US fighter jet shoots down object over Canada, Trudeau says

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
US fighter jet shoots down object over Canada, Trudeau says
The Pentagon on Friday offered only a few details, including that the object was the size of a small car and that it was flying at about 40,000 feet.
By REUTERS
Published: FEBRUARY 11, 2023

A US F-22 fighter jet shot down an unidentified object over Canada on Saturday, the second such shootdown in as many days, as North America appeared on heightened alert following a week-long Chinese spying balloon saga that drew the global spotlight.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced the shootdown on Twitter and said it took place over the Yukon territory in the country's north. He said Canadian forces would recover and analyze the wreckage from the object.

Trudeau also said he had spoken with US President Joe Biden about the incident, a day after Biden ordered a shootdown of an unidentified flying object over sea ice near Deadhorse, Alaska. The US military on Saturday was still tight-lipped about what, if anything, it had learned as recovery efforts were underway.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-731305

alisani

This was a NORAD area under attack requiring a joint response. Two American and two Canadian jets were deployed. The American jet fired one Sidewinder. Cost of missile: $500,000. The Canadian jets were F18s. Canada will collect the spy debris in conjunction with the FBI.
But we can't really trust any analysis of that debris provided by either government can we? I know God has the situation in hand, but I'm very curious about the sudden appearance of these "objects".

RedRx

My gut feeling is that China is testing us as a precursor to whatever they are planning. Having said that three incidents in a little over one week seems excessive even for China. The problem I have is that I really don’t feel like I can trust any official government explanation whenever that happens which is sad to say but I’m being honest.

SkyRider

Maybe China is planning a Black Sunday, this being Super Bowl Sunday. If you remember the film, a blimp was flown over the Super Bowl, loaded with explosives and a threat to detonate it. Maybe they don't like Rhianna??

SkyRider

I suppose that Biden is still not demanding answers from the Chinese ambassador :mad:

How many AIMs or sidewinders now? 4? A couple of million dollars worth? :mad:

All these sorties of jet fighters spewing exhaust fumes to knock them out of the sky is going to tick off the climate change whackos.

MapleLeaf

I still can't believe the big fear story in the news is balloons. We live in the stupidest timeline. We just finished watching Back to the Future with the kids and I am sad we don't have our flying cars and hover boards (with power!). That would have at least been interesting. Save the Clock Tower!

athenasius

It's getting ridiculous imo.
and now the one over Lake Huron.

It's like a late night infomercial for some gadget with the salesman yelling BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!!

That sad part is that it show how badly our air force is equipped, -- in neither case were we equipped to shoot anything down including a hot air balloon of some sort.

The RCAF is supposed to be getting new jets, but that's still a couple of years away. Meanwhile daylight is a wasting as my dad used to say and our ability to equip our Air Force is gone with it.

And I'm not just referring to jets but missiles, and guns and other things that deter bad people.

We are down to calling for help from America and hoping they answer our 911 call in time.

Otherwise we are back to whatever sharp and pointy things we can muster to fling at the enemy balloons bobbing their way across our skies.

Trudeau will scold China and they will give him the raspberry or worse.

Back