Update On Impeachment!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Republicans Vote Down Chuck Schumer's Amendment Requesting White House Documents

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer's (D-NY) proposed amendment to request documents from the White House regarding the decision to withhold military aid to Ukraine was voted down along party lines during the first day of the Senate impeachment trial into President Trump.

The Senate's trial is deliberating on the two articles of impeachment, abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, that was passed in a December partisan vote in the House.

The vote was 53-47, with no Republicans defecting.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2020/01/21/republicans-vote-down-chuck-schumers-amendment-requesting-white-house-documents-n2559893

Seeing this gives me some hope. I don't trust Republicans overall, and least of all the female Senator from the state of Alaska. She lost the Republican primary, then ran as a write in opponent, and democrats voted for her instead of their own person running because the dems in Alaska knew their own person running didn't stand a chance. She actually won, barely, as a write-in candidate. I'm sure some republicans voted for her too, but it was mostly democrats that kept her in the Senate... and her positions reflect that.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I wonder how long they will drag this scam out. Jay Sekulow is one of Trump's lawyers. Hopefully, they will get this over with as soon as possible!
A big concern for me is that there are probably a good number of Republican Senators who would like to see President Trump gone... Hopefully they'll toe the line so they don't mess up their next re-election chances...

DanLMP

A big concern for me is that there are probably a good number of Republican Senators who would like to see President Trump gone... Hopefully they'll toe the line so they don't mess up their next re-election chances...
The Dems tried to get 11 rules passed before they could get started.
All 11 rules were voted down along party lines, no members crossed party lines.

I consider that mildly encouraging.

moosejive

UPDATE
Chuck Schumer describes Adam Schiff's two hour speech as a Tour de Farce! I think that's like the Tour de France but with more steroids.
I tried watching Shiftless’s speech , but could not .....all I can think of when I see him is,”What a self righteous prig.....” and turn him off. I’ll read summaries of the hogwash the Dems put out as “facts”

Andy C

Im pushing the envelope by posting this, but it made me laugh out loud. Sorry if it offends.

From a random comment I read in reponse to an impeachment article:

“The only net result of the DemonRATS efforts to impeach President
Trump will be the addition of the following words and phrases of "urban
significance" to Mirriam & Webster's 2020 American Dictionary:

Schiffhead
Schiff For Brains
Chicken Schiff
Bat Schiff Crazy
Schiff The Bed
Smells Like Schiff
Looks Like Schiff
Must Be Schiff

ByGod'sGrace

I can barely stand to even read the news about this; all I feel and see is pure hatred from the Democrats. They are totally insane with their hatred in getting rid of the President. They would rather undo the Constitution to get rid of the President and destroy our nation than act in a civilized, rational manner. It is very telling about Satan being behind this...he is out to kill and destroy.

Lynn

They would rather undo the Constitution to get rid of the President and destroy our nation than act in a civilized, rational manner. It is very telling about Satan being behind this...
You've got this exactly right, even though it hurts to acknowledge the truth of it. I think the Church won't see the end of this year, (on earth).
Note to mods: no date setting here, 'just been feeling this way for some time now.'
Anyway, hope that's ok to say :cool:

ByGod'sGrace

You've got this exactly right, even though it hurts to acknowledge the truth of it. I think the Church won't see the end of this year, (on earth).
Note to mods: no date setting here, 'just been feeling this way for some time now.'
I agree with you....every day I awake, I'm surprised we're still here! In God's perfect timing....*come on, last Gentile!! I'm praying for you!*

madcat

Agreed. There is no way this demonic insanity is going to be contained from here until the trib. The left is beyond having a rational thought, and it appears they are reprobate “on steroids”.
IF the senate throws this smelly impeachment out, let me predict now, they will impeach him again within a few weeks. This won’t stop.
With the weasels like Murkowski, Collins, “Moroni Mitt”, and Alexander, the senate can be “bought” very easily.
There will never be another bipartisan thing done in D.C., just never.
What I do see if things continue to escalate (like VA), is pushing people far enough that they will come back fighting - as in “give me liberty or give me death”. A repeat of the Boston Tea Party.
:mad::mad:

Kenny

The Dems tried to get 11 rules passed before they could get started.
All 11 rules were voted down along party lines, no members crossed party lines.

I consider that mildly encouraging.
It is discouraging right now, because all we are seeing is the Schiff Sham Show, and it appears they are making a case against the President, but remember their manufactured case is based not on facts, but hearsay, 2nd and 3rd hand testimonials. They are the prosecution, and they are trying to get Republican Senators to cross over with them (I don't think it's working). Their time will eventually end, and they will have to sit there in silence while the President's defense team will systematically dismantle all of the Schiff Sham Show arguments. There case is so weak and flimsy, it should be easy to do.
Then, hopefully the Senate will dismiss the charges, and President Trump will be exonerated (I hope).:D

crossnote

Im pushing the envelope by posting this, but it made me laugh out loud. Sorry if it offends.

From a random comment I read in reponse to an impeachment article:

“The only net result of the DemonRATS efforts to impeach President
Trump will be the addition of the following words and phrases of "urban
significance" to Mirriam & Webster's 2020 American Dictionary:

Schiffhead
Schiff For Brains
Chicken Schiff
Bat Schiff Crazy
Schiff The Bed
Smells Like Schiff
Looks Like Schiff
Must Be Schiff
Personally, I like 'Schiff-less'

AWillow

I’m not date setting either but I felt like God was saying to me we’re not going to see past the end of this year but who knows I hope so I’m so ready to be out of here I’m sick of this world along with cell phones SUVs sorry people that like SUVs (lol) but people are just so awful these days I want to be in heaven!!

AWillow

It is discouraging right now, because all we are seeing is the Schiff Sham Show, and it appears they are making a case against the President, but remember their manufactured case is based not on facts, but hearsay, 2nd and 3rd hand testimonials. They are the prosecution, and they are trying to get Republican Senators to cross over with them (I don't think it's working). Their time will eventually end, and they will have to sit there in silence while the President's defense team will systematically dismantle all of the Schiff Sham Show arguments. There case is so weak and flimsy, it should be easy to do.
Then, hopefully the Senate will dismiss the charges, and President Trump will be exonerated (I hope).:D
Keep praying everyone!!!

Footsteps

It seems worse than it is because people like Adam Schiff make people like us "lose our religion". I personally have never seen an exhibition of arrogance comparable to his. He is a CARICATURE OF HIMSELF, wandering from mood to exaggerated mood, flooding the air with unbelievable superiority and condescension.
The entire country is getting tired of the Hate Trump movement, whether they will admit it or not. They have heard nothing but lie after lie. The cake is baked. It is DONE. It is BURNT with black crumbs tumbling into everybody's face. After the Impeachment lie crumbles into dust, WHAT IS LEFT TO LIE ABOUT?? Are the Dems going to claim Trump is an extraterrestrial?