US believes Russia may soon launch cyberattacks against critical American infrastructure: source

ShilohRose

I read an article earlier stating that the WH is using the Russia/Ukraine situation as a distraction from the US problems being caused by the Demonrats and by putting focus on war, which the article explained that if war is declared it will automatically put a stay or freeze on the 2022 elections which they know they are likely going to lose. If Congress approves war declaration they will use it to not have the election take place giving them more time to plan a way to secure their position in power. It certainly makes sense if Congress is able to stay the November election by the US going to war.

I have not heard that war would put a freeze on Congressional elections. From what I remember, elections continued throughout war time.

Lovin Jesus

I wonder how much the average citizen is following this? I have not heard anyone talking about it nor have I seen anything on face book about it.
It's impossible to find factual information.

Ignorance is bliss, right??
I usually flip back and forth between three news networks on TV. Two are 100% conservative and then the iffy one Fox News because they at times do report accurate news but they also have been found to stand by their "balanced and unafraid" motto which only means they give the platform to both sides, whether it's true or not they report it. That's why I check the other two News Max and Oann which is being removed by AT&T and direct tv because of the strong conservative stance they hold. What I hear on the TV news networks of it's something big or sounds a bit controversial I will go online to confirm whether it's fact or not. I don't pay attention to any of the liberal MSM. They don't even hide their bias against conservatives.
What I often find is that it's the WH that's is giving mixed messages to the journalists. All of yesterday I heard that our troops are on high alert for deployment. Every news network was reporting on this. But then at the end of the day the WH makes this statement:

"Biden says US will not deploy combat troops to Ukraine"

“We have no intention of putting American forces or NATO forces in Ukraine. But we — I said there are going to be serious economic consequences if he moves,” Biden said Tuesday during a stop in Washington, D.C., warning that the effects of a Russian invasion would stretch worldwide."
More:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...s-us-will-not-deploy-combat-troops-to-ukraine

So all day Biden was giving the impression that US with NATO would back up Ukraine in the case that war breaks out, thenakes a clear message at the end of the day that he has "No intentions" of aiding Ukraine with boots on the ground. So, as you say it is difficult to determine facts especially when it's coming from the mouths of the neverending lying and deceiving left. Facts always matters. The only way to determine facts is to see it to believe it.

Lovin Jesus

I have not heard that war would put a freeze on Congressional elections. From what I remember, elections continued throughout war time.
I did research this being that the statement came from an analyst and not a journalist. What I found is that this has never happened in the history of the US. But, neither did a complete blackout ever happen during an election that had the electronic voting count system be out over night and the lead change dramatically by the tens of thousands to cause a obvious losing opponent take the lead and defeat the incumbent president running for re election. So, the point of that analyst was that it could happen for the Democrats who have the power right now in Congress to give it a try because the Democrats are desperate to stay on power and they know they will lose. It's a wait and see what they do situation. To sum it up, it's never been done before but it's possible they will try anything to not lose power.

ChildofLight

It wouldn’t be really hard to take down a country when it’s entire infrastructure is ran by computers. We’ve had examples in small areas but to take it to a larger level will be devastating. Starting with the gas pumps, imagine a country that can’t move people/products.