Utility poles igniting over Texas

FaithInChrist

Utility poles igniting in central Texas

Utility pole shuts down I-30

Okay, something very strange happened here and I don't know if it's connected. It happened aroud 5:40 ish. my husband, Matt, was getting ready for work and I was asleep. Right before Matt came in to kiss me goodbye I was awoken with a jolt. I felt like electricity went through my entire body. My arms and legs jerked up off the bed and my torso lurched. I seriously felt like I had been zapped by a defibrilator. I have a spinal cord stimulator in my back and I thought it had somehow malfunctioned. Matt came in and gave me a kiss goodbye and I just talked to him about what happened a few minutes ago. He said that was so weird because right before he gave me a kiss goodbye he was in the bathroom and the lights dimmed and flickered and he thought the electric was going to go out. Now I am wondering what happened and have a call into my doctor because I do not want this thing anymore, if atmospheric conditions can have that kind of effect. I would love to hear if somebody else with a stimulator had a similar experience.

All this being said "they" are blaming these fires on dust in the air from the drought. That however, does not explain what happened at my house with the lights dimming and me feeling like I had been electrocuted.

Has anybody heard of a big solar flare? I do have to say that my stimulator battery is utilized using a magnetic field, a strong magnent turns it off and on. I checked to see if it still works and it does. It also appears that these fires in central TX happened at the same time our lights dimmed and I had my experience. Something tells me this has absolutely nothing to do with dust.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Whatever it was that caused it, Diane, it was likely not the son. the spaceweather dot com site has this on its site today: "For the third day in a row, solar activity is very low. All of the sunspots on the Earthside of the sun are quiet, leading NOAA forecasters to put the daily odds of strong flares at no more than 1%."

I wonder if the military's CHAMP EMP device is being tested in your area?

Joe B

Re: Untilty poles igniting over Texas

All I can say is that the sun has been very quiet for the last few days so unlikely to have anything to do with solar flares.

I have, however, always been concerned with the possible effects of 'Haarp' as this technology is very much an unknown quantity to us mere mortals!
If you want to find out more about it just 'Google' it. Can't point a definite figure that way, but they are up to something with it.

Good point, Adrian, about the Champ EMP device that too is a possibility?

ahlecce

I have often wondered what the effects would be on devices if an EMP was launched. I know several people with pacemakers who have effects when it lightnings. You get tingly and can feel it move through you. It will be very interesting to find out more about this and possible effects of an EMP.

FaithInChrist

It was so strange. Yesterday my friend that lives about an hour south of the metroplex saw dozens of plane flying around, at low altitudes they were leaving behind large trails. She lives out in the middle of nowhere and is familiar with crop dusters, but these were not crop dusters and the planes got her on edge because they were there for so long and they were loud.

She lives out in the country northwest of Hillsboro, Tx. She is about 30 - 45 minutes away from where most of the poles "fired" up in central TX.

Something definitely happened and nothing is being reported, oh wait, dust, dust is being reported. Dust doesn't explain what happened to me. I still want this thing out ASAP. I had it put in December of last year and I want it out in December of this year. LOL

ForgivenOne

Can't imagine what could cause them to catch fire like that, but I have a difficult time believing it was the dust causing the fires myself. Every winter that I turn on my heater it gets a funky smell for the first 30 minutes or so that I'm told is the dust that has accumulated over the spring/summer/fall. It doesn't burst into flames like the utility poles did..... :thinking:

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
As you all know, I am definitely NOT a conspiracist! :lol: But there is definitely SOMETHING going on down there. The planes, the poles, and Diane's "shocking" experience may be completely unrelated, but they may not be. I wish we had some evidence to go on. I spent a fair bit of time today researching information that could perhaps suggest possible causes, without any success (although I was able to rule out electrical storms and related atmospheric phenomena.). Right now we only have conjecture based on what may indeed prove to be coincidence. Wish we had some facts beyond the effects. I'd love to know the cause(s).

Meg

:thinking: Could it be as simple as incompetence or lack of proper maintenance at the electrical relay stations? Wires like that ignite, and what happened to you, dear FaithInChrist are both indicative of the power from the main generating source not being controlled as it should be. This is also known as a surge, which is exactly what the shock you were hit with as well as the way the wires were catching fire at the poles sounds to me like. Anyone know a good electrician to run this by?

FaithInChrist

I really have no idea. I do know that my stimulator has never reacted to energy surges before, from lightening storms and such. It is more magnetically powered. The charger is a magnetic device that works through my skin to charge the battery that is imbedded in my back. So I just cannot imagine that it was just an electric surge, electric storms are very common in Texas.

The weird thing is that it isn't being reported on the news much at all. Just a little news brief type story. When other things happen the news won't let up on it, they report for hours and hours on one tire store on fire. So I guess the way the news is handling it is strange too. Especially since the news station didn't even connect the utility pole fires from central Texas to the one that happened on I-30.

I will most definitely keep everybody posted on anything I hear. I have a call in to St. Jude, which is the company that put in my stimulator and does the maintenance. If whatever happened to me had anything to do with the utility poles then it could not have been an isolated incidence. If others experienced something similar then we might be on to something. If nobody else did then it had to have been a very strange set of coincidences.

The funny thing is when it happened I looked up and saw nothing in the room. I said to Jesus "Did my heart stop and you had to give me a jump" jokingly.

Momof3angels

I'll be praying for you, Faith in Christ, that you will be able to get that stimulator out, and for God's healing for you. :pray:

My husband and I watched a documentary recently called The Dust Bowl. In one of the segments, they said that during the dust storms, people used to attach a wire to cars that would drag along the ground and make tiny sparks. Apparently cars could potentially explode otherwise in the dust storms, and the wires would release the energy somehow. :thinking: So apparently, dust can be a conductor of electricity. Has there been a dust storm there recently?

I had never heard such a thing before, so I really don't know. :idunno:

FaithInChrist

I'll be praying for you, Faith in Christ, that you will be able to get that stimulator out, and for God's healing for you. :pray:

My husband and I watched a documentary recently called The Dust Bowl. In one of the segments, they said that during the dust storms, people used to attach a wire to cars that would drag along the ground and make tiny sparks. Apparently cars could potentially explode otherwise in the dust storms, and the wires would release the energy somehow. :thinking: So apparently, dust can be a conductor of electricity. Has there been a dust storm there recently?

I had never heard such a thing before, so I really don't know. :idunno:
No dust storms, but there is a drought. It was really foggy last night too.

YeuEmMaiMai

most likely a failure of the insulating material on the utility pole.. (the large ceramic spacer between the pole and utility line) those are soaked in oil so that would explain the pole catching on fire as it shorted out....

FaithInChrist

most likely a failure of the insulating material on the utility pole.. (the large ceramic spacer between the pole and utility line) those are soaked in oil so that would explain the pole catching on fire as it shorted out....
Is it common for 60 to fail at one time over several counties?

Okay, my friend that lost power that lives just SW of Waco, who.actually lost power yesterday until the poles in her area were repaired, responded to my post on Facebook. She said her laptop was fried, it's gone. She is wondering if it was more than just a power surge because it was on a high tech surge protector. (her husband is an electrician so he insists).

It just seems like the computers wouldn't be randomly.knocked out. It would be all or nothing?

Carl

I know enough about electronics to know that it wasn't a power surge that did the damage. And from the evidence given on this thread it wasn't really the power lines that are the problem. Based upon what happened with the big solar flare in the late 1800s or early 1900s that sounds more like it. But that can't be the answer because of the spinal cord stimulator that FaithInChrist has is connected to the real world via magnetism.

It really sounds more like what Mattfivefour guessed the champ EMP thing. My guess is that it is exterior to the power transmission system because it sounds like it is over an area covered by more than one circuit and possibly more than one power generation plant.

True that blowing dust can generate static electricity. But I am not aware that it caused problems with electrical equipment in Iraq with the blowing sand storms. Besides static electricity is more high voltage and low current.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, Carl. I like your engineering perspective on this. More and more, as I examine what little evidence there is, I am inclined to think that it was indeed some form of EMP. Possibly it was an experiment that got out of control. for financial reasons if not security reasons, though, the government or the military is NEVER going to reveal it, if indeed this was the cause.

Meg

Thanks, Carl. I like your engineering perspective on this. More and more, as I examine what little evidence there is, I am inclined to think that it was indeed some form of EMP. Possibly it was an experiment that got out of control. for financial reasons if not security reasons, though, the government or the military is NEVER going to reveal it, if indeed this was the cause.
We did some searching on EMP devices and found manufactured devices for sale as well as instructions on how to make one from scratch. This being the case, it may well have been a small time amateur out seeing how effective one of those things actually is. From the sound of the reports from Texas, not very, so that at least is reassuring. But I hope poor FaithInChrist can find some other type of safer device for her medical condition!

Carl

I did some research on the pole fires. One of the electric companies posted that pole fires is a problem in Texas. Especially along the coast. With the dust I was thinking only of dust blowing and generating static electricity. But the electric company said that the dust coats the insulators. Then when there is a heavy mist or a drizzle it moistens the dust, but doesn't wash it off the insulators. This dust causes a conductive path for electricity to the pole which heats the dust paste and the pole to kindle it. The salt in the air near the coast does the same thing.

I also looked at some pole fires on youtube. There were a couple of eye catchers. One of them was a direct short from at least one of the lines to ground. The power lines between the poles really danced from the magnetic attraction caused by the excess current in the wires. I still don't see that as a cause for the problem with the spinal stimulator or the computer burning out.

brethorn56

Even Darwin Believes Now!!!
I work for a utility and can understand the jumping or arcing of electricity. That is not an uncommon phenomenon. What is puzzling to me is how Faith in Christ got shocked from inside her home as a result of the unusual weather conditions and lack of rain. The only thing I can think of is for some reason while Faith was sleeping, the static electricity caused by dry skin rubbing against some type of polyester, maybe fleece, went to ground during the night by touching the carpet or something. For whatever reason, the buildup was high enough it caused instant pain and felt like she got hit with 120 volts (just a guess).

I tried reading about EMP’s and by the time I got through long waves, gamma waves, etc. I knew I was in over my head but I just have a hard time believing an out of control or non-contained EMP test would cause people that kind of sensation especially if it was only felt in one home. Did others in Texas experience the same sensation?

Obie

OK, what's a CHAMP EMP or whatever? Someone needs to put an index on this site so I know what stuff means?

FaithInChrist

I think I discovered how I got shocked and I don't think it had anything to do with my SCS. I was changing the sheets yesterday and I went to pull off the top corner of the fitted sheet and I found wedged between the headboard and the mattress (with inner metal springs) an extension cord that has my cell phone charger plugged into it. The unused side of the extension cord (garden variety indoor cord) was flat against the corner of the mattress and you could feel the metal spring that it was pressed up against.

I am thinking when the power surge hit and the lights dimmed a surge also came out of the extension cord enough to pass a current through the mattress and shock me since I was laying on the mattress. I am just not sure how I was grounded??

Any ideas on this new piece of info would be helpful.

By the way, I took the extension cord off and completely away from my bed. I feel fortunate that we never had a fire from this, I guess I never thought the electricity could "jump" out of the cord.

P.S. I am so sorry if I caused any to worry, that was not my intention. I seriously was very concerned myself because I knew I felt something the same time the power surged, and my first thought was my scs.

Last edited: