Ukraine pleads with West for heavy weapons as Russia presses to cut off key city

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Ukraine pleads with West for heavy weapons as Russia presses to cut off key city
Zelensky aide says Ukrainian artillery outnumbered 10 to one; Moscow announces humanitarian corridor to evacuate civilians from besieged chemical plant in Severodonetsk
By Anna MALPAS and Max Delany
15 June 2022

LYSYCHANSK, Ukraine (AFP) — Ukraine pleaded with Western governments Wednesday to decide quickly on sending heavy weapons to shore up its faltering defenses, as Russia said it would evacuate civilians from a frontline chemical plant. The industrial city of Severodonetsk is under intense bombardment as Russia focuses its offensive on the Donbas region in an effort to secure a swath of eastern and southern Ukraine.

Moscow’s forces have intensified efforts to cut off beleaguered Ukrainian troops remaining in the city, and have said that they will open a corridor to allow civilians to flee the besieged factory. Western defense ministers, including US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, were meeting at NATO headquarters in Brussels, under pressure to step up weapons shipments to Ukraine. “Brussels, we are waiting for a decision,” Mykhaylo Podolyak, senior aide to President Volodymyr Zelensky posted on social media, warning that Ukraine’s artillery is outgunned by 10 to one.

more.............. https://www.timesofisrael.com/ukrai...eapons-as-russia-presses-to-cut-off-key-city/

Momma D

We have seen how well the Russian humanitarian corridors work...
They have been killing fields in the past.

Momma D

I respected Zelensky in the beginning of this, but lost respect for him when his pleadings became demands.
Our own country has wars going on internally.
We need to deal with those...if we had
leadership rhat would do so.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I respected Zelensky in the beginning of this, but lost respect for him when his pleadings became demands.
Our own country has wars going on internally.
We need to deal with those...if we had
leadership rhat would do so.
Zelensky is not to be trusted at all.

Dave123

We have bigger problems of our own. China has been mapping out our most sensitive military assets. That's what that balloon was about. It likely had satellite link that transmitted all of that information long before we shot it down. We are going to have to let Ukraine fight their own war. We have irregular war of our own going on and it seems we are asleep at the wheel. I have a feeling that if we step in to defend Taiwan against China, China will know where to strike us. We need to look after our own interests and shore up our defenses instead of depleting our weapons for Ukraine's sake. We have done little to prepare, I fear.

Back