1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US source: Trump will ask Netanyahu to curb West Bank settlement activity

Discussion in 'Israel & Middle East News' started by Chris, May 18, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

US source: Trump will ask Netanyahu to curb West Bank settlement activity
    By Michael Wilner
    May 18, 2017 18:58
    President "has not abandoned the two-state solution," senior White House official says; Western Wall visit without Israeli officials.
    WHAT DEAL will President Donald Trump try to push when he gets to Israel later this month?

US President Donald Trump will repeat his opposition to settlement growth in the West Bank during his first visit to the region next week – and expects the Israeli government to acknowledge that his position has been heard, a senior White House official said on Thursday. The president will visit Jerusalem and Bethlehem during his visit on Monday and Tuesday, meeting with both Israeli and Palestinian leaders, after attending an “Arab Islamic summit” in Riyadh over the weekend.

He will not arrive in Jerusalem – or Riyadh – proposing diplomatic frameworks or road maps of any kind for Israeli-Arab peace, the official said. “This is not a trip in which the president comes and says, ‘Here’s my peace plan,’” the official said. “We’re not looking at something formal yet – perhaps down the road.”

more................http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/US...als-Israel-curbing-settlement-activity-492157

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I heard the trip was costing the U.S. taxpayers $100M. I wonder what he is going over there for if he is not there to pitch ideas?

sara ann likes this.
  3. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

We don't know what's true anymore.

sara ann likes this.
  4. sara ann

sara ann Well-Known Member

this will be interesting...but...as daygo says will we get the truth? I doubt it...this is like cutting the dogs tail off a piece at the time...

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 6:43 AM
  5. Timna

Timna Well-Known Member

One-hundred million? What is a few hundred million here or there? We are just talking about money after all..........albeit "Monopoly" money. I read an article during the former reign of the "occupier" that claimed his golf vacations had cost the taxpayers close to a billion dollars, but I don't remember the source at the moment. That didn't take into account his other trips. So, living large for Hussein was arguably more of a perk (for a community organizer) than it will be for Trump, but Trump will enjoy taxpayer perks as well.