UMBRA

athenasius

Nothing like that. Years ago, I think either 2014 or 2015, I was living on a airfield in Kansas while in command of a flight company. I used to run the airfield like twice a week (exactly 5 miles). During one of those runs, I was praying and made a deal with God (you know those kinda deals we all make).

I said, Lord, I know we can’t know the day or hour, but could I know the year? And I was trying to think of something that was significant enough, and highly unlikely to be “the sign,” of confirmation (if I can call it that).

I said, “Lord if Jan Markell ever calls to interview me (I was even more of an unknown writer back then- still am :) then I’ll know that’s the year.

Years go by, nothing. I’m eventually asked to contribute a chapter to one of Terry James’s book, “Discerners,” and then again for his book “Lawless.” She’s interviewing a lot of the contributors to both books, but still nothing. No calls. No emails. So I just figured it was all a one sided deal I made in my head with myself.

A year goes by and I was asked to co-write a book with Terry James on the Rapture, called “The Disappearing,” and not long after I finished the final draft, I get an email from Jan asking to interview me around May 19th for “Lawless.” Mind you, Lawless had already been out for a long while, and she’d already run thru the gambit of well known and even lesser known contributors.

Well after some issues with the book publisher (COVID related), she said she would have to push the interview back, we eventually agreed on June 9th. She emailed again just a few days ago to say she had Covid and lost her voice, so we’d have to reschedule the interview for a later date.

As I remember it, I didn’t specify to God she had to interview me, only that she ask to interview me.

All that to say, part of this deal I made with God was a) I couldn’t contact her to be asked for the interview- it had to happen in its proper time, and b) I couldn’t tell her about it beforehand, both of which I honored to the letter.

Now, I know this is speculation and not a hill I’d plant my battle flag on, but it is funny how things turned out. We’ve all made a deal like that with God at one point or another, I’m not saying I’m special or that He would honor mine over anyone else’s. I’m excited about it, but if this year comes and goes, it will not change my faith in Him or it happening shortly. I guess, make of it what you will.
I'm good with it this year, this month, this minute actually! :lol If not, I'm good with next year, next month, next minute.

Kidding aside, Jan is on my regular prayer list, I'll give my prayers a little more oooomph! God bless her and keep her (and you too!)

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Andi, would you mind giving us the name of the book you read? Thanks.
For the life of me, I can't remember. This was over 20 years ago...and I gave it to someone as soon as I read it .I bought it at the Christian bookstore, and I am almost sure the author had an Asian last name. Maybe it is out of print now? While searching, I did see that Chuck Missler wrote a book also.

athenasius

Andi, would you mind giving us the name of the book you read? Thanks.
For the life of me, I can't remember. This was over 20 years ago...and I gave it to someone as soon as I read it .I bought it at the Christian bookstore, and I am almost sure the author had an Asian last name. Maybe it is out of print now? While searching, I did see that Chuck Missler wrote a book also.
For what it's worth, I have 2 very good books on that general subject, Alien Encounters by Mark Eastman and Chuck Missler and UFOS: The Truth about UFOs and Aliens by Dr Ron Rhodes. Both very solidly written, good theology and good exegesis. Both of the opinion that UFO phenomena is demonic in origin, deceptive in it's nature, and they both explain that as angels can appear in different forms, they can take on the form of a UFO or it's occupants with the primary purpose to deceive and turn people away from the truth of the Bible-- how the universe was formed, how people were created, our fall in Adam, need for a Saviour and the coming again of Christ to judge and rule this planet.

MtnMan

According to the sealed Dominion voting machines, the majority of us will believe anything.
I wonder if the visiting aliens will be voting Democrat in the next election? :). Seriously though, I believe the so-called E.T.'s are not from other planets, but are demonic and I truly believe this will be used as an explanation for the disappearance of Christians and young children in the Rapture. Satan has to have a plan for explaining this as something other than Jesus coming for His Church. The New Age proponents have put forth similar ideas in saying there are some people (i.e., Christians) who are holding back humanity's progress into the Age of Aquarius (of course I am not advocating anything pertaining to this being true). I find it interesting how the false story dovetails so nicely with the biblical truth and how the false story could be used to explain away the Rapture.