US Justice Dept. names war crimes expert as special counsel for Trump probes

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
US Justice Dept. names war crimes expert as special counsel for Trump probes
Justice Department officials have enlisted human rights experts in further Trump probes.
By REUTERS
Published: NOVEMBER 18, 2022

US Attorney General Merrick Garland on Friday named Jack Smith, a war crimes prosecutor, to serve as special counsel to oversee Justice Department investigations tied to Donald Trump involving the former president's handling of sensitive documents and efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

Garland's announcement came three days after Trump, a Republican, announced he would run for president again in 2024. Garland said Trump's candidacy, as well as Democratic President Biden's stated intention to run for re-election, made the appointment of a special counsel necessary. Special counsels are sometimes appointed to investigate politically sensitive cases and they do their jobs with a degree of independence from the Justice Department leadership.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/international/article-722790

GHoe

Trump may want to stop bad mouthing DeSantis if he wants any shot at a pardon in the future. I think he's gonna need one.

Kenny

Trump may want to stop bad mouthing DeSantis if he wants any shot at a pardon in the future. I think he's gonna need one.

Nah, this is just another political witch hunt that will turn up nothing IMO. The House Republicans are making noises of investigating Hunter Biden, so Garland thought it necessary to put Trump back in the crosshairs.:mafia

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Why would he need a pardon?
This is just another display of gross negligence
by this particular wicked , incompetent, corrupted to the core, American hating administration.
Just more political theater to keep a CONSTANT negative light upon Donald Trump.

Back