US officials soft peddle crisis with Netanyahu, say Israel’s a key partner

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
US officials soft peddle crisis with Netanyahu, say Israel’s a key partner
“Our commitment to Israel is ironclad and steadfast, and that will continue to be the case,” State Dept. spokesperson Vedant Patel told reporters in Washington.
By TOVAH LAZAROFF, OMRI NAHMIAS

United States officials tried to soft-pedal the Biden administration crisis with Israel as a “dispute with friends" even as it insisted that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government must stop fast-tracking its judicial reform through the Knesset.

“Our commitment to Israel is ironclad and steadfast, and that will continue to be the case,” State Department spokesperson Vedant Patel told reporters in Washington, adding that “sometimes the best of friends can disagree.”

“Israel is a key and important partner as it relates to not just the region but our efforts across the world,” he emphasized. He spoke positively even as US officials upheld Biden’s calls for Netanyahu to employ a consensus process that includes both opposition and coalition politicians in any judicial reform process.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/article-735879

DanLMP

Our commitment to Israel is ironclad and steadfast, and that will continue to be the case,” State Dept. spokesperson Vedant Patel told reporters in Washington.

I call "cow fritters" on this statement.
The US's interest in Israel is self serving.
The US is only interested in Israel so long as Israel follows our orders.
The US is only interested in Israel because it makes us look good.

Most of the US Presidents since 1948, save one or two, would have gladly fed Israel to the dogs if they thought they could get away with it.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.

Most of the US Presidents since 1948, save one or two, would have gladly fed Israel to the dogs if they thought they could get away with it.
Which one or two did you have in mind ?
Just curious...

jab777

Truman for sure had Israel’s back. Believe it or not Nixon sure did. He told the military to send everything that could fly to help them in 1973. Most assuredly Trump had their back. I think JFK and LBJ were supportive of them and I can’t imagine Eisenhower or Reagan weren’t supportive. The ones who clearly weren’t supportive were both of the Bushes, Clinton, Carter, Obama and Biden. They were more on the side of the Arabs in varying degrees. Of this lot, Carter’s motives with the Camp David accords might have been cleaner but the rest of them not so much. Oh yeah, almost forgot: FDR promised the Saudi king at the time that he would do everything he could to prevent the formation of the Jewish state. 3 weeks later he died of a cerebral hemorrhage in Warm Springs. Yes he was in bad health but I found that interesting.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Truman for sure had Israel’s back. Believe it or not Nixon sure did. He told the military to send everything that could fly to help them in 1973. Most assuredly Trump had their back. I think JFK and LBJ were supportive of them and I can’t imagine Eisenhower or Reagan weren’t supportive. The ones who clearly weren’t supportive were both of the Bushes, Clinton, Carter, Obama and Biden. They were more on the side of the Arabs in varying degrees. Of this lot, Carter’s motives with the Camp David accords might have been cleaner but the rest of them not so much. Oh yeah, almost forgot: FDR promised the Saudi king at the time that he would do everything he could to prevent the formation of the Jewish state. 3 weeks later he died of a cerebral hemorrhage in Warm Springs. Yes he was in bad health but I found that interesting.
JFK and LBJ were both big supporters of Israel.

The biggest haters of Israel would go to
Obiden Inc.
No doubt about it.

jab777

JFK and LBJ were both big supporters of Israel.

The biggest haters of Israel would go to
Obiden Inc.
No doubt about it.
Part of the reason JFK and LBJ were supporters was: 1) in JFK’s case he traveled extensively in the Middle East and he knew a great deal of the history of the region. He also thought the Jews needed a country. His brother Bobby felt the same way and he too had traveled extensively over there. 2) LBJ’s grandfather was a preacher with a great heart for the Jewish people. He told him that if he ever got a chance to help the Jews to do all he could for them. He never forgot that and when he was in Congress he helped establish a community in Texas for the Jews. So yeah, they cared about the Jewish people. Nixon’s mother had given him a message when he was a kid about helping the Jews when he grew up. Along the lines of the message LBJ got from his grandfather.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
This got me thinking, if there was a masonic connection, but FDR and Truman were both masons.

jab777

The story I hear on Truman is that he was moved to help Israel because he was called by the man who was Truman's partner in his haberdashery, who was a Jew.
Yep. Eddie Jacobson. They served together in Europe during WWI. Also Truman knew the Bible thoroughly so he knew the Jews were destined to have a homeland.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Some nations take to heart God's promise, for He has an excellent track record:

Genesis 12:3 HCSB
I will bless those who bless you, I will curse those who treat you with contempt, and all the peoples on earth will be blessed through you.

mphsmom

The U.S. leadership doesn't really care about Israel at all, just what they can use Israel for. We know for sure the U.S. won't do anything to protect Israel.

DanLMP

I love history and have always been the sort who grew up having my face in a book and am still the same way.

I like history too but never really got into it. My memory is so bad that anything that I hear or learn quickly goes down the rabbit hole. Except for stupid stuff that I don't really need to retain.

Back