Untying Your Shoes

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by Goodboy, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Goodboy

Goodboy Well-Known Member

Who else hates when you untie your shoes and pull the string wrong and it get’s into a knot! :calvin

SonSeeker, Kerbluey and anath like this.
  2. kathymendel

kathymendel Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness!!! I had to laugh at this......... I would be happy to just be able to REACH my shoes to untie them!!! My body just doesn't bend and twist like it used to do. Beware!!! Old age is not all fun, for sure. On the rare occaision that I wear my lace-up tennis shoes, I have to ask dd to tie then for me. And, let's not get on the subject of putting on and taking off socks!!! :(

3. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

Yes, me too, I have shoes wth a zipper next to the shoestring, so I don’t have to tie or untie them!

4. Kerbluey

Kerbluey Well-Known Member

Velcro is also a good alternative. :D Buckles on the outer side of shoes are the worst! I’m too fat and decrepit to buckle them while they’re on my foot, but they’re too tight to slip on pre-buckled. I recently tried on a pair and was thrilled to see there was Velcro under the buckle. Woo! Hoo!

5. yeshua'sbride

yeshua'sbride ♥ Standing with Israel

You just made me realize I don’t own any shoes that tie anymore. They’re all the type I just have to step into and slip them off when I’m done. I like easy. :dance2

6. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

I tie my shoes loose enough so that I can just slip my feet in and out. It's hard to stoop to tie and untie... I only have to concern myself with tying the laces on boots when I wear those.

7. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

We’re a bunch of decrepid old cronies aren’t we?
    But soon, maybe very soon, all our tales of woe will be over!

8. chaser

chaser Well-Known Member

My back is so bad I hate to bend over like that, I wear either pull on boots, or tennis shoes that are already tied just slip them on.

9. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

I'm with you two guys! :snoopy

10. madcat

madcat Well-Known Member

Hey guys - here’s a tidbit from your resident physical therapist. There are several options for elastic shoe laces available. Ones that just lace as reg. ones, and some you can “clip” on depending if you can reach your feet. My mom had back issues as well as limited hand function, so I got her the elastic ones, or just slip on shoes, with an extended length shoe horn.
    Just “google” ADL assistive devices, such as AliMed, Wright Stuff, and even Amazon. I just gave our pastor one of the devices to assist with buttoning his shirts, as he had some peripheral neuropathy and was having trouble. Many little gadgets out there to help out. My mom loved her ergonomic key ring/holder, and was the only way she could unlock the door in her AL facility. And her “leg lifter” when she didn’t have strength to get her legs in bed without a little “boost”.
    Just a little FYI ——-:book

11. SonSeeker

SonSeeker Well-Known Member

After one of my various surgeries, my physical therapist got me one of those cuz my left arm was not functioning well. Worked like a champ.:thumbup