Ukraine deploys new US howitzers at front lines of war

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Ukraine deploys new US howitzers at front lines of war
The M-777 howitzer consignment is part of a huge outlay of weapons from Washington to help Ukraine fend off Russia's invasion.
By ROMAN MEITAV
Published: MAY 15, 2022

Ukraine has deployed many of its new US M-777 howitzers at the front lines and Washington has delivered all but one of the 90 artillery pieces they were due to send, the US embassy in Kyiv said on Sunday. The M-777 howitzer consignment is part of a huge outlay of weapons from Washington to help Ukraine fend off Russia's invasion, which began on Feb. 24. The M-777 is seen as particularly significant because of its long-range and accuracy.

The US embassy reposted a Ukrainian military video of Kyiv's soldiers training to use the weapons. "M-777 Howitzers in action. Part of the United States' most recent $800 million care package for the Ukrainian Armed Forces," it tweeted. "All but one of the 90 Howitzers sent by the United States are now in Ukraine, many now deployed on the front lines," it said.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/international/article-706750

GEOINTAnalyst

daygo

M777 Howitzer is a 155mm Canon with an effective range of about 14 miles with the standard M795 round

The US has provided about 90 Canons, Canada 4, Australia 6, with ammunition but cannot find any info on how much ammunition or what type
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ukraine-m777-howitzer-russia-heavy-artillery-1.6427762
https://apnews.com/article/russia-u...urope-moscow-69f39ffb0c58c7fdbbf3154cca0a9230
https://www.defense.gov/News/Releas...-sheet-on-us-security-assistance-for-ukraine/
Impressive.

Footsteps

M777 Howitzer is a 155mm Canon with an effective range of about 14 miles with the standard M795 round

The US has provided about 90 Canons, Canada 4, Australia 6, with ammunition but cannot find any info on how much ammunition or what type
I can describe the type of artillery shells. They are smart rounds. No Russian civilians can be targeted by them, since Russian troops did not include the following in their Special Military Operation:

Spouses
Children
Elderly
Disabled/blind
Newborns
Hospital inpatients

Lastcall

The types of weapons that Ukraine is receiving and their deployment is useful intelligence to the enemy. I don't understand why all this type of info is getting broadcast. I'm guessing it is our current US administration...
I believe modern intel gathering techniques would allow Russia to know what weapons Ukraine is recieving, as there really are no more secrets on the battlefield.

Lastcall

All Russia has to do is read the headlines...
When we think back to the old saying “loose lips sink ships” thats from a bygone era. I think you might be truly amazed if you were to see first hand the intel gathering capabilities of modern day tech.

Nowadays, when military news is released, its more of a show of force for the rest of the world, or disinformation.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
When we think back to the old saying “loose lips sink ships” thats from a bygone era. I think you might be truly amazed if you were to see first hand the intel gathering capabilities of modern day tech.

Nowadays, when military news is released, its more of a show of force for the rest of the world, or disinformation.

Intelligence was my background. I know what US capabilities are more than most people. I don't know what Russia's capabilities are and would find it unwise to overestimate them to the point of figuring they might as well be told since they're going to know anyways. Clearly they'd learn at some point or other, but I believe it is foolish to hand the information over to them, in some cases in advance.

Lastcall

Intelligence was my background. I know what US capabilities are more than most people. I don't know what Russia's capabilities are and would find it unwise to overestimate them to the point of figuring they might as well be told since they're going to know anyways. Clearly they'd learn at some point or other, but I believe it is foolish to hand the information over to them, in some cases in advance.
“Aye aye LtCol” you might be right.

Certain info should never be released.

DWB

The U.S. is not being run by smart people these days. It's almost like they are trying to fail, like a disgruntled employee trying to sabotage their employer. If Biden and his group are trying to hurt America, they couldn't be doing a better job. I think Biden showed his true colors on his first day in office by eliminating many of Trump's programs just for spite. It was more important to his group to hurt Trump than to help this country.

JimFromOhio

The U.S. is not being run by smart people these days. It's almost like they are trying to fail, like a disgruntled employee trying to sabotage their employer. If Biden and his group are trying to hurt America, they couldn't be doing a better job. I think Biden showed his true colors on his first day in office by eliminating many of Trump's programs just for spite. It was more important to his group to hurt Trump than to help this country.
Everything is going as planned for them. I truly believe they are intentionally destroying this country.