Twitter will not reinstate banned users without 'clear process,' Musk says

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Elon Musk hints that the new timeline implies Trump will not return in time for the midterm elections on November 8.
By REUTERS
Published: NOVEMBER 2, 2022

Banned accounts will not be allowed back onto Twitter until the social media platform has "a clear process for doing so," Elon Musk tweeted in the early hours on Wednesday, giving more clarity about the potential return of Twitter's most famous banned user, former US President Donald Trump.

Creating such a process would take at least a few more weeks, Musk tweeted. The new timeline implies Trump will not return in time for the midterm elections on Nov. 8.

Twitter users, advertisers and its own employees have been watching closely for signs of what Musk will do in his first week as Twitter's owner. The Tesla chief executive has previously said Twitter should not permanently ban users and that he would reverse the ban on Trump, who was suspended for risk of further incitement of violence after the US Capitol riot last year.

more............... https://www.jpost.com/business-and-innovation/article-721304

depserv

I had hoped for 100% free speech, along with the ability for anyone to block anyone who offends them. Let the users decide, instead of letting a big brother decide for them. That big brother being private sector instead of government doesn't change this; it makes it legal I suppose, depending on who's banned and why, but it does not make it ok. The fact is, where there is censorship, that power will be used by corrupt people to suppress truth they want to keep buried.

If any speech should be banned for being offensive and dangerous, at the top of the list should be the propaganda of the liberal cult, especially its promotion of race hatred, civilian disarmament, Marxism, feminism and the disintegration of the family, homosexuality, transgenderism, and other forms of devil worship. If some things are banned but those things are not banned they are given the false appearance of legitimacy.

And no one expects these things to be banned. So that makes it look like the one making the decisions has taken sides, and the side he has taken is the same side that has long been in control of Twitter; he is just not as intense in his censorship.

But I hold out hope that the new owner's heart is in the right place and he really does believe in free speech. There is very good reason that the land of the free has a law guaranteeing that the government shall not get in the way of free speech, and that concept is so important in this land that it is not only law but part of our culture. So I hope he ultimately sees the evil in censorship, and lets the users decide.

There is though one limit on free speech that even I agree with, that limit being the telling of malicious lies. Truth should never be banned, but a malicious lie serves no good purpose, and can be a very dangerous and destructive weapon, used against an individual, a group, or a nation. But again, this is a reason to ban liberal propaganda, since it is all just one big malicious lie, and no one is talking about banning it, not even the most hard core patriot, because we know that corrupt censors will simply define truth they want to suppress as a malicious lie. All we ask is to be able to respond to these lies with the truth.

TimeWarpWife

As with Zelenskyy, my gut tells me that Musk is not to be trusted and I don't. Like so many others, he talks a good game, but in the end I see Musk as just another progressive, liberal globalist. Btw, the red leather costume he showed up in for Heidi Klum's Halloween party is called "the devil's champion." :sad

Last edited:

GotGrace

Elon Musk hints that the new timeline implies Trump will not return in time for the midterm elections on November 8.
By REUTERS

Banned accounts will not be allowed back onto Twitter until the social media platform has "a clear process for doing so," Elon Musk tweeted in the early hours on Wednesday, giving more clarity about the potential return of Twitter's most famous banned user, former US President Donald Trump.

Creating such a process would take at least a few more weeks, Musk tweeted. The new timeline implies Trump will not return in time for the midterm elections on Nov. 8.

Twitter users, advertisers and its own employees have been watching closely for signs of what Musk will do in his first week as Twitter's owner. The Tesla chief executive has previously said Twitter should not permanently ban users and that he would reverse the ban on Trump, who was suspended for risk of further incitement of violence after the US Capitol riot last year.

more............... https://www.jpost.com/business-and-innovation/article-721304
Who knows how Twitter will shake out.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Musk calls himself a free speech absolutist. I think he'd personally allow anything and everything, but due to the need for advertising revenue the company will need to moderate and not allow some things. Given how quickly fact checking and whatnot is turning on the libertards on the Twitter board, it appears that not all the employees of Twitter were brain dead, but probably doing whatever they were told to do...

Bethlehem57

By REUTERS

Yesterday, I was listening to Alexander Hamilton III, and he brought up the fact that Twitter had actual employees who before Musk’s takeover of Twitter, would actually go in and block, freeze accounts, etc., of comments made by conservatives, especially Christians. So yep, not only did they lie about algorithms that were censoring comments, all of course, made by people on the “right.”

The host said that these people will likely be jobless at the end of the week. Imagine people, like Twitter executives, lying….

Who would have thought……..

biblegirl

I'm afraid that Musk is showing signs of caving to the Leftists, at least to a certain extent. I was hoping he would stand firm for true free speech, but I'm not sure that he will at this point. Some of the people he has chosen to be on his committees are extreme Left wingers who have fully supported censorship under the guise of protecting people from 'misinformation'. That doesn't look promising to me.

As a side note, I was very disturbed to see the costume Musk chose to wear for Halloween- a fierce looking red leather armor suite with a large Baphomet in the center. I know that Musk makes no claim to be a Christian, but this looked outright demonic. He may have seen it as a harmless joke, but I thought it was very creepy.

Aiyanna

As a side note, I was very disturbed to see the costume Musk chose to wear for Halloween- a fierce looking red leather armor suite with a large Baphomet in the center. I know that Musk makes no claim to be a Christian, but this looked outright demonic. He may have seen it as a harmless joke, but I thought it was very creepy.
To be fair, Halloween is creepy. Most non-Christians were dressed in creepy ways.

GotGrace

I got banned for blocking the first lady and the president... Questionable decision? Probably... But they were randomly popping up on my feed and I didn't want to see their stuff.... I do not regret my actions, js..... :jail There are worse things than being banned from Twitter.....
I definitely don’t want to look at docjill! Really poor representation of U.S.

GotGrace

Yesterday, I was listening to Alexander Hamilton III, and he brought up the fact that Twitter had actual employees who before Musk’s takeover of Twitter, would actually go in and block, freeze accounts, etc., of comments made by conservatives, especially Christians. So yep, not only did they lie about algorithms that were censoring comments, all of course, made by people on the “right.”

The host said that these people will likely be jobless at the end of the week. Imagine people, like Twitter executives, lying….

Who would have thought……..
We knew blocking was going on long b4 Elon took over. The woman he fired was the main culprit in handing out the instructions and the little SJW’s gleefully followed. So yes we knew anything conservative wouldn’t see the light of day just like FB. What exactly is the other side so afraid of? The truth?

I don’t know that I would pay a wealthy billionaire $8 just to be a twit.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I don’t know that I would pay a wealthy billionaire $8 just to be a twit.

I joined Twitter last night just to support the hope that Twitter will become a free speech space. Doubt I'll ever use the account. Once my "influencer" checks start rolling in maybe I'll upgrade to an $8 twit. Not sure where those checks come from or why they come but I expect they'll start arriving any day now.

Last edited: