Ukraine and Russia seal grain deal as U.S. pledges more military aid

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

Ukraine and Russia seal grain deal as U.S. pledges more military aid​

"ISTANBUL/KYIV, July 22 (Reuters) - Russia and Ukraine signed a landmark deal on Friday to unblock grain exports from Black Sea ports and ease an international food crisis while the United States pledged more military support five months into the invasion."

More
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...deal-be-signed-friday-turkey-says-2022-07-21/

What Ukraine and Russia got from the grain deal​

"Ukraine and Russia have signed the grain agreements. They signed them separately - there are several documents which were agreed separately by Ukrainian and Russian delegates with the UN secretary general and Turkish leaders. If Russia does not violate those agreements, which many analysts doubt, Ukraine will be able to ship its grain, oil and fertilizers from three ports in and around Odessa, namely Chornomorsk, Pivdennyy and Odesa. At the same time, Istanbul will be constantly monitoring to ensure that only foreign merchant ships enter Ukrainian ports. Enemy troops will not be able to approach the ships - a security zone will be formed."

More
https://en.lb.ua/news/2022/07/23/16438_ukraine_russia_got.html

Russia-Ukraine Grain Deal Won’t Translate Into Big Exports Immediately​

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia...late-into-big-exports-immediately-11658502802

New Customers: In Occupied Ukraine, Grain Is Sold To Russia​

https://www.ibtimes.com/new-customers-occupied-ukraine-grain-sold-russia-3583839

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Last edited:

MapleLeaf

Huh. I give up trying to make sense of any of this. War is always ultimately about resources so....mission accomplished? Or does baby want a bigger bottle now? It's up to the reader to decide who the baby is. (Hint: all of them)

And Istanbul monitoring the situation to make sure it's fair? This is too rich.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Russian Missiles Blast Port of Odessa Hours After Deal on Grain Shipments Signed​

(AFP) – Russian missiles struck Ukraine’s key Black Sea port of Odessa Saturday, officials said, in an attack Kyiv described as a “spit in the face” of a deal signed by the warring neighbours a day earlier to resume grain exports blocked by the conflict.

Two cruise missiles hit terminal infrastructure, regional authorities said on social media, casting a shadow over the landmark agreement hammered out over months of negotiations aimed at relieving a global food crisis caused by stalled deliveries that sent wheat prices tumbling.

“The Russian missile [strike] is [Russian president] Vladimir Putin’s spit in the face of UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and Turkish President Recep [Tayyip] Erdogan, who made enormous efforts to reach an agreement,” said foreign ministry spokesman Oleg Nikolenko.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...essa-hours-after-deal-grain-shipments-signed/

Footsteps

Huh. I give up trying to make sense of any of this. War is always ultimately about resources so....mission accomplished? Or does baby want a bigger bottle now? It's up to the reader to decide who the baby is. (Hint: all of them)

All I know is, if I get into serious legal trouble, I’m not making any statements until I contact my attorney in Istanbul.

Ghoti Ichthus

Geographically, they're the only country that can.
They're a member of NATO. :hmmm
(thinking about the coalition and the kings that give their power and authority to another)

Last edited:

athenasius

Russian Missiles Blast Port of Odessa Hours After Deal on Grain Shipments Signed​

(AFP) – Russian missiles struck Ukraine’s key Black Sea port of Odessa Saturday, officials said, in an attack Kyiv described as a “spit in the face” of a deal signed by the warring neighbours a day earlier to resume grain exports blocked by the conflict.

Two cruise missiles hit terminal infrastructure, regional authorities said on social media, casting a shadow over the landmark agreement hammered out over months of negotiations aimed at relieving a global food crisis caused by stalled deliveries that sent wheat prices tumbling.

“The Russian missile [strike] is [Russian president] Vladimir Putin’s spit in the face of UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and Turkish President Recep [Tayyip] Erdogan, who made enormous efforts to reach an agreement,” said foreign ministry spokesman Oleg Nikolenko.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...essa-hours-after-deal-grain-shipments-signed/
I saw that this morning, and it's what Russia has been doing since they began this.

Every. Single. Time.

They use these like target practice to fire on the Ukraine regardless of what they promised. Civilian corridors for safe evacuation, Grain exports, Hospitals, schools, churches, they are all being bombed.

It's like a nasty real life version of the Peanuts cartoon where Lucy tempts Charlie Brown to kick the football, and every time she pulls it away yet she continues to talk him into another rerun of the same behaviour.

What this does is point to the fact that Turkey has no power to enforce anything where Russia is concerned. And Russia can't be trusted at all.

MapleLeaf

So the psychological torture of promising relief and escape and then immediately attacking that is still in the Russian arsenal. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The nastiness (such a pitiful word in this situation) is hard to fathom. It's all part of keeping people demoralised and on their heals so they don't know how to effectively respond.

athenasius

It's all part of keeping people demoralised and on their heals so they don't know how to effectively respond.
That is very much a part of how Russia does war. It's part of the culture. Keep their enemy on the defensive, and keep the attacks going in quick succession so they are constantly reacting to crisis after crisis. Don't let them breathe in between and think about an effective counter strategy.

Ghoti Ichthus

So the psychological torture of promising relief and escape and then immediately attacking that is still in the Russian arsenal. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The nastiness (such a pitiful word in this situation) is hard to fathom. It's all part of keeping people demoralised and on their heals so they don't know how to effectively respond.
Fortunately, the Church, The Gospel, and God's Providance. Without them, far more would perish.

MapleLeaf

Fortunately, the Church, The Gospel, and God's Providance. Without them, far more would perish.
I now wish I had asked my Oma for her testimony. She's still alive but very deaf and not very "with it" anymore. My great-grandfather was a kulak in Ukraine (though of German ethnicity) and was killed both for being a kulak and being of different faith. He was a very strong Believer but my Oma didn't accept Christ until several years into her marriage and already being in Canada. I am sure her mother was praying desperately for her but I am still curious what made her change her mind. I know it was God who was watching over her and my Opa even though they weren't Believers. My poor great-grandmother had to become a widow and watch her children grow in disbelief through all those trials. She did get to see my Oma come to faith but my great-uncle didn't come to Christ until the year before he died...long after my great-grandmother was in heaven (I never got to meet her....I can't wait to see her!)

And it's really bugging me that I wrote "heals" instead of "heels". No more typing in the middle of the night.

Ghoti Ichthus

I now wish I had asked my Oma for her testimony. She's still alive but very deaf and not very "with it" anymore. My great-grandfather was a kulak in Ukraine (though of German ethnicity) and was killed both for being a kulak and being of different faith. He was a very strong Believer but my Oma didn't accept Christ until several years into her marriage and already being in Canada. I am sure her mother was praying desperately for her but I am still curious what made her change her mind. I know it was God who was watching over her and my Opa even though they weren't Believers. My poor great-grandmother had to become a widow and watch her children grow in disbelief through all those trials. She did get to see my Oma come to faith but my great-uncle didn't come to Christ until the year before he died...long after my great-grandmother was in heaven (I never got to meet her....I can't wait to see her!)

And it's really bugging me that I wrote "heals" instead of "heels". No more typing in the middle of the night.

Ask your Oma for her testimony, anyway. Amazing how some things will still be very clear even after most everything else has gotten confused or forgotten. If she can't tell you, maybe she can write or sign it. Someone else may be able to help understand her or clarify things with you. And The Holy Ghost might help :smile

MapleLeaf

Ask your Oma for her testimony, anyway. Amazing how some things will still be very clear even after most everything else has gotten confused or forgotten. If she can't tell you, maybe she can write or sign it. Someone else may be able to help understand her or clarify things with you. And The Holy Ghost might help :smile
I will have to get my mom to do it for me. I am out of province and who knows when I can get back again. I used to write her letters some time but she's not able to read them anymore. I may only get a partial story but I am curious.