Two Polls Show Majority of Registered Voters Oppose Impeachment

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/11/two-polls-show-majority-of-registered-voters-oppose-impeachment/

Two polls released this week show that a majority of registered voters in America now oppose the impeachment of President Trump and his removal from office.

One of those polls also shows that a majority of adults who live in 2016 swing counties oppose impeachment and removal by a seven point margin.

A Quinnipiac Poll released on Tuesday shows “lightly more than half of all registered voters, 51 percent, think that President Trump should not be impeached and removed from office, while 45 percent say he should be impeached and removed.”

The summary of the poll concluded:

This compares to a November 26 poll in which 48 percent of voters said the president should not be impeached, while 45 percent said he should be. Today’s poll is the first time since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the inquiry that more than half of voters say that Trump should not be impeached.
A Monmouth University Poll released on Wednesday shows that 51 percent of registered voters oppose the impeachment of the president and his removal from office, while 44 percent support it. (See Question 4 on page 2 of the poll’s crosstabs, which are included in this document from Monmouth University, but are found after the nine page summary of the poll at the beginning of the document.)

The exact language of the question posed to respondents in the poll was: “Do you think President Trump should be impeached and compelled to leave the presidency, or not?”

The Monmouth University Poll results also provided details about opposition to impeachment at the county level based on 2016 presidential election results. (See Question 4 on page 2 of the poll’s crosstabs.)

In counties President Trump won by ten points or more, 63 percent of poll respondents (which includes both registered voters and adults who are not registered to vote) oppose impeachment of the president and his removal from office, while only 32 percent support impeachment.

In counties Hillary Clinton won by ten points or more, only 37 percent of poll respondents oppose impeachment of the president and his removal from office, while 58 percent support it.

Significantly, the majority of adult respondents in swing counties–those where neither President Trump nor Hillary Clinton won by a margin greater than ten points–oppose impeachment.

Fifty-one percent of swing county adults oppose impeachment of the president and his removal from office, while only 44 percent support it.

This latter swing county breakdown of public opinion is especially relevant in the days leading up to an anticipated floor vote on impeachment, currently expected to be held on the floor of the House of Representatives some time before next Friday, December 20........

Andy C

Good news for the President, and bad news for the dems in counties Trump carried in the last election. This impeachment farce could easily cost the DNC control of the House. If Trump has the Senate and the House controlled by the GOP next year, Trump will not be inclined to listen to ANYTHING the Dems want to do. Payback. Nancy will fade away to obscurity.

RobinMc

For many years, I have known that a certain amount of the population is totally democrat and almost the same number of people are totally republican. It's that small amount in the middle that have the ability to change their minds, that can go back and forth, THAT'S the people that are changing the polls, and that's the people that will give Trump this election, again.
I can not imagine one scenario that I would be able to vote for a dem. I didn't want to vote for McCain, Romney or Trump, but I had no choice. Now I am Trumps biggest supporter, he actually does what he said he would do, to the best of his ability, with what he has to work with.

GotGrace

Good news for the President, and bad news for the dems in counties Trump carried in the last election. This impeachment farce could easily cost the DNC control of the House. If Trump has the Senate and the House controlled by the GOP next year, Trump will not be inclined to listen to ANYTHING the Dems want to do. Payback. Nancy will fade away to obscurity.
Obscurity how sweet the sound upon fancy Nancy.

InsuranceGuy

Some of the polls I have seen are mostly in New York and California. Two heavily laden Liberal states. I put zero stock in what the polls say. Most of them have less than 1,000 responses. We have 335 million people in this country. 1,000 people don't make a difference. lol I hope Trump is cleared. I hope he's re-elected. I'd love to watch Nancy Pelosi's head explode on national television.