US working with Poland to provide Ukraine with fighter jets

Footsteps

Putin has played the West like a fiddle with street bully intimidation. Another example of a wrong response by Biden: When Putin implied nuclear war if we “interfered” with his war crimes, the right response would have been to remind him that we have the same capabilities. The Cuckoo’s Nest response was to say nothing because we didn’t want to descend to barbaric rhetoric. La De Da! How is Milley’s Chinese counterpart going to react to Milley’s notice to him that we are firing nukes at China? I hope both parties bow and hold their teacups properly!

Footsteps

Listening to the former national security advisor for VP Mike Pence on Fox news, he says that technically by providing the fighter jets and other military equipment this would be considered a "proxy war" by the US and the other nations who are assisting Ukraine in this manner. I wonder if Putin is looking at it this way.
Of course he is. We are going to have to face the fact that interpretations, intimidations, viewpoints, etc. by Putin play to Putin’s advantage. So far he has scared us to death when we are not constructing a new fear ourselves. We are going to lose if we can’t act decisively. Talk, dithering, and the paralysis of analysis serve us poorly.

Wings Like Eagles

No offense, but I can’t respond to rumors and speculation. The events the free world can see for themselves prove that the U.S. must act. As I type this I am watching yet another interview on Fox with a Russian citizen. The truth is available to them and thousands of Russians are trying to
get to Finland - LONG WAITS. Everyone knows that it’s 12 days into the 2-3 day war that was planned. Russian Moms know exactly where their missing sons are.
Why is it that "the U.S. must act" to defend the Ukrainians but not act to defend the Yemenis from the 40+ sorties that Saudi Arabian planes flew over Yemen, killing many, many Yemenis in one day, recently? There are many such examples. Aren't the Yemenis as valuable as the Ukrainians then? How about the Tibetans when China took them over? How will we react when the Chinese move against Taiwan as they very likely will? Do we value some over others because the media decides to lionize them? One cynic said that if CNN doesn't cover a story, the injustice will never be looked at (this was before CNN lost all credibility).

Last edited:

MapleLeaf

I thought Taiwan's stability is more crucial to world stability. Isn't it where a lot of our microchips are assembled? And then there is the control of the seas in that general area. And the US is obligated to protect Japan should China get too uppity.

But overall, I am losing interest in this story. More nationalism and taking care of our own problems at home would interest me more. Back in the day, like, way back, most of us would not even know what Ukraine was. Well, I guess I would because my family was from there (whoops) but I kind of long for the day when we had no clue what the other side of the world is doing. Actually, that is still true. I'm getting sick of weeding through all the different feeds and accounts. I will find one that seems reasonable and suddenly it is sharing doctored stories and photos and claiming it's true.

Sending planes seems like a very bad idea unless everyone is willing to commit to actually doing something. This half-hearted, non-committal nonsense is driving me nuts. It is all designed to demoralize all of us and more dependent on the government.

Footsteps

Why is it that "the U.S. must act" to defend the Ukrainians but not act to defend the Yemenis from the 40+ sorties that Saudi Arabian planes flew over Yemen, killing many, many Yemenis? There are many such examples. Aren't the Yemenis as valuable as the Ukrainians then? How about the Tibetans when China took them over? How will we react when the Chinese move against Taiwan as they very likely will? Do we value some over others because the media decides to lionize them? One cynic said that if CNN doesn't cover a story, the injustice will never be looked at (this was before CNN lost all credibility).
I thought Taiwan's stability is more crucial to world stability. Isn't it where a lot of our microchips are assembled? And then there is the control of the seas in that general area. And the US is obligated to protect Japan should China get too uppity.

But overall, I am losing interest in this story. More nationalism and taking care of our own problems at home would interest me more. Back in the day, like, way back, most of us would not even know what Ukraine was. Well, I guess I would because my family was from there (whoops) but I kind of long for the day when we had no clue what the other side of the world is doing. Actually, that is still true. I'm getting sick of weeding through all the different feeds and accounts. I will find one that seems reasonable and suddenly it is sharing doctored stories and photos and claiming it's true.

Sending planes seems like a very bad idea unless everyone is willing to commit to actually doing something. This half-hearted, non-committal nonsense is driving me nuts. It is all designed to demoralize all of us and more dependent on the government.
That is right and you just answered your own question about Taiwan. As for Putin’s war, if he wrecks NATO, America will be gravely damaged.

Wings Like Eagles

That is right and you just answered your own question about Taiwan. As for Putin’s war, if he wrecks NATO, America will be gravely damaged.
How so? According to Trump, NATO has outlived its usefulness. NATO was convinced of its own importance in the days when the Russians were supposed to come pouring through the Fulda Gap onto a helpless Germany. Did the Russians do that? Apparently, Germany wasn't that concerned about it as they never supported NATO to the level that they were supposed to and Germany is the richest country in Europe.

Footsteps

And no, one nation such as Yemen or Tibet does not contain humans that are less valuable. But we can’t save the world militarily. We can only put America first when it comes to survival.
How so? According to Trump, NATO has outlived its usefulness. NATO was convinced of its own importance in the days when the Russians were supposed to come pouring through the Fulda Gap onto a helpless Germany. Did the Russians do that? Apparently, Germany wasn't that concerned about it as they never supported NATO to the level that they were supposed to and Germany is the richest country in Europe.
You haven’t been keeping up with the news. Germany has awakened and realized that, as horrendous as it is, Putin must be stopped. They joined the SWIFT exclusion and I think that they realize now that Putin must be stopped before NATO winds up with another Berlin Wall.

Lovin Jesus

I don't think NATO has a significance anymore. Europe has been planning a new European military that Macrons has been pushing since 2018 when Trump went to France and Macron said NATO wasn't strong anymore and began to promote the ten nation military army. Being that talks of a United states of Europe has been happening they might just put that army together and NATO will be history

Footsteps

I don't think NATO has a significance anymore. Europe has been planning a new European military that Macrons has been pushing since 2018 when Trump went to France and Macron said NATO wasn't strong anymore and began to promote the ten nation military army. Being that talks of a United states of Europe has been happening they might just put that army together and NATO will be history
That may well be the end result. But right now they need to fight or die.

Wings Like Eagles

And no, one nation such as Yemen or Tibet does not contain humans that are less valuable. But we can’t save the world militarily. We can only put America first when it comes to survival.
If the truth be told, the Dems have done so much damage to the U.S. in many ways, that it needs to concentrate on defending itself from the globalist cabal who want to eliminate national sovereignty throughout the world. Baggeyes Moneybags was quoted some time ago, saying that his greatest achievement would be the destruction of the U.S. Why is he even permitted to be a U.S. citizen. The globalists talk out of both sides of their mouths--they cry crocodile tears over "Ukraine sovereignty", but they are actually hostile toward U.S. sovereignty. Otherwise, they would have never proposed the Pacific trade agreement (which Trump said absolutely undercut U.S. sovereignty and eliminated U.S. participation).
You haven’t been keeping up with the news. Germany has awakened and realized that, as horrendous as it is, Putin must be stopped. They joined the SWIFT exclusion and I think that they realize now that Putin must be stopped before NATO winds up with another Berlin Wall.
Will they be meeting their NATO obligations with Euros? I doubt it--not when they can get a free ride. And yes, I was aware that they joined the SWIFT exclusion--but that costs them nothing.

Lovin Jesus

I can't see Putin giving up a second time. I was listening to a retired General saying that if Ukraine were to get a no fly zone for Russia, a way that it can be done is if the UN does it. I don't know if it could or would but my thoughts have been wondering whether this Russian leader is the Gog of Ezekiel because if he is that makes a difference on how this war works out. If he isn't Gog, then alot can still happen for the next Russian leader to surface.

Footsteps

I can't see Putin giving up a second time. I was listening to a retired General saying that if Ukraine were to get a no fly zone for Russia, a way that it can be done is if the UN does it. I don't know if it could or would but my thoughts have been wondering whether this Russian leader is the Gog of Ezekiel because if he is that makes a difference on how this war works out. If he isn't Gog, then alot can still happen for the next Russian leader to surface.
You are right. The hook in the jaw may be a return to Russia (temporarily) by this Putin clown show.