Universal Scraps 'The Hunt' Release Following Gun Violence Uproar

dave-o

I think they scrapped because in the end the "deplorables" win! :gaah

Hollywierd is so schizo. They proclaim to hate guns whilst annually offering a smorgasbord of films filled with almost non-stop automatic weapon fire and/or graphic gruesome violence.

AND THEN many of the stars of those movies publicly lash out at the NRA and law abiding gun owners blaming THEM for all the gun violence.

Popcornfish

I think they scrapped because in the end the "deplorables" win!

Hollywierd is so schizo. They proclaim to hate guns whilst annually offering a smorgasbord of films filled with almost non-stop automatic weapon fire and/or graphic gruesome violence.

AND THEN many of the stars of those movies publicly lash out at the NRA and law abiding gun owners blaming THEM for all the gun violence.
Bravo! Well said.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I think they scrapped because in the end the "deplorables" win!

The deplorable word sounds familiar from Hillary Clinton! This is the blame game. Everyone is to blame, but the person who is to blame. These people are hypocrites. Even Jesus called people hypocrites and vipers of snakes!

Popcornfish

I don't foresee Universal losing money on that which they labeled Satire in order to avoid being seen for what they really intended; divisiveness and spawning violence against Republicans.
Likely it will go straight to DVD rental. Or, they'll make money sending it to Netflix or some other subscription cable movie channel. It is already a tax write off when they decided to scrap its release date.
Unless they go really sneaky and wait six months, change the title, and release it under a new name after all the upset over the mass shootings has left the front page headlines.
Hollywood has no soul and it is Leftist. Universal knew full well what they were doing with this travesty of a film. They don't care about people so I doubt very much they'll really care that people sent out an outcry that Universal at the time couldn't ignore. It was a business decision. Not a moral awakening.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member

Exactly! But the hypocrites just cannot see their own hypocrisy.

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
This movie may not come out now, but it will in the future. They spent $18,000,000 to make it. I read an official Universal Studios announcement that stated they were just pulling it "for now." If and when they do release it, it will only fuel the hate of the left and could even spawn gangs bent on going after conservatives and Christians. But if you think about it, it is truly a sign of the times. During the coming tribulation, tribulation believers will be beheaded. Why is that? Who is swinging the axe? Why such disdain? All that this movie represents is a mirror of days to come. The world is quickly moving toward an open dislike of Christians and our stance for God's truth.

I know there have been a lot of bloggers and devotional writers that state Christians should not be known for what they are against but rather for our love and service. But that is only 1/2 the picture. The full picture of a Christian is one who upholds the truth in love, strives to be the "salt of the earth," and is always moving toward becoming more like Jesus who alone is the Way, Truth, and Life. This does include loving, caring, and serving but it also includes living righteously as we strive to more Christlike. It is the living righteously that the unbeliever zeroes in on and they always have.

When Jesus spoke of the blessedness of the peacemakers and the pure in heart, he also spoke of those being persecuted for righteousness' sake (see. Matt 5:8-11). I do not belive it is our claim to the exclusivity of Jesus being the only way to heaven that is the sole cause of being persecuted and reviled. There is more to it. There needs to be a balance. If we are all loving we tend to be passive on sin. If we are all holiness we tend to be overtly judgmental. We need to be known for both. But even then we will still be singled out by the haters of the world.

And that my brothers and sisters is where we are heading.

Rocky Rivera

What really irks me is their blatant hypocrisy. They rail and shout against legal gun owners, but are protected 24/7 by armed bodyguards. A good many of them carry handguns for protection. Sean Penn was caught leaving his gun in his car, for example. The anti-gunners are armed to the teeth, and they want a monopoly on force.

Last edited: