 1.5 billion Christians of the Catholic and Orthodox variety, Islam presents Mary, the Mother of Christ, as “married” to and “copulating” with Muhammad in paradise — a depiction that would seem to sever rather than build “bridges.”"
https://creepingsharia.tumblr.com/p...atican-betrays-virgin-mary-for-islams-prophet

:puke

:cry

Dear God, please hurry up!!! (daily pester)

:pray :pray :amen :amen

SkyRider

Welcome to bizzaro world. Where everything abnormal is now normal!

I thought it was clever of Satan to have one of those supposed Marian apparitions take place in a small remote area of Portugal called Fatima. Who hasn't heard of the Lady of Fatima, appearing to three young Portuguese children. Growing up a Catholic and attending Catholic grade school, my family loved that movie. Well, Fatima was also the name of one of Mohammed's daughters. That could be used in the future to get Islam and Catholicism to get together. The enemy, who can appear as an “angel of light” doesn't miss a trick in furthering his goals.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Yeah.....thing is, the whole Mary was Muslim has a glaring problem. Not one iota or hint of a word in the the bible claiming Mary was muslim whatsoever. :ohno

In fact her genealogy says something quite different in Luke 3. Mary was extremely Jewish, period. Heli was Joseph's Father in Law (which is why Luke stated that Joseph was the son of Heli, through marriage and thus signifying that this was Mary's geneology - https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/marys-genealogy/), and the father of Mary:

Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph,

the son of Heli, 24 the son of Matthat,
the son of Levi, the son of Melki,
the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph,

25 the son of Mattathias, the son of Amos,
the son of Nahum, the son of Esli,
the son of Naggai, 26 the son of Maath,
the son of Mattathias, the son of Semein,
the son of Josek, the son of Joda,

27 the son of Joanan, the son of Rhesa,
the son of Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel,
the son of Neri, 28 the son of Melki,
the son of Addi, the son of Cosam,
the son of Elmadam, the son of Er,

29 the son of Joshua, the son of Eliezer,
the son of Jorim, the son of Matthat,
the son of Levi, 30 the son of Simeon,
the son of Judah, the son of Joseph,
the son of Jonam, the son of Eliakim,

31 the son of Melea, the son of Menna,
the son of Mattatha, the son of Nathan,
the son of David, 32 the son of Jesse,
the son of Obed, the son of Boaz,
the son of Salmon,[d] the son of Nahshon,

33 the son of Amminadab, the son of Ram,[e]
the son of Hezron, the son of Perez,
the son of Judah, 34 the son of Jacob,
the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham,
the son of Terah, the son of Nahor,

35 the son of Serug, the son of Reu,
the son of Peleg, the son of Eber,
the son of Shelah, 36 the son of Cainan,
the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem,
the son of Noah, the son of Lamech,

37 the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch,
the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel,
the son of Kenan, 38 the son of Enosh,
the son of Seth, the son of Adam,
the son of God.

Luke 3:23-38

SkyRider

Yeah.....thing is, the whole Mary was Muslim has a glaring problem. Not one iota or hint of a word in the the bible claiming Mary was muslim whatsoever. :ohno

In fact her genealogy says something quite different in Luke 3. Mary was extremely Jewish, period. Heli was Joseph's Father in Law (which is why Luke stated that Joseph was the son of Heli, through marriage and thus signifying that this was Mary's geneology - https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/marys-genealogy/), and the father of Mary:

Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph,

the son of Heli, 24 the son of Matthat,
the son of Levi, the son of Melki,
the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph,

25 the son of Mattathias, the son of Amos,
the son of Nahum, the son of Esli,
the son of Naggai, 26 the son of Maath,
the son of Mattathias, the son of Semein,
the son of Josek, the son of Joda,

27 the son of Joanan, the son of Rhesa,
the son of Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel,
the son of Neri, 28 the son of Melki,
the son of Addi, the son of Cosam,
the son of Elmadam, the son of Er,

29 the son of Joshua, the son of Eliezer,
the son of Jorim, the son of Matthat,
the son of Levi, 30 the son of Simeon,
the son of Judah, the son of Joseph,
the son of Jonam, the son of Eliakim,

31 the son of Melea, the son of Menna,
the son of Mattatha, the son of Nathan,
the son of David, 32 the son of Jesse,
the son of Obed, the son of Boaz,
the son of Salmon,[d] the son of Nahshon,

33 the son of Amminadab, the son of Ram,[e]
the son of Hezron, the son of Perez,
the son of Judah, 34 the son of Jacob,
the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham,
the son of Terah, the son of Nahor,

35 the son of Serug, the son of Reu,
the son of Peleg, the son of Eber,
the son of Shelah, 36 the son of Cainan,
the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem,
the son of Noah, the son of Lamech,

37 the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch,
the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel,
the son of Kenan, 38 the son of Enosh,
the son of Seth, the son of Adam,
the son of God.

Luke 3:23-38

You're right, but I had to chuckle when you listed the lineage with all those names. It reminded me of when I read the Bible in the morning, I like to read along with an audio presentation narrated by Alexander Scourby. He is of Greek descent and has a very good speaking voice. But it amazes me when he comes to listings like that, with all the different names and other tongue twisting passages in scripture, he reads it off without hesitating or tripping up on the pronunciations. He has no problems with some of the difficult to read verses. I don't know how he did it. There are definitely some passages that are very slow to get through but he rattles them off without missing a beat. Some of those I really have to skip over.

But to your point, I think that lineage of both Mary and Joseph are done that way proving their Jewishness....only.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
You're right, but I had to chuckle when you listed the lineage with all those names. It reminded me of when I read the Bible in the morning, I like to read along with an audio presentation narrated by Alexander Scourby. He is of Greek descent and has a very good speaking voice. But it amazes me when he comes to listings like that, with all the different names and other tongue twisting passages in scripture, he reads it off without hesitating or tripping up on the pronunciations. He has no problems with some of the difficult to read verses. I don't know how he did it. There are definitely some passages that are very slow to get through but he rattles them off without missing a beat. Some of those I really have to skip over.

But to your point, I think that lineage of both Mary and Joseph are done that way proving their Jewishness....only.
:lol

Yeah, I agree. Some of those names are hard to pronounce. :nod

I remember at a bible study we were on a chapter about David wanting to show kindness to a relative of Saul's for Jonathan's sake and Mephibosheth came on the scene. When trying to answer a question in our group and thinking I might be able to pull off pronouncing the name ok, it didn't happen so well and it came out something like: Mephibomumblemumble.

Then said, "I call him Mephi for short!" :lol

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Yep. I think I remember his name. Wasn’t he lame and David wanted him eating at the King’s table, without looking that up?

Yes, he was lame and ate at David's table. :nod It's a beautiful picture of grace, especially since Mephibosheth probably expected that he was going to be killed when brought before David. And I think it's a beautiful picture of Christ to come, of whom David is ancestor of.

Just kidding....

Yeah, I figured. :lol

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

Also goes to fulfillment of prophecy. Son of David, etc.

SkyRider

When my wife and I visited there in about 1988, it was really an eye-opening spectacle to see women encircling this shrine to “Mary” on their knees. We hadn't left Catholicism yet, so one is thinking that they are doing something really pious. Looking back now on it, it was a sad example of how easily people can be deceived.

Back