Ukrainian soldiers built a sauna inside the trenches and this was the result

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Ukrainian soldiers built a sauna inside the trenches and this was the result
With the help of an online tutorial, Ukrainian soldiers successfully built a fortified sauna inside the trenches of the front line.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
Published: OCTOBER 29, 2022

Eight months of war on the home front has taken a toll on soldiers in Ukraine. So, when given the opportunity to make the most of their time on patrol, this group of Ukrainian soldiers in the Donbas trenches of eastern Ukraine decided to prepare for the colder months ahead by building a sauna for themselves. Despite both the upcoming winter and the Russian forces on their doorstep, these soldiers refused to give up on their dreams, building a fortified sauna in their trenches over the span of just three days, the AFP reported.

more................ https://www.jpost.com/omg/article-720940

DanLMP

It's hard to know what to make of the story. Should I be upset that they took their responsibility so lightly that they made a sauna or should I applaud them for their creativity preparing for an upcoming cold winter?

But of all the war stories coming out of Ukraine why is a sauna story important?

NewWine2020

It's hard to know what to make of the story. Should I be upset that they took their responsibility so lightly that they made a sauna or should I applaud them for their creativity preparing for an upcoming cold winter?

But of all the war stories coming out of Ukraine why is a sauna story important?

It could be construed as a "fluff piece", it does seem rather pedantic, but I choose to view this as a demonstration of the ingenuity of the common soldier, Video gamers would call this a "solid win over PVE" or Player vs environment." :)

It probably also serves as a propaganda "in ur FACE Russian conscripts!" piece.

To the Russians, many of whom supposedly barely have adequate clothing let alone a functional logistics capacity, the fact that their enemies have the time and means to construct a "battlefield sauna" is probably rather disheartening.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
It could be construed as a "fluff piece", it does seem rather pedantic, but I choose to view this as a demonstration of the ingenuity of the common soldier, Video gamers would call this a "solid win over PVE" or Player vs environment." :)

It probably also serves as a propaganda "in ur FACE Russian conscripts!" piece.

To the Russians, many of whom supposedly barely have adequate clothing let alone a functional logistics capacity, the fact that their enemies have the time and means to construct a "battlefield sauna" is probably rather disheartening.

Likely the information is censored or troops told to ignore the propaganda/lies. At the very least, denounced as capitalist decadence/excess.

Wonder how many Russian troops go looking for it so they can defect/surrender and get warm this winter? :lol