'Ukraine will burn': Russia's Medvedev warns Kyiv amid US weapon supply

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
'Ukraine will burn': Russia's Medvedev warns Kyiv amid US weapon supply
"All of Ukraine that remains under Kyiv's rule will burn," journalist Nadana Fridrikhson quoted him as saying in a written interview with her.
By REUTERS
Published: FEBRUARY 4, 2023

Former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has said the supply of more advanced US weaponry to Ukraine will only trigger more retaliatory strikes from Russia, up to the extent of Russia's nuclear doctrine. "All of Ukraine that remains under Kyiv's rule will burn," journalist Nadana Fridrikhson quoted him as saying in a written interview with her. Fridrikhson asked Medvedev, who as deputy chairman of the Security Council has become one of Russia's most hawkish pro-war figures since its invasion of Ukraine, whether the use of longer-range weapons might force Russia to negotiate with Kyiv.

more............... https://www.jpost.com/international/article-730569

Dave123

I don't think that Putin will resort to nukes, at least not in Ukraine. The point behind Putin's actions is to take the country over. Nukes would be counter intuitive to that purpose. He wants to rebuild the Soviet Union. So nuking the land he wants to rule would be working against his goals, given it would uninhabitable, not to mention the radiation poisoning that would bleed over into Russia.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I don't think that Putin will resort to nukes, at least not in Ukraine. The point behind Putin's actions is to take the country over. Nukes would be counter intuitive to that purpose. He wants to rebuild the Soviet Union. So nuking the land he wants to rule would be working against his goals, given it would uninhabitable, not to mention the radiation poisoning that would bleed over into Russia.
Not if he used neutron devices.

MapleLeaf

No mushrooms please, praying for truffles in USSR.
Yes, please let us go out with some class. :scrooge What are we?? Peasants??!!

All of the world's leaders are currently weak so they are most definitely compensating. That could make them more dangerous with what few weapons they have but it could also mean there really is no bite behind their bark and they are calling each other's bluff. All the major players are also facing turmoil at home. It's just a crazy time for world politics. Not sure how a hot world war would really help anybody. They would have to be under a true spiritual delusion (a la Romans 1) to be able to convince themselves to do anything stupid like shooting off nukes.

athenasius

I think the way that speech of Putin's went, we just saw The Restrainer, restraining Putin from dropping something already.

The Russian nuclear doctrine of 2014 or so (Gerasimov doctrine) states that they are free to use tactical nukes, neutron bombs and the like to defend the motherland.

Medvedev is Putin's closest trusted pal, and often speaks for him when Putin doesn't want to be more specific.

Putin in his speech was obviously creating a defence for after dropping something by mentioning Russia is putting a pause on the nuclear non proliferation treaty due to 2 NATO nations Britain and France, who are not part of the treaty but are nuclear nations.

It will be a "see what Nato made me do" kind of defence.

But it makes it obvious that Putin is thinking of nuking Ukraine, but for some unknown reason is holding back.

I suggest that reason is THE RESTRAINER! It's not time yet. Before Ezek 38 Putin needs work on his army and his economy both of which he mentioned in the speech.

MapleLeaf

Maybe Putin himself isn't Gog. I have a hard time imagining any future leader being all that different in ideology from him. He'll make sure his successor carries the torch. Turkey and the 'Stan' countries are getting pounded by earthquakes so they aren't in any place to pull off Ezekiel 38 either. Maybe The Restrainer is still giving the "Christian" West a chance to repent and turn things around. We're not in Lamentations territory just yet.

athenasius

I remember Jimmy Carter banning the United States from using those, although I might be remembering that wrong. I'm not saying that Putin wouldn't use them, just that theoretically we don't have them. I once heard that Israel does though.
Yup that was another time that Carter dropped the ball.

The old USSR never got rid of theirs, and they showed up again in 2014 in the Gerasimov Doctrine which started with a speech from General Gerasimov but was adopted in it's principles by Russia which states that Russia must limit the expansion of NATO and work with other major powers such as China and others like Iran and India to stop America from being the primary power or the unipolar power in the world.

To do so they can and will use hybrid warfare which can use small nuclear weapons (think suitcase nukes or neutron bombs) to cause maximum harm to the enemies of Russia while limiting the harm to the environment and surrounding nations.

Other forms of hybrid warfare include disinformation (propaganda and sowing the seeds of distrust in the enemy population) plus cyber warfare (Russian hackers holding companies for ransom or bringing down their key infrastructure programs for electricity or communications), taking out communication links such as the internet-- cutting undersea cables or just bombing those building that control that sort of thing (Ukraine).

They also include the use of proxies-- this battle between the Ukraine and Russia is Russia using it's proxies within the population (that happened in the Crimean situation when Russian proxies shot down a passenger plane using Russian weapons). Or using the Ukraine as a proxy for NATO. The globalists are using NATO and the West as proxies to destabilize Russia in part because Russia is a threat to their eventual global control.

Russia used all but the nukes in their reconquest of their former territory Georgia, long before they moved into Crimea and then after Trump was safely out of office, they moved in on Ukraine.

By the way the term Gerasimov doctrine is now out of favour in the western media who are distancing themselves from their earlier reporting on it. However it is part and parcel of how Russia sees the world and acts within it. I have no idea why it's become politically incorrect to refer to the Gerasimov doctrine but it's suddenly in the last little while getting hard to locate good sources. I had one Russian source--the Russian embassy in Britain that posted it in English but it seems to have disappeared. Or I'm imagining it all.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Yup that was another time that Carter dropped the ball.

The old USSR never got rid of theirs, and they showed up again in 2014 in the Gerasimov Doctrine which started with a speech from General Gerasimov but was adopted in it's principles by Russia which states that Russia must limit the expansion of NATO and work with other major powers such as China and others like Iran and India to stop America from being the primary power or the unipolar power in the world.

To do so they can and will use hybrid warfare which can use small nuclear weapons (think suitcase nukes or neutron bombs) to cause maximum harm to the enemies of Russia while limiting the harm to the environment and surrounding nations.

Other forms of hybrid warfare include disinformation (propaganda and sowing the seeds of distrust in the enemy population) plus cyber warfare (Russian hackers holding companies for ransom or bringing down their key infrastructure programs for electricity or communications), taking out communication links such as the internet-- cutting undersea cables or just bombing those building that control that sort of thing (Ukraine).

They also include the use of proxies-- this battle between the Ukraine and Russia is Russia using it's proxies within the population (that happened in the Crimean situation when Russian proxies shot down a passenger plane using Russian weapons). Or using the Ukraine as a proxy for NATO. The globalists are using NATO and the West as proxies to destabilize Russia in part because Russia is a threat to their eventual global control.

Russia used all but the nukes in their reconquest of their former territory Georgia, long before they moved into Crimea and then after Trump was safely out of office, they moved in on Ukraine.

By the way the term Gerasimov doctrine is now out of favour in the western media who are distancing themselves from their earlier reporting on it. However it is part and parcel of how Russia sees the world and acts within it. I have no idea why it's become politically incorrect to refer to the Gerasimov doctrine but it's suddenly in the last little while getting hard to locate good sources. I had one Russian source--the Russian embassy in Britain that posted it in English but it seems to have disappeared. Or I'm imagining it all.

Western media doesn't want to scare the snowflakes.

FWIW I put Gerasimov doctrine pdf into the Duck

Back