U.S. Troops Have Been Secretly Training Taiwan's Military: Report

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
A new exclusive report shows that, for "at least a year," American service members have been deployed in Taiwan to train local forces in case China turns its military threats into action.

According to The Wall Street Journal and U.S. officials it spoke with, "About two dozen members of U.S. special-operations and support troops are conducting training for small units of Taiwan’s ground forces" and "U.S. Marines are working with local maritime forces on small-boat training."

The covert training becomes more important in light of China's recent escalation of military sorties penetrating Taiwan's Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ) that have increased to record-setting frequency in recent days raising concerns that China may attempt to do to Taiwan what it did to Hong Kong.

As The WSJ points out, "The Chinese flights, while not entering the area Taiwan defines as its airspace, have been a reminder of the Communist Party’s view of Taiwan as a part of China. Beijing has vowed to take control of the island by force if necessary." Part of the concerns, according to WSJ, come after "top U.S. military officials testified earlier this year that Beijing is likely to try to use force in its designs on Taiwan within the next six years" while "other officials have said China’s timeline could be sooner than that."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spenc...tly-training-taiwans-military-report-n2597096

I don't think a little ground training will do overly much for Taiwan. If mainland China does invade it will likely use overwhelming force and mainland China won't be concerned about its own casualties... they've got more than enough of young male human assets. Taiwan needs a massive number of anti-aircraft/anti-missile systems working together that can manage many hundreds of targets at once. And weaponry that can take out ships. And they need nukes for a necessary counter-offensive.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Taiwan Defense Ministry: China Capable of ‘Full Scale’ Invasion by 2025​

China will be capable of staging a “full scale” invasion of Taiwan by 2025, Taiwan’s defense minister warned legislators in Taipei on Wednesday.

“By 2025, China will bring the cost and attrition to its lowest. It has the capacity now, but it will not start a war easily, having to take many other things into consideration,” Taiwanese Defense Minister Chiu Kuo-cheng said at a Taiwanese parliamentary session on October 6.

Lawmakers asked Chiu “about Beijing’s ability to attack Taiwan on all fronts” during the meeting.

“The Chinese Communists already have the ability to do so now, but they need to think about the cost and consequence of starting a war,” Chiu responded, as quoted by the South China Morning Post (SCMP).

A military expenditure committee of Taiwan’s Legislative Yuan, or unicameral legislature, met on Wednesday to review a proposed spending plan for the island. The plan’s budget is “worth T$240 billion ($8.6 billion) over the next five years for homemade weapons including missiles and warships,” Reuters reported.

Relations between Beijing and Taipei are currently “the most serious” Chiu has seen in the more than 40 years since he joined Taiwan’s Armed Forces, the defense minister revealed on October 6. He told the island’s military expenditure committee there was a legitimate risk of a “misfire” across the Taiwan Strait, which separates China from Taiwan, due to the heightened tensions.

“For me as a military man, the urgency is right in front of me,” Chiu added.

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2021...istry-china-capable-full-scale-invasion-2025/

I think it's a mistake to think Taiwan has a few years before China will invade. They need to be ready for an invasion today and everyday going forward.

depserv

No reason for the Chinese communists not to invade as long as their whore occupies the American presidency.

If I remember right it seems like Chinese culture combined with government edicts has resulted in an overabundance of men. So I'm sure those who see the people they rule as nothing but tools wouldn't mind one bit if a few million of them were killed.

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
No reason for the Chinese communists not to invade as long as their whore occupies the American presidency.

If I remember right it seems like Chinese culture combined with government edicts has resulted in an overabundance of men. So I'm sure those who see the people they rule as nothing but tools wouldn't mind one bit if a few million of them were killed.
Most of those "excess" men are precious male sons in a country that has been enforcing a one-child policy for many years. The government of China might want to be careful about killing off pawns if it wakes the populace to rebellion, which millions of deaths would likely do. History has shown that the Chinese can get pretty crazy when awakened to change en masse.

lismore

I don't think a little ground training will do overly much for Taiwan. If mainland China does invade it will likely use overwhelming force and mainland China won't be concerned about its own casualties... they've got more than enough of young male human assets.
Perhaps finally the facade would slip, too many in the West see China as a trade partner and a government to work with. The Communist regime would finally be recognised for what they are. (This should have happened a long time ago though given the government repression there). God Bless :)

athenasius

I think it's a mistake to think Taiwan has a few years before China will invade. They need to be ready for an invasion today and everyday going forward.
China has had Taiwan in their gun sights since the Revolution and that only increased after they took over Hong Kong. That takeover let them know the West has very little interest in defending either one. Sadly I think the invasion is coming soon while Biden is in power. China won't want to risk another election that might have a Trump reelected in spite of all the Dominion voting machines and suitcases of ballots ready to go.

Their window of opportunity is during the Biden administration.

Rocky Rivera

In terms of technological might and munitions, the United States is the strongest, bar none! But in terms of guerrilla warfare, the United States is one of the weakest. If the Taiwanese hope to win a prolonged conflict against China's massive numbers, they need not only some of those juicy hardwares the Biden regime gave to the Taliban, they need some hard training in guerrilla warfare tactics. If Israel is interested, they ought to give them some training in this regard. Forget the bagua bull and learn something truly useful like Krav Maga, which is used against Muslim terrorists daily.

Still, I have a feeling that God just might allow a Chinese takeover of Taiwan. Why? A look at Taiwanese society, media, and culture shows that homosexuality has become mainstream and hip. He might allow them to suffer so that the pain points them back to the Savior. Still, we can only watch and see.

kathymendel

Taiwan is so small, and China is so big territorially and militarily, that it's really a no-contest situation.
China, by sheer numbers and force, could easily overcome Taiwan. Our weak government will do nothing major
to support Taiwan. I think we are seeing war beginning to converge in different areas of the world, that conforms to
the prophecies of the last days and the tribulation. I don't think it will be stopped, nor will we ever go back to the normals
we once new............here, or around the globe.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Taiwan is so small, and China is so big territorially and militarily, that it's really a no-contest situation.
China, by sheer numbers and force, could easily overcome Taiwan. Our weak government will do nothing major
to support Taiwan. I think we are seeing war beginning to converge in different areas of the world, that conforms to
the prophecies of the last days and the tribulation. I don't think it will be stopped, nor will we ever go back to the normals

Taiwan would need weapons like nukes to make the potential cost to the mainland too high to risk it. Otherwise, yeah, the outcome is a foregone conclusion.

If China thought a country like the USA would come to Taiwan's aid and use nukes to cause China to stop the invasion they wouldn't invade. I don't think there's any chance the US or another western power would intervene.

ByFaithIFly

Taiwan Defense Ministry: China Capable of ‘Full Scale’ Invasion by 2025​

China will be capable of staging a “full scale” invasion of Taiwan by 2025, Taiwan’s defense minister warned legislators in Taipei on Wednesday.

“By 2025, China will bring the cost and attrition to its lowest. It has the capacity now, but it will not start a war easily, having to take many other things into consideration,” Taiwanese Defense Minister Chiu Kuo-cheng said at a Taiwanese parliamentary session on October 6.

Lawmakers asked Chiu “about Beijing’s ability to attack Taiwan on all fronts” during the meeting.

“The Chinese Communists already have the ability to do so now, but they need to think about the cost and consequence of starting a war,” Chiu responded, as quoted by the South China Morning Post (SCMP).

A military expenditure committee of Taiwan’s Legislative Yuan, or unicameral legislature, met on Wednesday to review a proposed spending plan for the island. The plan’s budget is “worth T$240 billion ($8.6 billion) over the next five years for homemade weapons including missiles and warships,” Reuters reported.

Relations between Beijing and Taipei are currently “the most serious” Chiu has seen in the more than 40 years since he joined Taiwan’s Armed Forces, the defense minister revealed on October 6. He told the island’s military expenditure committee there was a legitimate risk of a “misfire” across the Taiwan Strait, which separates China from Taiwan, due to the heightened tensions.

“For me as a military man, the urgency is right in front of me,” Chiu added.

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2021...istry-china-capable-full-scale-invasion-2025/

I agree with your last statement TT. China knows Biden is weak and might hesitate before committing our full military forces to defend Taiwan. The only crises that China would have to not attack would be if the Three Gorges Dam collapses and wipes out 400 million people and lot's of agriculture land. Theirs been a lot of talk about that happening...

are you ready

Japan should have keep Taiwan and not let them go their separate way,this happened just after WW II.

TimeWarpWife

The U.S. will never help Taiwan when China comes for them as long as Bumbling Biden is illegally occupying the WH. He'd have to return all those millions and millions of dollars China paid for him, probably with interest. :doh

Rocky Rivera

Perhaps the Taliban and Xi and coordinating to attack their intended targets simultaneously so that no one can come to the defense of either Taiwan or Israel. It's pretty much wait and see right now because it's not a matter of IF but WHEN.