Update On Impeachment!

Nemophilist

Praying it is so, but there are some Republicans in Congress, murkoski and that Morman wantabe president guy come to mind, who are as evil as the democrats, and might vote to impeach not because a crime was committed but because they hate everything good that Trump represents. I hope there aren't enough of those types in the Senate to prevail with the democrats, and I hope there are some democrats who have a conscious who will recognize that it is a sham and will vote appropriately.
It literally makes me sick that I voted for that 'mormon wannabe president'. But I didn't feel I had any choice at the time.

bigmoose

I am afraid if the Repubs quickly dismiss, the demonRats will just continue on and on and on...

I think we might have a long, drawn out trial, that continues to expose the rot in DC. I think the only way forward is to shine light on this mess and let the chips fall where they may, and on both sides of the aisle. We the people are going to need to get engaged, and actually start to hold this juggernaut accountable for what they ALL have been doing to us for more than 40 years.

Footsteps

No worries. The Dems have already hammered so many final nails in their own coffin (from the inside no less) that any more hardware will be overkill. Trump's accomplishments are multiple. The Dems claim they are all mirages, while ankle biting the Commander in Chief, and trying to unseat him as their only claim to news. So-

Doctor, Doctor,
Gimme the news-
What do you mean
That we gonna lose?

We got more clowns
Than a dog has fleas
We got Pocahontas
So tell me please

That we have a way
And you got a pill
I'm sorry to say
I can't pay your bill

So tell me a lie
And gimme some hope
On second thought-
Just gimme some dope.

madcat

I am afraid if the Repubs quickly dismiss, the demonRats will just continue on and on and on...

I think we might have a long, drawn out trial, that continues to expose the rot in DC. I think the only way forward is to shine light on this mess and let the chips fall where they may, and on both sides of the aisle. We the people are going to need to get engaged, and actually start to hold this juggernaut accountable for what they ALL have been doing to us for more than 40 years.
I didn’t catch whether it was a senator or House rep. In D.C., but last night Laura Ingram had a clip on her show of a democratic guy saying just that. He said “when this is over, we will continue to investigate this president., his money laundering, etc ———ad nauseum”. (ad nauseum is MY description of the Devilcratic party. She and her guests were laughing saying this is the first time he has been accused of money laundering.
It’s getting really ugly and “deep” out there.
Their minds are so totally corrupted by Satan, they just simply aren’t capable of having a rational thought.
:diablo:diablo:diablo

depserv

This abuse of government power, all based in lies, is a coup attempt, at least metaphorically, and probably literally too. I remember a while back Schiff saying they would go after Pence next. That makes clear their purpose: to replace a loyal American in the form of Trump with a traitor in the form of Pelosi. I think this does qualify as a coup, even though it's being waged with political and psychological weapons instead of bullets and bombs.

Imagine if the worst thing that could happen if you get caught robbing a bank is maybe you have to give back whatever amount of money you haven't spent yet, and that's it, no jail or anything. Do you think we might have more bank robbery? The same thing applies to the criminal abuse of government power.

I think it's important to remember that the reason they attack Trump is that he stands in defense of America against their attempts to impose an entirely new political order on us, that is absolutely foreign to the nation defined by our Constitution. This effort preceded the Trump presidency by many years.

I've been taking any opportunity to point out that if the perpetrators of this crime are not brought to justice, we will see no end to this kind of abuse, and given the political ideology of the perpetrators, it will be open season on patriots. All government authority, at every level, can and likely will be weaponized and used to attack us. If they can do this to the president, while he's in power and his party controls half of Congress, what will they do to the rest of us when they have the absolute power they seek?

If the perpetrators of this crime are brought to justice, the smiling liars on TV should be among them. The First Amendment does not allow propaganda and big lie campaigns to be used as weapons of war to overthrow American government any more than the Second Amendment allows guns to be used for that purpose. I don't think it does anyway. If it's illegal to yell fire in a crowded theater, then it is likewise illegal to shout out masses lies used as weapons in a very real war against this nation.

Nemophilist

They've already said they will continue on and on, no matter which way the trial goes.

Footsteps

They must go on. Saint Nancy of Pelosi has given freshman Congressmen a list of statements Democrats are never allowed to utter:

"I am beginning to have doubts about this whole thing."
"I voted for Impeachment so I could get money from the Democratic National Committee to fund my reelection."
"I was waterboarded."
"As Nancy said, we did this for our children: The Children of the Corn. And for our grandparents from the Village of the Damned."

penbrat

They've already said they will continue on and on, no matter which way the trial goes.
Yep - as the Dems get more desperate towards the election they will get worse. I think they know any of their potential noms have no chance of beating Pres. Trump (unless some real election tampering takes place by the Dems). I also think the Dem. nom will not be anyone in the present list. I look for someone out of left field to run against Pres. Trump.

fl2007rn

Yep - as the Dems get more desperate towards the election they will get worse. I think they know any of their potential noms have no chance of beating Pres. Trump (unless some real election tampering takes place by the Dems). I also think the Dem. nom will not be anyone in the present list. I look for someone out of left field to run against Pres. Trump.
Lets hope that is not Michelle Obama who jumps in the race in the last few months.

Andy C

also think the Dem. nom will not be anyone in the present list. I look for someone out of left field to run against Pres. Trump.
I felt the same way a few months ago, but now, its too late for anyone else to enter and have any chance with the primaries starting in less than 2 weeks. But, we are talking about the dems, and with their crazy super delegate rules, I guess anything is possible.