US Supreme Court preserves broad access to abortion pill

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
US Supreme Court preserves broad access to abortion pill
"As a result of the Supreme Court's stay, mifepristone remains available and approved for safe and effective use while we continue this fight in the courts," Biden said.
By REUTERS

The US Supreme Court on Friday blocked new restrictions set by lower courts on a widely used abortion pill, delivering a victory to President Joe Biden's administration as it defends broad access to the drug in the latest fierce legal battle over reproductive rights in the United States.

The justices, in a brief order, granted emergency requests by the Justice Department and the pill's manufacturer Danco Laboratories to put on hold an April 7 preliminary injunction issued by US District Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk in Texas. The judge's order would greatly limit the availability of mifepristone while litigation proceeds in a challenge by anti-abortion groups to its federal regulatory approval.

Biden said in a statement issued by the White House, "As a result of the Supreme Court's stay, mifepristone remains available and approved for safe and effective use while we continue this fight in the courts."

more............ https://www.jpost.com/american-politics/article-739931

Baby Yoda

Watchman
Until this case surfaced I had no idea there was a pill for abortion (other than the morning after pill)-- always thought they had to do it by operation.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
This makes me so mad. I look at those pills they are showing on the news, and all I can think is that every single one of those pills is a dead baby. :(

Still far, far too many dead babies, but the medication is also used for other things that aren't evil.

Back