Unwanted Phone Calls!

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I am sure many of you get those phone calls that are from people like Amazon saying they charged your card for something you didn't really buy. Then there are other calls talking about credit cards which we do not own. I am so tired of getting these kind of calls so I put a message on our answering machine to pick up instead of us. The message says we are tired of unwanted phone calls, if you know us you can leave a message and we will return your call. We don't have caller id just another charge on the phone bill.

This way I don't have to bother with people that I don't want to deal with. They thought they were bugging me so now I am returning the favor. They can bug off because we are not answering the phone. It looks like we are getting the last :D laugh. Yesterday our phone rang around 7 times, and this morning a call came in after 8. There are no messages on our machine so that tells me the calls were not important or they would have left a message.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
We do the same. If it gets really bad, I'll write down all the phone numbers as they come and then report them. I did this a couple of times and noticed, afyer a bit the calls stopped for awhile. I don't have time to do this often so the machine is our filter and this seems to reduce the calls.

Heres info about what toy can do:

https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/robocalls

Here's the link for reporting (be sure to write a note of thanks for their hard work..... they may likely hear from mostly cranky people):

https://www.donotcall.gov/

lightofmylife

We do the same. If it gets really bad, I'll write down all the phone numbers as they come and then report them. I did this a couple of times and noticed, afyer a bit the calls stopped for awhile. I don't have time to do this often so the machine is our filter and this seems to reduce the calls.

Heres info about what toy can do:

https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/robocalls

Here's the link for reporting (be sure to write a note of thanks for their hard work..... they may likely hear from mostly cranky people):

https://www.donotcall.gov/
On the do not call list we have been registered since February 2008.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I am sure many of you get those phone calls that are from people like Amazon saying

Nope. Not since we stopped our landline service. We use AT&T for cell service and almost never get an unsolicited call. What aggravates me is when the doctors office sends me three or four automated texts and phone calls for each appointment. That's as bad as the scam calls...

RobinB

Nope. Not since we stopped our landline service. We use AT&T for cell service and almost never get an unsolicited call. What aggravates me is when the doctors office sends me three or four automated texts and phone calls for each appointment. That's as bad as the scam calls...

I could not believe how many emails and texts I got to confirm a single dermatology appt. :rolleyes:

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I had wondered with the doctor appointments why this was happening and upon asking in a few places learned that a significant amount of people would not show up to their appointments. In the case of the pediatrics for my kids at the time, that would put other people out who could've really used that opening and the doctors left hanging too many times with empty time slots. It got so bad, apparently, that they started to charge $50 for missed appointments (which they hated to do but had to, to make those appointments more important than missing them). It came down to a lot of lack of integrity on people's part in keeping appointments or canceling in a timely manner.

Although, I did appreciate our dentist giving us grace one time when something came up and we explained the situation.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
The VA sends me 2 or 3 texts for each appointment. One a week before and one two days before. If I don't confirm by replying to one of the first two texts, I'll get a third one the day of my appointment, which may or may not be too late. If I didn't get the hardcopy letter, I'd also get an email sent to both my email and phone. Since I have a flip phone and don't have email set up on it, received emails get stuck and clog up my message inbox :frown Just like multimedia texts get stuck and clog it up :frown either way, I have to clear my entire inbox just to have a functional inbox again :mad

LoudRam

I'm getting those calls all the time. We only have cell phones. No land lines. I believe our numbers were part of that massive T- mobile hack a couple of years ago. That's why we are no longer with them. I just block the number. My block number list is huge because they never call from the same number twice.

ChildofLight

I hate the messages from the doctors offices that want me to “sign in” days before my appointment. I refuse to do so until I’m in the parking lot at least and hope I make it from the parking lot to inside the building. Even at that, the receptionist still goes in to see whether I signed in. :mad:

lightofmylife

I hate the messages from the doctors offices that want me to “sign in” days before my appointment. I refuse to do so until I’m in the parking lot at least and hope I make it from the parking lot to inside the building. Even at that, the receptionist still goes in to see whether I signed in. :mad:
We get a confirmation call from doctor's offices to be there 15 minutes before appointment. They only call once and it is a recording not an actual person talking to you.

alisani

If them Revenuers haven't found yer still, they may of stopped lookin by now...
In truth, my mother's family, hill people, very insular, did and do maintain a still. Back in the day, before I was born, my dad helped run it down the back roads with Junior Johnson, a cousin on my mom's side, who went on to drive in Nascar. That stuff will cure any illness and, side benefit, you can use it to clean your carburetor. They've refined the final product through the years. It's my understanding that in the early days they didn't skim and so your shine might have bark or leaves or some such in it. I remember being told "it'll put hair on your chest".