Tyranny: Canadian Parliament Votes for Emergencies Act Motion

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The Canadian Parliament voted Monday night to approve Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s motion to invoke the Emergencies Act by a vote of 185 for and 151 against.

Trudeau invoked the Act, an unprecedented move, last week claiming it necessary to dispel peaceful protests linked to the Freedom Convoy movement, which is demanding an end to civil rights violations by the Trudeau government allegedly necessary to fight the Chinese coronavirus. At press time on Monday, no active Freedom Convoy protests exist anywhere in Canada.

The motion to uphold the invocation of emergency powers by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau passed in a vote in the Canadian House of Commons on Monday, with the Liberal Party and the NDP and other allies garnering 181 votes for the motion.

The motion was opposed by the Conservative Party of Canada (CPC) and the separatist Bloc Quebecois (BQ) and their allies, who voted against it with 151 votes, broadcaster CBC reports.

The passing of the measure in the House of Commons is the first step toward confirming the use of the act, which allows the government significant powers.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...dian-parliament-votes-emergencies-act-motion/

In order for the act to be fully passed, it must also face a vote in the Canadian Senate, according to the text of the act. A debate in the Canadian Senate is expected to begin on Tuesday morning, the Toronto Star newspaper reports.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Trudeau's Government Votes to Keep Dictatorship in Place for Another 30 Days​

Canada’s dictatorship will continue for another 30 days. The blockades are done, but High Chancellor Justin Trudeau says his emergency powers are not over until he says they’re over. The reasoning behind the invocation of the Emergencies Act, which sounds like something out of Oceania, was weak. Canada’s equivalent to the American Civil Liberties Union was not convinced the benchmarks for this act were met. The same reasons they gave existed for weeks before Trudeau decided to declare war on his own people. Just speak with the folks and end the vaccine mandates, Trudy. It’s really that simple. Have you been outside? Omicron is over. The pandemic is over. Everyone is lifting their restrictions. We’re in the endemic phase of COVID. Nope. Canada’s parliament decided to keep the fascist police state going for another 30 days. Thirty days to stomp the spread of people’s rights

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...torship-in-place-for-another-30-days-n2603584

biblegirl

I was disappointed but not surprised with the outcome of the vote. Most of our leaders do not represent the people anymore; they consistently vote to uphold the interests of the WEF/internationalists crowd. A video has surfaced where Klaus Schwab is bragging about how the graduates from the WEF Young Leaders program have infiltrated governments throughout the world. Trudeau was a graduate of that program, as well as his right hand henchwoman, Chrystia Freeland. I feel for the freedom loving Canadians who are caught in this World Reset trap. I am also fully aware that we in the U.S. may face similar outcomes soon. I find myself looking up more and more in these dark times.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Is it my imagination or is every government now controlled by Communist-Fascist dictators? As I posted before, I can't think of one government not controlled by these Hitler-Stalin-Mao-wannabees. They do whatever they want to do and seemingly nobody is able to stop them. :ohno

The Soviet Union had a nice sounding Constitution, but it was just a facade. Now western laws that regulate what our govmints can and cannot do are nothing more than a facade.

MapleLeaf

The Senate has 3 days to debate the matter but I really don't see it going any other way than to agree to pass it. Too many senators are posting tone-deaf remarks on Twitter like "no one is forcing you to get the shot so I don't get the fuss". I guess "force" is another word that's going to get a new definition in the dictionary. I am glad I at least have a printed/hard copy dictionary from pre-2010. Just wish I had one pre-2001.

MapleLeaf

Trudeau REVOKED the Emergency Act this evening. I'm cautiously optimistic. All the pundits and politicians screaming up to this afternoon how it was justified now all look very stupid. He is throwing them under the bus in efforts to save himself. It does appear the Senate was not going to approve it and The Conservatives were already tabling a motion to take another vote (which the Emergency Act allowed for).

I don't know if the monetary monitoring and ability to freeze at will is remaining. I don't think it should be but who knows what they'll try.