UNHRC refuses to debate China's human rights violations

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
UNHRC refuses to debate China's human rights violations
47-member body rejected text in a narrow vote of 17-19, with 11 abstentions • FM claims victory after human rights body approves first Israeli resolution
By TOVAH LAZAROFF
Published: OCTOBER 6, 2022

The United Nations Human Rights Council on Thursday refused to tackle China’s forced imprisonment of its Muslim Uyghur minority, defeating by a narrow margin a resolution that would have mandated a debate on the matter. The very brief resolution did not condemn China’s actions, which some countries, including the United States, have described as genocide. It simply asked that the UNHRC “hold a debate on the situation of human rights in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region at its fifty-second session [in March 2023] under agenda item 2.” The 47-member body rejected the US and Norwegian text in a vote of 19-17, with 11 abstentions.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-719051

Footsteps

One of the “human rights” members that objected
was Venezuela. Just another reason for shame at
our Beggar in Chief considering buying Venezuelan
oil.

depserv

The UN is a club of governments, and since governments by their nature do not like free people, it stands to reason that this club would cater to a dictatorship while thumbing its nose at America.

But I'm a little surprise that America would speak against China while China's whore is our president, but I suppose he wants to maintain some kind of appearance as a supporter of human rights, even while he shows no respect for them here.

Footsteps

The UN is a club of governments, and since governments by their nature do not like free people, it stands to reason that this club would cater to a dictatorship while thumbing its nose at America.

But I'm a little surprise that America would speak against China while China's whore is our president, but I suppose he wants to maintain some kind of appearance as a supporter of human rights, even while he shows no respect for them here.
That sums it up. The choice was between whoredom and supporting Chinese Auschwitz.

DWB

This is actually out of character for the UNHRC. Usually, Muslims get their way. I guess they don't care about the Uyghur's.