UN to mark ‘Nakba Day’ - Israel’s establishment as catastrophe

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
UN to mark ‘Nakba Day’ - Israel’s establishment as catastrophe
The vote was 90-30, with 47 abstentions. The United States, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom were among those who opposed the move.
By LAHAV HARKOV
Published: NOVEMBER 30, 2022

The UN General Assembly voted Wednesday afternoon in favor of holding a commemorative event in honor of the 75th “Nakba Day,” the Palestinian name for Israel’s establishment, which translates to “catastrophe.”

The vote was 90-30, with 47 abstentions. The United States, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom were among those who opposed the move. Most of the European Union also rejected the, save for Cyprus which supported the measure.

Ambassador to the UN Gilad Erdan tweeted that the UN in "passing such an extreme and baseless resolution, the UN is only helping to perpetuate the conflict."

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-723759

JamesSuth

It is interesting to note the countries voting in favour of this evil, and those against or abstaining.
The United States, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom were among those who opposed the move. Most of the European Union also rejected the, save for Cyprus which supported the measure.
We are not exactly the most pro Israel countries on earth (often we are quite hostile, esp the EU), but these are the countries that voted against. The arab, moslem and african world is even more anti Israel than we are. With the huge immigration from those areas to Europe, combined with the increasing wokeness, I wonder who long we will support Israel to any extent.

But ultimately the problem is the world is against God. God gave the land we call Israel to the Jewish people, and to them exclusively. There is no way around this, the world didn't like it in the beginning and it doesn't like it now. How miraculous it is therefore, that Israel did come into existence, and will continue to do so no matter what the world says.

Aiyanna

The sad part of this. The part you never hear about. Is that these "poor Palestinians" are treated way better in Israel than they are in the Arab countries. They have more access to Healthcare, education, and employment than in any of the other surrounding countries. But we're supposed to feel bad for them being in Israel...... No. No I feel bad for anyone living under the Arab terrorist moslem countries. But you know..... Let's not mention what those people have to deal with every day....

Makes my blood boil.

Hidden

One thing I don't like about the games is you see Palestinian flags everywhere. They say not to make the WC political but they're heavily feature the Palestinian "cause" everywhere. I think it was the other day a protester ran to the pitch holding a Palestinian flag and crowds were shouting "palestin, palestin!. :rolleyes:

MapleLeaf

Can we cut through the stinky garbage and recognize that there is no Paletinian people? That the term Palestine was to the land and there were Palestinian Arabs and the few Jews there were Palestinian Jews. So the Jew are to be the only people not allowed to have their own lands? The Arab have taken quite a lot to themselves. That tiny strip should prove it is never enough and that they could have the whole world and still not have the favour of God they so desperately crave. The sons of Ishmael will never get Isaac's blessing.

Jaybird

2) “Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that causes reeling to all the peoples around; and when the siege is against Jerusalem, it will also be against Judah.”
3) “It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured. And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it.”

Back