Understanding Roman Catholicism

SkyRider

Eucharist: Preserves from Sin

Does partaking of the Eucharist have power to cleanse Catholics from past sins and preserve them from future sins?

“For this reason the Eucharist cannot unite us to Christ without at the same time cleansing us from past sins and preserving us from future sins:״ Pg. 351, #1393

“By the same charity that it enkindles in us, the Eucharist preserves us from future mortal sins.” Pg. 352, #1395

Once again, God’s Word and Catholic tradition couldn’t be farther apart. Regarding cleansing from past sins, the Bible declares that all sins are washed away through the blood of Jesus Christ:

“...the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin" 1 John 1:7

"And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness.,.Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,” Revelation 1:5

The Catechism strips away from Christ the credit He alone deserves for cleansing people from their sins, and credits instead a wafer with accomplishing that task. Why is Jesus demoted again?

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.” 1 Corinthians 6:11

Preserving from future sins

There is no scriptural evidence that eating a piece of bread will preserve anyone from future sins
. This doctrine's only practical function is to keep members returning to the Catholic church to receive the Eucharist, in hopes that it will help preserve them from sin.

Aside from holding people in bondage to the church, there is little else such a practice can accomplish.

Though God ’s Word does not endorse this practice, it does suggest a way you can protect yourself from sin:

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Psalm 119:11

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. ” Psalm 119:9

To preserve yourself from sin, God suggests that you read, memorize and obey the Bible. Curiously, the Catholic church disagrees. It seems that the Catholic leadership would rather have you looking to the church for help than to God's Word.

You must decide why:

"The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil...” Psalm 121:7

"Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.” Psalm 32:7

And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.” 2 Timothy 4:18

Conclusion

To cleanse you from past sins and protect you from future sins, Catholicism demands that you look to a piece of bread

It is imperative that you understand that this tradition of men directly contradicts God’s Word. To obey this Catholic doctrine, you must reject Holy Scriptures.

Do you really want to do this?

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” Jude 1:24-25

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't remember this doctrine of the Eucharist from my First Communion classes - almost 60 years ago now - nor from going to weekly mass, CCD classes or Catholic grade school. It could have been one of their doctrines that they added later. I do remember being taught by the priests and nuns to do a "good confession" of sins before taking the Eucharist at the weekly or daily masses.

As mentioned, this is just another attempt to rob Jesus Christ of the glory due to Him alone. Please don't worship a wafer or believe the false teachings about it. Those little round gluten wafers would really have to be something of a spectacular, miraculous nature to be able to contain the full-size body of Jesus Christ in every one and then also to be able to preserve us from sin. It is all fiction and nowhere to be found in God's Holy Word. Don't be deceived by the enemy!

Last edited:

SkyRider

Eucharist: Helps the Dead

Partaking of the Eucharist purportedly gives Catholics who are still alive an opportunity to help the dead:

“The Eucharistic sacrifice is also offered for the faithful departed who have died in Christ but are not yet wholly purified, so that they may be able to enter into the light and peace of Christ" Pg. 345, #1371

In the Eucharist, the Church expresses her efficacious communion with the departed...” Pg. 420 #1689

This heart-tugging doctrine indoctrinates Roman Catholics with the belief that regularly receiving the Eucharist will help their departed loved ones reach heaven faster.

If this doctrine is of God, then you should obey it. But if it's a tradition devised by men to keep people in bondage to a church, then it is a cruel and heartless method of controlling people. Let's see what God says about it.

Never mentioned

You can search the Scriptures from beginning to end, but you will not find the Eucharist helping a single dead person. And not one Bible character ever received the Eucharist on behalf of a departed loved one.

As you may suspect, this Catholic tradition is not only absent from God s Word, it directly violates it as well. The Bible teaches that we will each give account for our own life:

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.” Romans 14:12

Jesus did all the work

People enter heaven solely because of the good work Jesus Christ did on the cross. Salvation is a gift from God, not an item earned by our righteousness or the righteousness of friends and loved ones.

Death, then judgment

The Bible declares that after death, everyone faces God for judgment. There are no more chances:

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" Hebrews 9:27

Those who do not put their faith in Christ while they are alive are already condemned to hell:

""He that believeth on him (Jesus) is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” John 3:18

The wrath of God abides on those who die without Christ:

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abides on him." John 3:36

The Bible says nothing about God’s wrath being pacified because someone received the Eucharist on behalf of departed loved ones. The only way to avoid the condemnation of God is by placing your faith in Jesus Christ while you are alive. Jesus declared:

“... He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.” John 5:24

Conclusion

Once again, you are left with several questions which must be answered:

Why is this tradition of the Catholic church so diametrically opposed to Gods Holy Word?

Why does the Catholic church want members performing rituals for the dead, when Gods Word says such practices are useless?

Is this but another method of keeping people in bondage to the Catholic church?

Most importantly, you need to understand that to continue practicing this man-made tradition, you must reject the very words of Jesus Christ. Are you sure you want to do this?

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.” Colossians 2:8

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a former Roman Catholic, this doctrine is soooo wrong on so many different levels. It requires a huge stretch of credulity to even consider that this could possibly be a tool that could work on someone who has already passed on, and is supposedly now in a false, temporary state of torment to purge away any sins that Christ could not atone for after His horrendous crucifixion on a cross. I don't even remember hearing about this during my Catholic years.

First off, in the previous post, the Eucharist is supposedly able to preserve the recipient from sin. So, if that is the case, after a lifetime of receiving the Eucharist, a person still winds up in a "purgatory", but their time can be lessened by someone else receiving the Eucharist?? How come it didn't work directly for the person receiving the Eucharist while still living in the flesh on Earth?? It just doesn't add up. There is no way that this is scriptural. Again, it denies the sufficiency of Christ's painful death on the cross to atone for one's sins. A man-made wafer, consecrated by an unholy priest, can do a better job of wiping out one's sins than the holy God who created the universe, who put on human flesh, to offer Himself as a sacrifice, could do?? Come on. There is no way that this doctrine comes from God. It is not even just a "tradition of man" - this has all the earmarks of a lie from the devil, to discredit Christ and offer up a phony means of appeasing God's wrath on sin. Don't be beguiled by the Roman Catholic religion but instead trust fully on the finished work of Christ.

paul289

At best, Catholicism is a jobs program for those who want power. At worst, well, I can't even imagine the worst possible case for such deception, but it's probably not far from the truth.

That said, the Catholic Eucharist is so much of a lie! Jesus wasn't telling his disciples to eat his literal flesh nor drink his literal blood. He was explaining the symbolism of the Passover meal! The cup after supper, the fourth cup, is the Cup of Redemption. Wine has long been a symbol of blood, and he took the cup after supper saying "this is my blood," connecting the Cup of Redemption to his blood. He was declaring that his blood is what redeems us, and that it was prophesied in the Passover meal for millennia! And the bread that he took was the Affikomen, which is a Greek word meaning "that which comes after." It was understood to have messianic meaning. This piece of bread was hidden during the meal, and children were sent to find it. The one who found it brought it back to the Father of the table, who would give the child a prize. Jesus, by declaring that this was his body, was saying that the one who finds him receives a prize. A prize that only the Father could give through the Messiah: eternal life.

So Jesus wasn't promoting cannibalism. He was explaining symbols that were long partly understood.

Jaybird

At best, Catholicism is a jobs program for those who want power. At worst, well, I can't even imagine the worst possible case for such deception, but it's probably not far from the truth.

That said, the Catholic Eucharist is so much of a lie! Jesus wasn't telling his disciples to eat his literal flesh nor drink his literal blood. He was explaining the symbolism of the Passover meal! The cup after supper, the fourth cup, is the Cup of Redemption. Wine has long been a symbol of blood, and he took the cup after supper saying "this is my blood," connecting the Cup of Redemption to his blood. He was declaring that his blood is what redeems us, and that it was prophesied in the Passover meal for millennia! And the bread that he took was the Affikomen, which is a Greek word meaning "that which comes after." It was understood to have messianic meaning. This piece of bread was hidden during the meal, and children were sent to find it. The one who found it brought it back to the Father of the table, who would give the child a prize. Jesus, by declaring that this was his body, was saying that the one who finds him receives a prize. A prize that only the Father could give through the Messiah: eternal life.

So Jesus wasn't promoting cannibalism. He was explaining symbols that were long partly understood.
I have never heard this explanation of the Affikomen- thanks for posting this. This reminds me of when I first read about the ritual of a Galilean wedding ceremony. Many of these traditions made sense to the Apostles, but are kind of "lost" to us in our culture. Once we understand some of these cultural traditions in the time of Jesus His parables make a lot of sense.

SkyRider

Mary Saves

Does Mary, the mother of Jesus, play a role in the salvation of mankind?
:

“Taken up to heaven she (Mary) did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation...” Pg. 252, #969

"Being obedient she (Mary) became the cause of salvation for herself and for the whole human race.” Pg. 125, #494

Is this doctrine scriptural? According to God's Word, Mary has never had anything to do with the salvation process. Scripture reveals that Jesus is the ONLY One who can provide salvation:

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” Acts 4:12

Jesus Himself declared that He is the ONLY way to heaven:

Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved..." John 10:9

Still the Catechism insists:

“She (Mary) is inseparably linked with the saving work of her Son.” Pg. 303, #1172

Once again, it comes down to who you will believe, the Bible or church tradition. The Bible is unmistakably clear:

I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior.” Isaiah 43:11

Yet I am the LORD thy G o d ... there is no savior beside me.” Hosea 13:4

The God of my rock he is... my savior...” 2 Samuel 22:3

Before Jesus was born, an angel announced that He would be the Savior:

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:21

After Jesus’ birth, the angel repeated himself:

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11

Over and over, we read that Jesus is the Savior:

“... we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world." John 4:42

Him (Jesus) hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Savior... " Acts 5:31

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Savior, Jesus:" Acts 13:23

"But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ..." 2 Timothy 1:10

"Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior." Titus 1:4

Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior;" Titus 3:6

“... the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. ” 1 John 4:14

Look at the words of Peter, recognized as Catholicism's first pope:

"...through the righteousness of God and our Savior Jesus Christ:" 2 Peter 1:1

"...into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” 2 Peter 1:11

"...through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...” 2 Peter 2:20

Certainly, Peter knew that Jesus, not Mary, was the Savior. Peter glorified Jesus as the Savior, not Mary:

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever. Amen.” 2 Peter 3:18

This same Peter declares that:

"...ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:” 1 Peter 1:18-19

Without question, Jesus is the Savior, not Mary.

Conclusion

The facts of this chapter leave several questions needing answers:

• Why does the Catholic church want people looking to Mary instead of Jesus for salvation?

Why is glory stolen from Jesus and given to Mary?

• If Mary plays a role in salvation, why didn’t God tell us so in His Word?

• Most importantly, who will you trust to save you? The Mary of church tradition, or the Jesus of God's Word?

For our conversation (citizenship) is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ:" Philippians 3:20

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It would seem that the implication that Rome is making is that God (Jesus) was incapable of saving us on His own; that a created being - that Jesus Christ had created, since He created all things - was necessary to be a part of the salvation process. Again, as stated, Roman Catholicism continually robs the glory due to Jesus - Our Creator - but instead points us to the created to save us.

Are they ignorant of the verse's of God's Word - they make the claim that they gave us the Bible - or are they just openly defiant to what God reveals to us and how to be saved??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Jaybird

I have heard statements by the current clown (I mean Pope) that Mary is the "Queen of Heaven" and "Co-Redeemer with Christ." Like the Son of Man needs any help. How they come up with this stuff is just mind blowing. This would be comical in a certain sense, but leading souls away from Jesus is serious evil!

SkyRider

Mary: Saved from Birth

Catholicism asserts that Mary never sinned and, hence, was redeemed (saved) from the moment of her birth:

“By the grace of God Mary remained free of every personal sin her whole life long." Pg. 124, #493

"Espousing the divine will for salvation wholeheartedly, without a single sin to restrain her, she gave herself entirely to the person and to the work of her Son... " Pg. 124, #494

“Mary is the most excellent fruit of redemption (SC 103): from the first instant of her conception, she was totally preserved from the stain of original sin, and she remained pure from all personal sin throughout her life." Pg. 128 #508 (See also Pg. 191, #722)

If you are wondering if this doctrine is taught in God's Word, it isn't. The Catechism admits that it is another church tradition:

“Through the centuries the Church has become ever more aware that Mary, ‘full of grace’ through God, was redeemed from the moment of her conception.” Pg. 123, #491

But the Bible identifies Jesus as the sinless One, not Mary:

For he hath made him (Jesus) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21

Aside from the Lord Jesus, the Bible is quite clear that nobody else has ever been sinless:

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:23

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:” Romans 3:10

They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.” Romans 3:12

Notice, none of these verses say “all have sinned, except Mary.”

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin...” Galatians 3:22

Mary knew she needed a Savior

In Luke's gospel, Mary herself admits that she was a sinner. Otherwise, she would never have concluded that she needed a Savior:

And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord. And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior.” Luke 1:46-47

Yet, the Catholic church demands that members worship Mary:

"The Church’s devotion to the Blessed Virgin is intrinsic to Christian worship.” Pg. 253, #971

Did Jesus exalt Mary?

Here’s how Jesus referred to His mother when Mary asked to see Him one day:

"Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand towrard his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.” Matthew 12:48-50

Jesus did not say, “Usher in this blessed woman.” Rather, He replied that anyone who obeys God's Word is equal with Mary. Jesus refused to exalt her.

When Others Exalted Mary

When a woman came to Jesus and attempted to exalt Mary, look how the Lord responded:

“... a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, 'Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it'.” Luke 11:27-28

Jesus announces that those who hear and obey the Word or God are blessed above Mary. Perhaps the Lord inserted these verses for those today who choose to ignore the Word of God so they can follow church traditions.

A Pattern

True to the pattern we have seen throughout this book, Jesus is again robbed of glory and honor that He alone deserves. Rather than recognizing Him as the only sinless One, Catholicism contradicts Scripture and insists that Mary was also sinless. Why?

Conclusion

Was Mary sinless from birth? Catholic tradition wants you to believe she was, but Gods Word says she wasn’t. Who will you believe?

For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sins not.” Ecclesiastes 7:20

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:” Romans 5:12

SkyRider

Mary: Perpetual Virgin

The Catechism records that Mary remained a virgin throughout her entire life:

“Mary remained a virgin in conceiving her Son, a virgin in giving birth to him, a virgin in carrying him, a virgin in nursing him at her breast, always a virgin.” Pg. 128 #510

“And so the liturgy of the Church celebrates Mary as Aeiparthenos, the 'Ever-virgin'” Pg. 126, #499

Either Mary remained a virgin or she didn’t. The position you will take depends upon who you believe... the traditions of men, or God’s Word.

The Bible states that after giving birth to Jesus, Mary bore other children:

Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?" Matthew 13:55

Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.” Mark 6:3

The Apostle Paul wrote:

But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother." Galatians 1:19

Because these verses so clearly contradict Catholic doctrine, the Catechism gives this explanation:

“The Church has always understood these passages as not referring to other children of the Virgin Mary. In fact, James and Joseph, ‘brothers of Jesus' are the sons of another Mary, a disciple of Christ...״ Pg. 126 #500).

Another Mary? Why the twisting of scripture? These verses clearly refer to Mary, the mother of Jesus. So why does the Catholic church deliberately mislead its members?

Is it to propagate an image of Mary as this divine creature, who is above having a normal marital relationship with her husband, Joseph?

Is it to make Mary appear more like current priests and nuns, leading a celibate life?

These are questions you must answer for yourself

The pagan connection [Babylon]

Why elevate Mary to this “ever-virgin” state? Although it is beyond the scope of this book, there is an amazing resemblance between the Mary of Roman Catholicism and pagan deities that were worshipped in Old Testament times. It should be disconcerting to all Catholics that the Mary of their religion more closely resembles a pagan deity than the Mary of the Bible.

Conclusion

Was Mary this mystical “ever-virgin” or wasn’t she? Your choice is again the same: accept the traditions of men and reject the Word of God. Or believe God’s Word as it is written:

'Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endures forever.” Psalm 119:160

Jaybird

It is no coincidence that the Mary apparitions always reveal themselves to Catholics.

2Co 13-15: "For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds."

SkyRider

This is all a part of the cult of Mary. No true Christian church would put forth any of these unbiblical teachings and doctrines concerning the mother of Jesus. This is how Rome has transformed the "handmaiden of the Lord" into a Babylonian pagan deity. Does Rome know what they are doing?? Yes, they do...if they are a true continuation of the religion of Babylon. Their high priest resides in the netherworld...or will be soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mary: Source of Holiness

The Catechism alleges that the virgin Mary is the model and source of true holiness:

"From the Church he learns the example of holiness and recognizes its model and source in the all-holy Virgin Mary...” Pg. 490, #2030

You will not be surprised to learn that we have another conflict. As we discussed in the previous chapter, the Bible portrays Mary as a sinner who needed a Savior.

Yes, she was blessed to give birth to the Son of God, but that does not make her the source of holiness. Referring to herself, Mary marveled that God had:

“... regarded the low estate of his handmaiden...״ Luke 1:48

The Biblical source of holiness

The Bible affirms repeatedly that God is our only model of holiness:

Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee.. ” Revelation 15:4

Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool; for he is holy." Psalm 99:5

Let them praise thy great and terrible name; for it is holy.” Psalm 99:3

Never do we read in Scripture about Mary being holy, much less the source or model of holiness:

Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy." Psalm 99:9

And one cried unto another, and said. Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.” Isaiah 6:3

The words “holy” or “holiness” are used over 600 times in the Bible. Not once does either word refer to Mary.

God announces that we should be holy, as He is holy, not as Mary is holy:

"But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."1 Peter 1:15-16

"For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy...” Leviticus 11:44

Roman Catholic friend, do you see the difference here? God’s Word repeatedly instructs you to look to the eternal God of the universe as your model and source of holiness. Catholicism counters, saying, "No, don't look to God, look to this frail, human woman.”

This is nothing short of blasphemy. And we can only ask,

Why does the Catholic church attempt to dethrone God Almighty from His rightful place and set Mary on His throne instead?

Why does Catholicism want you looking to Mary for your example of holiness instead of God?

God deserves all glory and honor. Plus, He is a jealous God who reminds us that:

"I will not give my glory unto another.” Isaiah 48:11

Conclusion

Who will be YOUR model of holiness? God Almighty... or a sinful woman? Catholicism demands you look to the woman. The Bible declares that only God is qualified:

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.” Revelation 4:11

"I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.” Isaiah 43:15

Xenosjeff

If Mary and Joseph never consummated their marriage it would not have been a valid Jewish marriage. So, in Rome's efforts to forget the Jewish elements of the scriptural record they have distorted God's Word to gain power.

That intention to deceive for destructive purpose is going to earn many stripes. Given what we know of the Jewish traditions and how many are intrinsically woven into God's plan to bring salvation to the world first to the Jew then the gentiles, Rome's history and motivation is clear.

Catholicism is a counterfeit system that had lied, cheated and murdered it's way into control. Rome does not want you to see the Jewish nature of the reality of Christ. If you understand the Passover as a remembrance as the Jews did, you know the Catholic mass is contrary to God's word . Time and time again Rome has ignored and intentionally disregarded scripture to bend the narrative into their own corrupt purpose.

The truth is we don't need you Rome. Your house of cards has fallen. We see what you are.

Jeff

paul289

A study on "Queen of Heaven" reveals disturbing evidence that Rome has, all along, been pushing the worship of an evil goddess. She is known in other religions as Venus, Libra, Ashtoreth, Aphrodite, Isis, and many others. She is part of an unholy trinity: The wife of a largely absent "creator" god who gave birth to a son, absent of a father. Invariably, worship of her is always sexual in nature. When Constantine legalized Christianity, he did not so much replace paganism as he did incorporate paganism into Christianity. Babylonian priests had been brought to Rome to teach their secrets to the Roman priests, and their gods were Romanized. What Constantine did was to make the priests rename their gods. Using the Egyptian pantheon, Ra became the Father, Isis became Mary, and Osiris became Jesus. Various other gods and goddesses were renamed as human saints. Worship of many of these gods was altered so as to not upset too many Christians, but the pagans simply went along with the name changes. Thus, the church entered the time represented by Jesus' letter to the church in Pergamum.

SkyRider

Mary: The Intercessor

Many faithful Catholics fervently pray to the virgin Mary, believing that she is the mediator who intercedes on their behalf before the Father:

"Therefore, the Blessed Virgin is invoked in the Church under the titles of Advocate, Helper, Benefactress, and Mediatrix.” Pg. 252, #969

Here, four specific titles are attributed to Mary. Does she fulfill them? Let's look at each one:

Advocate

The belief that Mary is an advocate before the Father is yet another man-made tradition, not supported by Scripture. Moreover, the Bible defies Catholic doctrine by declaring that Jesus, not Mary, is the only Advocate:

"...if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:” 1 John 2:1

Helper

Once again, the Bible disagrees with Catholicism by declaring that Jesus, not Mary, is the only supernatural Helper:

Behold, God is mine helper..” Psalm 54:4

So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.” Hebrews 13:6

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivers him out of them all." Psalm 34:19

Never in the Word of God is Mary mentioned as being a supernatural helper.

Benefactress

Here is another tradition of men. The Bible calls no one, including Mary, a “benefactress.”

Mediatrix

The Bible never elevates Mary to the position of mediatrix, but it does ordain Jesus as the one and only mediator:

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" 1 Timothy 2:5

"And for this cause he (Christ) is the mediator of the new testament.. ." Hebrews 9:15

Intercessor

The function of both a mediator and an advocate is to intercede on behalf of others. Catholic tradition assigns this position to Mary, whereas God's Word exalts the Lord Jesus Christ as the only intercessor:

For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands... but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:״ Hebrews 9:24

Wherefore he (Jesus) is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever lives to make intercession for them.״ Hebrews 7:25

Scripture could not be any plainer about the identity of the true intercessor:

"... It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.יי Romans 8:34

"...he (Jesus) makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.” Romans 8:27

The Bible reveals that anyone who reaches the Father must go through Jesus Christ:

For through him (Jesus) we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.” Ephesians 2:18

According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: In whom we have boldness and access...” Ephesians 3:11-12

Mary is never mentioned as an intercessor.

Jesus is degraded again

The Bible is quite definite. Jesus is the only Advocate, Helper, Mediator and Intercessor before the Father. Yet, Catholic tradition strips these four titles away from Him and drops them in Mary’s lap instead. Why?

Why is Jesus degraded at every turn? Why is Catholicism determined to take from Jesus everything the Bible attributes to Him and give it to someone or something else?

If Mary is so exalted, why did Bible characters like the Apostle Paul utter words like:

For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ and him crucified.” 1 Corinthians 2:2

Conclusion

Now you know the positions of both the Bible and Catholic tradition. Will you reject the Word of God and give glory to Mary? Or will you reject the traditions of men and give glory to Jesus Christ?

But now hath he (Jesus) obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.” Hebrews 8:6

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The true Vicar of Christ - the Holy Spirit - points us to Jesus Christ (God - who is all powerful)) as being more than sufficient to accomplish for us all of these attributes. The false "Vicars of Christ" - the popes - point us to a mere, powerless mortal to look towards in order for our needs to be met. And they apparently do so without exhibiting any shame...

SkyRider

Mary: Recipient of Prayer

Catholic doctrine commands members to pray to the virgin Mary:

"By asking Mary to pray for us, we acknowledge ourselves to be poor sinners and we address ourselves to the 'Mother of Mercy,’ the All-Holy One... May she welcome us as our mother at the hour of our passing to lead us to her son, Jesus, in paradise.” Pg. 644, #2677

It is imperative that you know whether these statements are from God or merely traditions of men. Therefore, we will examine each statement:

Asking Mary to pray for as: A tradition of men, not found in the Bible.

Mother of Mercy: Another tradition of men.

Mary is the All Holy One: A tradition oi men. We’ve already shown that God is the only “All Holy One.”

Mary welcomes us at death: A tradition of men, not taught in the Bible.

Mary leads us to Jesus: Another tradition of men, not found in Gods Word.

Please understand. Catholic friend, God never said any of these things. They are all traditions that came from the minds of early Catholic leaders:

“From the most ancient times the Blessed Virgin has been honored with the title of "Mother of God" to whose protection the faithful fly in all their dangers and needs...” Pg. 253,#971

That people should pray to Mary in their times of trouble is another tradition of men concocted by Catholic leaders of the past and handed down to Catholics today. Never does Jesus or anyone else in the Bible instruct people to pray to Mary.

Who should we pray to?

The Bible directly contradicts the Catechism by directing people to pray to God alone:

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou know not." Jeremiah 33:3

"And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.” Psalm 50:15

When trouble comes, call upon God, not Mary:

Give ear, O Lord, unto my prayer... In the day of my trouble, I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me." Psalm 86:6, 7

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.” Psalm 91:15

Literally hundreds of Scriptures teach us to flee to God when trouble comes our way. Not a single verse encourages us to pray to Mary:

But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble." Psalm 37:39

O LORD, be gracious unto us; we have waited for thee: be thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble." Isaiah 33:2

Blessed is he that considers the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.." Psalm 41:1

Should you cast your burdens on Mary?

"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.” Psalm 55:22

King David prayed all through the day... to God:

"Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice." Psalm 55:17

The psalmist proclaimed:

"The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.” Psalm 145:18

In the New Testament we read:

"Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6

Who will you pray to?

God's Word says pray to God. Catholicism would rather have you pray to Mary. Again, one must wonder why the Catechism demotes Jesus and exalts Mary. It seems the Catholic church does not want its members going to Jesus for anything. Yet, Jesus issued this invitation:

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

Either the Bible is wrong, or Catholicism is keeping you away from the One who is ready and willing to meet your every need.

Conclusion

Here is another critical decision you must make. Will you follow the Catholic traditions of men and pray to Mary?

Or will you obey the Holy Scriptures and direct your prayers to God?

As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.” Psalm 55:16

SkyRider

Mary: Queen Over All Things

Catholicism contends that at Mary’s death, the Lord took her up into heaven and gave her the title, “Queen over all things:”

“Finally, the Immaculate Virgin, preserved free from all stain of original sin, when the course of her earthly life was finished, was taken up body and soul into heavenly glory, and exalted by the Lord as Queen over all things.״ Pg. 252, #966

Once again, Catholic doctrine and the Word of God have a head-on collision. Scripture not only never teaches such a doctrine, it condemns it. In Jeremiah 44: 9, we read about the worship of a false goddess known as the “Queen of heaven,” a practice which made God furious:

The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger;” Jeremiah 7:18

Why did these people worship this false goddess called the Queen of heaven? It was a tradition of men that had been handed down to them:

But we will... burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes...” Jeremiah 44:17

Has Catholicism handed down the same pagan ritual that infuriates God?

Pagan religions

Although it is beyond the reach of this book, curious Catholics would be fascinated by a study of the many false religions which have worshipped a “Queen of heaven.״ Given that fact, Catholicism's insistence that God gave Mary a name so often used by false goddesses is remarkable.

Who should be exalted? Though Catholicism insists upon exalting Mary, the Bible exalts only God Almighty:

"Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth.” Psalm 57:5

“... thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.” 1 Chronicles 29:11

“... let the God of my salvation be exalted." Psalm 18:46

Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength...” Psalm 21:13

"Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

"... the shields of the earth belong unto God: he is greatly exalted." Psalm 47:9

The LORD is exalted; for he dwells on high...” Isaiah 33:5

God receives glory through Jesus Christ

The Bible declares that God receives glory through the Lord Jesus Christ. In the New Testament, the name “Jesus' appears 943 times. The name “Christ' appears 533 times, while the words ‘‘Lord Jesus” appear 115 times.

The first four books of the New Testament chronicle the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus, while the rest of the New Testament revolves around Him.

Mary, on the other hand, appears in God's Word only a handful of times, and is never referred to as a queen of anything:

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him (Jesus), and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;" Philippians 2:9-10

“ ... Worthy is the Lamb that was slain (Jesus) to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.” Revelation 5:12

Who should receive all glory? God... through Jesus Christ:

“... that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.” 1 Peter 4:11

"Him (Jesus) hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Savior, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.” Acts 5:31

I'm sure you see the pattern again. While the Bible strives to exalt Jesus Christ, Catholicism is determined to demote Jesus and exalt Mary.

Why is Jesus Christ, the One who sacrificed His life and suffered the cruel torture of the cross, set aside and replaced by a mere mortal woman?

Conclusion

Catholicism insists that the Lord elevated Mary to the rank of "Queen of all things." Yet, the Bible proclaims that worshipping a “Queen of heaven provokes God to anger.

Where will you place your trust, in the traditions of men, or the Word of God?

Wherefore, God also hath highly exalted him (Jesus), and given him a name which is above every name...” Philippians 2:9-11

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It should be very apparent that Roman Catholicism has deified their version of Mary; they have wrongly elevated her to God-like status. Although they repeatedly deny it, they adore her, worship her, pray to her, have cathedrals named in her honor, create graven images (something that the second commandment strictly forbids - Exodus 20:4) of her, light candles before those statues, and even dress up the statues and parade around behind them in certain Catholic countries.

In order for the Catholic faithful to pray to her and expect an answer, she would have to be like God: omnipresent: everywhere to hear those prayers; omniscient: all knowing when someone is praying to her; and lastly, omnipotent: all powerful enough to answer those prayers and exact a positive outcome. None of which is scriptural, as she does not have those characteristics - only God does.

Pure and simple, this is ancient pagan diety worship. It was seen in Egypt, Babylon and in numerous other pagan civilizations of a bygone era. And although Roman Catholicism has given her a "Christian" flavor, it is the same pagan nonsense that God has always detested. Yet, they do it all out in the open, for all to see - as exhibited in their catechism and places of worship - and defy God at every opportunity in their adoration of this Babylonish entity. Sadly, way too many Catholics are caught up in this cult-like worship of her. The real Mary (Miriam) of the Bible would be extremely embarrassed and ashamed by all this activity.

As noted in these past 7 posts regarding the Catholic "Mary", there is ample evidence of just how scripturally wrong it is to elevate such a person, and especially place her before God in worship. The first commandment states:

"Thou shall not have other gods before me" - Exodus 20:3. The Roman religion has created a god out of their "Mary". This commandment is broken repeatedly.
The second commandment states:
"Thou shall not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in Heaven above, or that is in the Earth beneath, or that is in the water under the Earth:"
"Thou shall not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God...." Exodus 20:3-5. Roman Catholicism repeatedly breaks this commandment with all its statues of "Mary", Jesus, and other saints. So, in essence, with the worship of "Mary", both the 1st and 2nd commandment are continually breached within Catholic churches and homes; by having statues of her and praying to her, instead of God.

Roman Catholics, this should not be. Don't be held in bondage to a system that continually flaunts Gods laws and commandments.
Jesus says that if you love Him, you will obey His commandments. John 14:15

SkyRider

Purgatory

Catholicism teaches that after death, some people are sent to a place called purgatory for further purification before entering heaven:

“All who die in God’s grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven.” Pg. 2658, #1030

"The Church gives the name Purgatory to this final purification of the elect...” Pg. 268-269, #1031

Did this critical doctrine come from God, or is it another tradition of men? Here's your answer, right out of the Catechism:

"The Church formulated her doctrine of faith on Purgatory especially at the Councils of Florence and Trent.’ Pg. 268-269, #1031

Is it unreasonable to ask where a group of men got their information about the afterlife to formulate such a doctrine?

Precious Roman Catholic, if you are praying for loved one's you believe are in purgatory, you need to be aware that God didn’t tell you they were there, a group of religious leaders did:

“But at the present time some of his disciples are pilgrims on earth. Others have died and are being purified, while still others are in glory...” Pg. 249, #954

If you suffer, it's not a gift

What makes this doctrine even more disturbing is that the Bible never indicates such a place exists. Neither does the Bible teach that further purification after death is necessary to earn going to heaven. On the contrary, God's Word declares that salvation is a free gift:

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23

“... by the righteousness of one (Jesus) the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.” Romans 5:18

Would an honest, loving God offer you eternal life as a free gift— then make you suffer to earn it— then lie about it in His Word?

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:" Ephesians 2:8

If the Bible is to be believed, then there is no need for further purification for those who die in Christ. They have already been justified by iesus:

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.” Romans 5:9

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:” Romans 3:24

The Apostle Paul drives home this same point:

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus...” 1 Corinthians 6:11

True Christians are already purified because Jesus put away all sin on the cross:

“... but now once in the end of the world hath he (Jesus) appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.” Hebrews 9:26

God's children are not required to suffer tor salvation because they have been bought and paid for:

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.” 1 Corinthians 6:20

The price was the blood of Jesus Christ!

“... feed the church of God, which he (Jesus) hath purchased with his own blood." Acts 20:28

Conclusion

If the Bible is so clear on this subject, why did the Catholic church institute a doctrine that has persuaded faithful members to give multiplied millions of dollars to the church to have prayers and Masses said on behalf of departed loved ones?
You must answer that for yourself.

Now, at least you know that the doctrine of purgatory was hatched from the minds of mortal men:

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” Romans 8:1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Catholic, it should be getting quite clear by now that the Roman Church is not of God. Over and over, repeatedly, we are told from God's Word that salvation is a FREE gift, that simple belief in the finished work of Christ on the cross and full trust in Him for salvation is the only means available to gain citizenship in Heaven. Why then, would the popes, repeatedly, institute false doctrines that further burden their followers into a complete bondage system to their unbiblical plan of redemption?? Every aspect of their teachings only requires further enslavement to their system and the need for their "Church" and "priests" to maybe have a shot at getting saved. But none of it works and none of it is scriptural. God's plan from the very beginning was that one day, He would have to put on human flesh and die an excrutiating death on a wooden Roman cross - note the irony - to pay for the sins of all mankind and that simple trust in Jesus Christ would be the requirement to forever be a Child of God. The Roman Church continues to build crosses for all of their adherents: must work for salvation; pay a penalty for one's own sins, then spend an indeterminant amount of time suffering in a false place called Purgatory, and have loved one's still alive fork over money to the Church for masses to lessen one's time in this suffering purging state. It is all bogus! Do what a lot of us former Catholics have done: embrace Christ; say good riddance to the false church of Christ and their works, slavery, bondage, false Christ's (in a wafer of all things), false gospel, false "Mary" and their wickedly devised false plan of salvation.

Purchased With Blood

A study on "Queen of Heaven" reveals disturbing evidence that Rome has, all along, been pushing the worship of an evil goddess. She is known in other religions as Venus, Libra, Ashtoreth, Aphrodite, Isis, and many others. She is part of an unholy trinity: The wife of a largely absent "creator" god who gave birth to a son, absent of a father. Invariably, worship of her is always sexual in nature. When Constantine legalized Christianity, he did not so much replace paganism as he did incorporate paganism into Christianity. Babylonian priests had been brought to Rome to teach their secrets to the Roman priests, and their gods were Romanized. What Constantine did was to make the priests rename their gods. Using the Egyptian pantheon, Ra became the Father, Isis became Mary, and Osiris became Jesus. Various other gods and goddesses were renamed as human saints. Worship of many of these gods was altered so as to not upset too many Christians, but the pagans simply went along with the name changes. Thus, the church entered the time represented by Jesus' letter to the church in Pergamum.
It's just theoretical but some believe that the kingdom parables of Matthew 13 align with the historical application of the seven letters in Revelation. I haven't figured out all of the kingdom parables yet, but the third parable matches the letter to Pergamum well. If like the letters, the parables represent history unfolding, notice that in the third parable the birds are now lodging within the tree which grew from seed. In the first parable evil birds devoured the seed, but now they have made their nest and embedded themselves within the kingdom. This matches how in the era of Pergamum paganism was married to the Church as you allude to in your post.

The first three parables are about seeds, which can represent the early Church being planted. The last kingdom parable matches the Judgment of the Sheep and the Goats really well. One difference between the parables and the letters is that the letters end at the rapture, but the kingdom parables extend to the end of the tribulation. This makes sense because the kingdom will include the saints who enter the millennial kingdom after the Judgment of the Sheep and the Goats. Notice that Jesus specifies that the fish will be of every kind just as Revelation 7:9 mentions, "all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues."

Matthew 13:47-50 says, "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away. So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

One thing that possibly throws off the timeline is that the second parable of the tares in the field is explained by Jesus as the end of the world also. However the Revelation letters also have multiple applications as well and each one can apply to every historical era too. He was explaining the tares to the disciples who would not have the knowledge of Church history that we have today looking back.

Last edited:
Back