UMBRA

Wings Like Eagles

I'm going to work backward from your post. According to Paul in Romans, there would be no sin without the law. It is by the law that we know what sin is, because sin is failure to follow the law. Without language, there could be no law. The fall could never have happened.
But we were made in God's image, and in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. God spoke and there was light. Language was inherent in the creation. It was His good will that we should be able to know and understand the law (which started out with just one commandment- don't eat that.)
Children and animals are innocent of the law because they are unable to comprehend it. The Christian faith is a construct of God.
Great post! Did I highjack the thread? :offtopic or is it okay?

Footsteps

OK, I guess it's time (no pun intended) for me to answer all your questions. In answer to the above question from Wings like Eagles, allow me to take a brief detour and state that we are all going to have to start spelling "sync" correctly or nobody will believe how smart we are. They will think we are talking about "everything but the kitchen sink" without knowing that we cannot know whether "everything" includes Schrodinger's Cat (if we cannot observe whether or not he is in the sink.) As to whether language created evil I can say UNEQUIVOCALLY: Yes and no. God said "Don't eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." Whether telepathic or not, God used language. When the serpent persuaded Eve that God simply didn't want them to be smart, he was using words. When they ate of the wrong tree, they did learn some things. But they felt stupid at the same time when the first thing they learned was that a tree whose name took longer to say than it did to eat fruit from could have other things wrong with it. So I guess you can say there was evil in the fruit - if you can "swallow" it.
Part of the confusion about time is that God exists "outside of time". People are always saying that, though the saying exists "outside of Scripture". I understand that people are saying that God is not restricted by our understanding of time, but it also makes it sound like He can't interact with or manipulate time, and in fact if Einstein, Bohr, Heisenberg, and Schroedinger can't impact time, God can't either - now there's a Dark Matter.
While I'm finishing my thought experiment, think about this: When you came home that day and noticed that everything had been replaced by an exact replica, did you figure out how that happened?

Wings Like Eagles

OK, I guess it's time (no pun intended) for me to answer all your questions. In answer to the above question from Wings like Eagles, allow me to take a brief detour and state that we are all going to have to start spelling "sync" correctly or nobody will believe how smart we are. They will think we are talking about "everything but the kitchen sink" without knowing that we cannot know whether "everything" includes Schrodinger's Cat (if we cannot observe whether or not he is in the sink.) As to whether language created evil I can say UNEQUIVOCALLY: Yes and no. God said "Don't eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." Whether telepathic or not, God used language. When the serpent persuaded Eve that God simply didn't want them to be smart, he was using words. When they ate of the wrong tree, they did learn some things. But they felt stupid at the same time when the first thing they learned was that a tree whose name took longer to say than it did to eat fruit from could have other things wrong with it. So I guess you can say there was evil in the fruit - if you can "swallow" it.
Part of the confusion about time is that God exists "outside of time". People are always saying that, though the saying exists "outside of Scripture". I understand that people are saying that God is not restricted by our understanding of time, but it also makes it sound like He can't interact with or manipulate time, and in fact if Einstein, Bohr, Heisenberg, and Schroedinger can't impact time, God can't either - now there's a Dark Matter.
While I'm finishing my thought experiment, think about this: When you came home that day and noticed that everything had been replaced by an exact replica, did you figure out how that happened?
I'll see your "sync" and raise you a "segue." :jazzercise <---my favorite emoji.

Flyfisher

Chalk up sink and sync with spell checking and the fact that I write all my post on an iPhone 12 mini which means I literally have about 1.5 square inches (1 x 1.5 box) to see what I have typed. This makes proof reading the post incredibly difficult so I just don’t go back.

Footsteps

Chalk up the fact that I spelled Schroedinger two different ways to the following:
1. My ancient iPhone is held together with duct tape and has a similarly sized screen.
2. I figured if the Schroedinger cat theory sounded as much like Eastern mystic slop to everyone else as it did to me, nobody would care how the idiot spelled his name.

Footsteps

Just happened to notice: While segues exist, Segways will not be made any more. Remember the hype? This will revolutionize the world!! Before it was seen it was called a ginger, then a personal transportation vehicle. It was helpful for police walking a beat. Now it's in the dumpster. The co-owner even died riding one. He was backing up as a courtesy to a man walking his dog. He backed off a huge cliff on the California coast. On the way down he saw a UFO. (Not really - just trying to stay on topic.)

Wings Like Eagles

Just happened to notice: While segues exist, Segways will not be made any more. Remember the hype? This will revolutionize the world!! Before it was seen it was called a ginger, then a personal transportation vehicle. It was helpful for police walking a beat. Now it's in the dumpster. The co-owner even died riding one. He was backing up as a courtesy to a man walking his dog. He backed off a huge cliff on the California coast. On the way down he saw a UFO. (Not really - just trying to stay on topic.)
Segways always looked dangerous to me--not surprised they quit making them. Straying from the topic is only permissible if you can think of a good segue. :book Your turn. :nunchucks

JSTyler

I understand that people are saying that God is not restricted by our understanding of time, but it also makes it sound like He can't interact with or manipulate time, and in fact if Einstein, Bohr, Heisenberg, and Schroedinger can't impact time, God can't either - now there's a Dark Matter.
If I get where you're headed here, this is how my mind works through a little of this (enter at your own peril);

God isn't restricted by time, He is extant at all times in all times, as we understand time from our limited perspective. He is infinite, we are finite. The rules He exists by are rules he created OR better, the rules exist because He exists, therefore the rules as we perceive them exist because He expressed them into creation so that creation had a means to know that He exists. God can break those rules, not man. However, God cannot/will not break those rules because He would never need to break what He understood, front to back, top to bottom, inside and out, up from down, etcetera. Breaking the rules would qualify God as liar which He cannot be, thus time, is an immutable, unbreakable rule, because there is no flaw in time. From the beginning, it was perfectly made and functions as intended...or not and I'm just sawing away at the limb I'm sitting out upon.

So, we're circled back to the double slit experiment, kinda-sorta. I more or less understand that as equating to Yes and No, always yes and no, not one of the other, observed or unobserved, BUT not from creation's perspective, but rather God's. From creation's perspective (read us) it's only just one or the other because our position of perspective is limited by our position in existence. It's an eternal "bread crumb" pointing the lost in the right direction. It's like being allowed a small peek behind the curtain, or past the veil, just enough to inspire more curiosity and drive the search and desire to find that missing piece to fill the God shaped vacuum. I believe that scripture references the concept (or something very similar) in 1 Corinthians 13:12 and in James 1:24. What we come away with is a glimpse of our limited nature compared to the infinite nature of God. The same God that emptied Himself of that nature, to "fix" us so that we can not only get a glimpse, but enter into His infinite presence. Thank You Jesus!

Free will and divine appointment would like to enter the room here, but I've temproarily barred the door against them. The tension between the two fit this model perfectly but...nope!

Trying to conclude. Time is much like forgetting. We can't forget, God can. So we know that forgiveness is complete and forever by God's ability and grace, even though we don't yet have that ability ourselves. Hmmmm, will we? We can't change time, God if it's possible, could but doesn't need to as He created it exactly as it should be.

OR, I didn't get enough sleep and you just got infected with some JST-21 and there ain't no vax to cure that.

cavalier973

I believe Satan has the Scriptures (all of it) committed to memory. He may not believe all of it or want to believe it, but he is not ignorant of it. With that said, we (finite beings existing in our temporal realm) are only privy to the information God gives us, and the things He has instructed us to watch for. Satan is a spiritual being, from a spiritual realm, and thus, can see things we can't fully know. I don't mean to sound like I'm giving him more power than he has, but we just have to be realistic for a moment and agree that he exists in the same level of reality God does. We, in our mortal frames, aren't there yet. So in that sense, he has an advantage.

Our advantage, and it is significant, is having the Holy Spirit indwell us. Not only are we untouchable (unless God explicitly allows it-usually for His own purposes), but we are also in tune with God's sense of timing and urgency. I don't think it's accidental that so many watching believers sense this soonness of His return. We can feel it in our soul like so many of us can feel a storm coming in our bones long before it arrives.

Without setting a date, I feel/sense/tacitly know (however you want to phrase that), we are close to His return. After June 9th, I can share more on that (BTW, not calling June 9th as a rapture day- something else is happening). But it is interesting how/why it is happening, and what it means. I don't mean to sound all cryptic about it, I just want it to happen first, then I can talk about it all day.
So...did the thing happen? And, if it did, what was it?

Palehorse

Maybe the next few weeks may possibly hear something as there are come global meetings coming up i think
Nothing like that. Years ago, I think either 2014 or 2015, I was living on a airfield in Kansas while in command of a flight company. I used to run the airfield like twice a week (exactly 5 miles). During one of those runs, I was praying and made a deal with God (you know those kinda deals we all make).

I said, Lord, I know we can’t know the day or hour, but could I know the year? And I was trying to think of something that was significant enough, and highly unlikely to be “the sign,” of confirmation (if I can call it that).

I said, “Lord if Jan Markell ever calls to interview me (I was even more of an unknown writer back then- still am :) then I’ll know that’s the year.

Years go by, nothing. I’m eventually asked to contribute a chapter to one of Terry James’s book, “Discerners,” and then again for his book “Lawless.” She’s interviewing a lot of the contributors to both books, but still nothing. No calls. No emails. So I just figured it was all a one sided deal I made in my head with myself.

A year goes by and I was asked to co-write a book with Terry James on the Rapture, called “The Disappearing,” and not long after I finished the final draft, I get an email from Jan asking to interview me around May 19th for “Lawless.” Mind you, Lawless had already been out for a long while, and she’d already run thru the gambit of well known and even lesser known contributors.

Well after some issues with the book publisher (COVID related), she said she would have to push the interview back, we eventually agreed on June 9th. She emailed again just a few days ago to say she had Covid and lost her voice, so we’d have to reschedule the interview for a later date.

As I remember it, I didn’t specify to God she had to interview me, only that she ask to interview me.

All that to say, part of this deal I made with God was a) I couldn’t contact her to be asked for the interview- it had to happen in its proper time, and b) I couldn’t tell her about it beforehand, both of which I honored to the letter.

Now, I know this is speculation and not a hill I’d plant my battle flag on, but it is funny how things turned out. We’ve all made a deal like that with God at one point or another, I’m not saying I’m special or that He would honor mine over anyone else’s. I’m excited about it, but if this year comes and goes, it will not change my faith in Him or it happening shortly. I guess, make of it what you will.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Nothing like that. Years ago, I think either 2014 or 2015, I was living on a airfield in Kansas while in command of a flight company. I used to run the airfield like twice a week (exactly 5 miles). During one of those runs, I was praying and made a deal with God (you know those kinda deals we all make).

I said, Lord, I know we can’t know the day or hour, but could I know the year? And I was trying to think of something that was significant enough, and highly unlikely to be “the sign,” of confirmation (if I can call it that).

I said, “Lord if Jan Markell ever calls to interview me (I was even more of an unknown writer back then- still am :) then I’ll know that’s the year.

Years go by, nothing. I’m eventually asked to contribute a chapter to one of Terry James’s book, “Discerners,” and then again for his book “Lawless.” She’s interviewing a lot of the contributors to both books, but still nothing. No calls. No emails. So I just figured it was all a one sided deal I made in my head with myself.

A year goes by and I was asked to co-write a book with Terry James on the Rapture, called “The Disappearing,” and not long after I finished the final draft, I get an email from Jan asking to interview me around May 19th for “Lawless.” Mind you, Lawless had already been out for a long while, and she’d already run thru the gambit of well known and even lesser known contributors.

Well after some issues with the book publisher (COVID related), she said she would have to push the interview back, we eventually agreed on June 9th. She emailed again just a few days ago to say she had Covid and lost her voice, so we’d have to reschedule the interview for a later date.

As I remember it, I didn’t specify to God she had to interview me, only that she ask to interview me.

All that to say, part of this deal I made with God was a) I couldn’t contact her to be asked for the interview- it had to happen in its proper time, and b) I couldn’t tell her about it beforehand, both of which I honored to the letter.

Now, I know this is speculation and not a hill I’d plant my battle flag on, but it is funny how things turned out. We’ve all made a deal like that with God at one point or another, I’m not saying I’m special or that He would honor mine over anyone else’s. I’m excited about it, but if this year comes and goes, it will not change my faith in Him or it happening shortly. I guess, make of it what you will.

Gee here's hoping in relation to your confirmation.

My comment was more geared towards Ufo and owg related news that we might hear due to g7 meeting and another global meeting being close after that

Wings Like Eagles

I think satan does have powers here on earth............ but not to create life of any form.
Consequently, I believe anything having to do with UFOs will be concocted using his form of trickery.
It should be very easy for him to fool those who are already suffering from delusion.
Only God can create life--that is true. The only power that Satan has, in that regard, is to destroy the original forms of life and replace them with perverted, manipulated forms. Thus, the drive to replace women in sports with "altered" men and many of the perverted "experiments" performed on poor defenseless animals.