Ukraine renews requests for F-16s and other jet fighters from allies

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Ukraine renews requests for F-16s and other jet fighters from allies
"It's time we gave our Ukrainian top guns the tools to finish the job. Ukraine needs F-16s now," said the Ukrainian Defense Ministry.
By MICHAEL STARR
Published: AUGUST 29, 2022

The Ukrainian military renewed its requests to allies for the donation of advanced jet fighters, with a special focus on the American-made General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon, in a series of social media posts on Ukraine's Aviation Day on Saturday.

"For the last 184 days the pilots of the Ukrainian air force have been fighting against a numerically and technologically superior enemy," read the text in a video posted by the Ukrainian Defense Ministry, which was set to the Kenny Loggins song Danger Zone from the American fighter pilot film Top Gun. "It's time we gave our Ukrainian top guns the tools to finish the job. Ukraine needs F-16s now." The post asserted that the fighter aircraft were needed not just for Ukraine's sake, but to defend the "free world" as well.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/international/article-715788

athenasius

The post asserted that the fighter aircraft were needed not just for Ukraine's sake, but to defend the "free world" as well.
That's scary. Who elected Zelensky to defend the "free world"? And how does he define that?

While I'm totally against Russia invading and I'm all for Ukraine defending themselves-- I am not sure that giving them an arsenal they otherwise can't afford to buy is right.

If they can defend themselves with their own resources then they deserve to have and keep their country. But there comes a point with every country, that if they can't defend themselves, by themselves, they can't be a country anymore. They get taken over by a larger neighbour with bigger better weapons.

The point comes down to this: is it better to arm the Ukrainians and weaken the Russians or let nature take it's course and allow things to play out?

I would argue that Russia is less of a threat to the "free world" than a bunch of Ukrainian leaders who were in Joe Biden's back pocket up till the invasion.

While I applaud Zelensky's desire to defend his country, arming him with state of the art fighter jets might be creating a fresh new problem.

A bunch of oligarchs who were used to money coming in from arms deals, drug deals -- Hunter Biden kind of deals, now suddenly having a bunch of fighter jets.

That would also make Russia justifiably angry and paranoid about the west, and they already are a fair ways into that attitude already. They don't need this to push them over the edge. Why make more of an enemy of Russia than they already are?

Lastly there is the question of cost.

Who pays for these jets?

The American tax payer I presume!

What benefit do the American tax payers get from arming the Ukrainians to the teeth when last year they were Hunter Biden's best buddies?

Or more bluntly, what benefit is there to the American tax payer by enriching the criminal element over in the Ukraine even more, AND giving them state of the art weapons that they didn't have to pay for?

Jaybird

I totally agree with you! We forget that the Ukrainian gas company hired Hunter Biden and how corrupt the Ukraine is. The globalists don't like Russia because they won't play their game. In fact, Russia sees them as the enemy trying to gain control of Russia. I am in no way condoning war, but the media tries to make Putin sound like he's crazy or has a terminal disease so he is acting out of desperation. No, he clearly sees the threat of the globalists to Russian interests. If we give any fighter jets to Ukraine there is no doubt that Hunter will get a commission and give 10% to the "Big Guy."