US and NATO say Russia is building up troops near Ukraine, not withdrawing

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
US and NATO say Russia is building up troops near Ukraine, not withdrawing
The Russian defense ministry said its forces were pulling back after exercises in southern and western military districts near Ukraine.
By REUTERS
Published: FEBRUARY 16, 2022

The United States and NATO said Russia was still building up troops around Ukraine on Wednesday despite Moscow's insistence it was pulling back, questioning President Vladimir Putin's stated desire to negotiate a solution to the crisis. In Ukraine, where people raised flags and played the national anthem to show unity against fears of an invasion, the government said a cyberattack that hit the defense ministry was the worst of its kind that the country had seen. It pointed the finger towards Russia, which denied involvement.

The Russian defense ministry said its forces were pulling back after exercises in southern and western military districts near Ukraine - part of a huge build-up that was accompanied by demands for sweeping security guarantees from Washington and NATO. It published a video that it said showed tanks, infantry fighting vehicles and self-propelled artillery units leaving the Crimean peninsula, which Moscow seized from Ukraine in 2014. But US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said key Russian units were moving towards the border, not away.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/international/article-696701

Dave_97

At this point I don’t know what’s going on. Why waste so much money taking so much of your military to the border of Ukraine. Yes, Putin probably was using it to try and strike a deal with NATO so they can accept his requests. Clearly that’s not working, so is he actually going to attack? Such a confusing situation.

I think I’m 50/50 on this. I’m no geopolitical expert but the fact that they brought field hospitals shows that this is not only a bluff to try and strike some deals with NATO. It means Putin might actually attack.

On the other side, the ramifications that could come after the attack might be something that could deter Putin from actually attacking.

The other scenario is that there is something going on around this whole situation that we are not hearing on the news or anywhere else. Could it be a distraction from something? I don’t know (I’m speculating here).

Either way we will know what will happen in the coming days to weeks. Putin will have to make his decision soon.

athenasius

The other scenario is that there is something going on around this whole situation that we are not hearing on the news or anywhere else. Could it be a distraction from something? I don’t know (I’m speculating here).
I'm going to go with the concept that the Holy Spirit is restraining this in some way for God's own purposes --possibly timing of Gog taking back some of Magog territory.

I watched a lot of that in the years before the Trump peace plan came out. It was delayed again and again, and obviously against the wills of all involved. Including Macron of France who inserted himself in the proceeding twice, to speed up the release. Both times he was smacked down by events beyond his control. The Yellow Vest protests in France broke out, then the next spring he tried again, and Notre Dame burnt down. That thing didn't come out for another 10 months I think it was. And it certainly seemed to have plenty to do with Israel plus it indirectly launched the Abraham Accords when Israel and Trump set it aside. And that was late January 2020, and we all know what happened next.

I think God is stopping things for now. By human reason it should mean war, yet none of it is making sense by the usual rules.

When that happens, especially when it might have something to do with Israel and prophecy, then look up because God might be doing something.

It might not be time for Russia to control this part of Magog (the Ukraine is part of the Magog territory). When God allows all the troops to come together-- Gog, Magog and the Ezek 38 gang, then we are on the verge of Ezek 38.

What this says is that we aren't quite ready for the Gog Magog invasion of Israel, and some things have to continue to be put into place for that event. That will come. And quite probably Russia will take the Ukraine, piece by piece if they have to. Their Duma (parliament) voted that Donbas and Luhansk both Ukrainian areas be legally considered by Russia as INDEPENDANT, which then means they could ask Russia to come in, to "help" and bypass the Ukrainian govt, and annex the Donbas and Luhansk areas.

The Rapture meanwhile doesn't depend on that or any other event, it could happen anytime. But the closer we get to Ezek and the time of the Tribulation-- the Rapture is even closer.

NewWine2020

If Russia is not invading Ukraine then this action is simply to extend the drama.
I wonder if Putin is charging money for tickets to the show?

If he was, our government would be quite wiling to spend taxpayer $$$ to buy up those tickets. :)