US forced to down spy drone hit by Russian fighter jets over Black Sea

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
US forced to down spy drone hit by Russian fighter jets over Black Sea
The United States will on Tuesday afternoon summon Russia's ambassador to Washington to discuss the downed drone.
By REUTERS

Russia's defense ministry said on Tuesday that its fighter jets did not come into contact with a US drone that crashed into the Black Sea earlier, claiming instead that the drone crashed due to "sharp maneuvering."

"The Russian fighters did not use their onboard weapons, did not come into contact with the UAV and returned safely to their home airfield," the defense ministry said. A Russian Su-27 fighter jet intercepted and struck the propeller of a US military MQ-9 "Reaper" surveillance drone on Tuesday, causing it to crash into the Black Sea, in the first such incident since Russia's invasion of Ukraine over a year ago.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-734317

NewWine2020

We should not even be there.

The liberal regime presently occupying our govt are intentionally provoking them.

Biden's protecting his money laundering and corrupt business dealings, the WEF and the other elites are using it to sow fear and suffering, keeping the world constantly on edge (and ready to embrace a strong man who can solve things with a "great reset") & Russia is being goaded into becoming the Gog/Magog the Bible speaks of.

I feel so bad for the everyday Ukrainian AND Russian people who don't want this.

DanLMP

Video is currently available showing the incident.

The Russians jets dumped fuel aft of the drone in an attempt to do what I'm not sure. On the second pass the propeller of the drone was contacted in some way. The video doesn't show the details.

The drone is pusher propeller driven. In the last frames of the video you can clearly see that one of the propeller blades is bent.

At that point it was evidently decided to ditch the drone into the sea.

The US position is that the depth of water in that area, 4000ish feet I understand, is too deep to make recovery worthwhile, for either the US or Russia. I have not heard whether Russia will or will not attempt a recovery.

The US says that any sensitive equipment onboard was destroyed and that a Russian recovery would be useless. There must be some self destruct packages onboard.

Back