Twitter hires legal team to sue Musk over dropped takeover

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Twitter hires legal team to sue Musk over dropped takeover
Elon Musk on Friday terminated his deal, saying Twitter had failed to provide information about fake accounts on the platform.
By REUTERS
Published: JULY 10, 2022

Twitter Inc has hired US law firm Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz LLP as it prepares to sue Elon Musk and force him to complete the $44 billion acquisition of the social media company, according to people familiar with the matter. Musk, the chief executive officer of Tesla, on Friday terminated his deal, saying Twitter had failed to provide information about fake accounts on the platform, after which Twitter's chairman, Bret Taylor, vowed a legal fight. Twitter is planning to file a lawsuit early this week in Delaware, people familiar with the matter said.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-711720

depserv

I'd like to see him face Twitter in a civil court. They can't suppress truth or cancel him in that venue. The basis of him cancelling the deal is their fake accounts; these are a big deal because I would assume that their advertising rates are based on how many accounts they have, and they have refused to give him the information he asked for regarding those accounts. No decent judge will put up with that kind of nonsense, so it seems very likely that the truth about this matter will come out if it goes to court. And I hope he countersues them for enough to cover his legal expenses, and then buys Twitter for a reasonable price.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
And I hope he countersues them for enough to cover his legal expenses, and then buys Twitter for a reasonable price.

If the truth proves bad enough, Twitter may end up in bankruptsy to fend off lawsuits by their advertisers who will all have overpaid based on false numbers. Twitter could cease to exist unless somebody like Musk picks up what's left at a fire sale price, like a buck or two a share.

madcat

If the truth proves bad enough, Twitter may end up in bankruptsy to fend off lawsuits by their advertisers who will all have overpaid based on false numbers. Twitter could cease to exist unless somebody like Musk picks up what's left at a fire sale price, like a buck or two a share.
Awwwwww- wouldn‘t that be a shame ———- :monkeydance:monkeydance:monkeydance:monkeydanceDorsey bites the dust.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I suspect some may be giving Musk more credit than he is due. He is a great engineer. A pretty bright guy, but it appears hemade a really bad deal with regards to twitter.