University of Minnesota Rocket Team Wins International Competition

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

Shattering the competition, U of M Rocket Team wins worldwide competition​

"Shattering the competition to bring home a first-place trophy, the University of Minnesota Rocket Team is now the reigning worldwide champion of the 2021 Spaceport America Cup.
The one-of-kind competition invites student engineers from all around the globe to launch their student-built rockets in the New Mexico desert. This year, the U of M Rocket Team won it all.
"There were 75 teams there from 17 countries from each continent in the world, except Antarctica, and we ended up being the overall winners and our team has never won an international competition like that before," Rocket Team Lead Patrick Collins said. "

https://kstp.com/news/shattering-th...eam-wins-worldwide-competition/6153218/?cat=1

Endangered

As a kid I launched smaller rockets for sport. A company named Estes is still around making these model rockets. They have a solid powder burning motor. We got together in a vacant 10 acre field and sent rockets into the sky. We built the rockets using principles of aerodynamics and decorated them with military decals. Today we would be using Star Wars decals.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
As a kid I launched smaller rockets for sport. A company named Estes is still around making these model rockets. They have a solid powder burning motor. We got together in a vacant 10 acre field and sent rockets into the sky. We built the rockets using principles of aerodynamics and decorated them with military decals. Today we would be using Star Wars decals.

I remember the purple rocket I built as a kid :smile

No decals when I was growing up, and *everyone* made fun of my purple rocket :lol

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
My youngest son has one more year of study before he graduates as a Mechanical and Aerospace Engineer. A couple of years ago he was part of an independent club of college students who launched a rocket from NM. They set a record for altitude reached with their rocket for rockets designed, built and launched by college students at the time. I don't think it was part of a competition like this but I've sent him an e-mail asking him if it was.