Unstable ground

ExultingInHim

Quick background --
Last year, my hubs & I moved in with my folks (in their upper 90s) to help them out more.
Dad has always been a domineering force & not much has changed.
Mom has Alzheimer's.
My hubs possibly has Parkinson's (yet to be fully diagnosed).
My unstable situation is that I'm wanting to honor my parents, yet dad still looks at me as his child who should obey.
I'm trying to be a submissive helper-wife to a hubs who sometimes needs to be talked off a "ledge."
So I find it necessary to "man up" and handle things more or less alone.
Our pastor frequently reminds the congregation that what we think and feel about our circumstances fluctuates daily, but what and Who we know in Scripture is our foundation. So I do try to keep that as my "mantra" with our daily weirdness.
Anybody here in similar circumstances? Thanks.

Work4Peanuts

Quick background --
Last year, my hubs & I moved in with my folks (in their upper 90s) to help them out more.
Dad has always been a domineering force & not much has changed.
Mom has Alzheimer's.
My hubs possibly has Parkinson's (yet to be fully diagnosed).
My unstable situation is that I'm wanting to honor my parents, yet dad still looks at me as his child who should obey.
I'm trying to be a submissive helper-wife to a hubs who sometimes needs to be talked off a "ledge."
So I find it necessary to "man up" and handle things more or less alone.
Our pastor frequently reminds the congregation that what we think and feel about our circumstances fluctuates daily, but what and Who we know in Scripture is our foundation. So I do try to keep that as my "mantra" with our daily weirdness.
Anybody here in similar circumstances? Thanks.
Not to that extent. We moved in with my mom after my dad dumped her for another woman, and divorced her. She has health problems, and my husband needs a job- so definitely pressure on me. My job causes me to work long hours, 6 days a week at weird times. I'm not always that easy to deal with myself. I try to remind myself that I am not resposible for others actions. God will only hold me accountable for myself.

I will keep you in my prayers.

ExultingInHim

Not to that extent. We moved in with my mom after my dad dumped her for another woman, and divorced her. She has health problems, and my husband needs a job- so definitely pressure on me. My job causes me to work long hours, 6 days a week at weird times. I'm not always that easy to deal with myself. I try to remind myself that I am not resposible for others actions. God will only hold me accountable for myself.

I will keep you in my prayers.
Thank you!